2,767 results
All reviewsgreat locationforbidden citysuperior roomnew wingwalking distancepremier loungewangfujing streetnight markettour deskwaldorf astoriacentral locationbuffet breakfastshopping districtbit datedlobby barmajor attractionsfour nights
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have been to Beijing several times and this trip booked the hotel through a travel agent that had arranged a tour for us as well....so the price was right. The pluses: aside from a good rate, the location was close to the sights, shopping and restaurants. The bar was adequate after a long day of touring and the breakfast had a selection with something for everyone. The minuses:the room was small (but many are in Beijing), a bit dated and warm - we ended up opening the window at night. The biggest drawback was that we had to take 2 different lifts to our room and then walk up a flight of stairs. My Mom has a bad knee and it got to be a bit much for her after 3 days.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the lift
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
pattyp537, Manager at Novotel Beijing Peace, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the NOVOTEL Beijing Peace.

We were regret that room not meet your expectation ,we apologize for all inconvenience caused by us.

On the other hand ,We are pleased to read that you appreciate our location . .It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and in the meantime, if I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Patty pang

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Can't beat the location of this hotel. It's maybe a 10-15 minute walk to the subway and 5-10 minute walk to Tiananmen (very central). There's shopping and lots of food places near.

The morning breakfast is AWESOME! Make sure you get it included in your room because it's pricy.

Also make sure to check out the gym (very nice as far as hotel gyms go), sauna, and pool. All were very much above hotel standards. I thoroughly enjoyed working out and swimming there. Plus the locker room was very nice too.

The room was decent, bathroom was nice. But my goodness, the bed was the hardest thing I have ever slept on. It felt like sleeping on a board. I flipped over the covers & "the mattress" looked like only a box spring. I called the front desk to request a "more comfortable mattress" (a sign on the bed said this was possible) and they brought up a mattress topper a la college (one of those small foam things). I kid you not, my college dorm mattress was more comfortable. I'm not sure if hard mattresses are just standard for China or if Novotel was cutting corners, but it sucked. I may be spoiled from our foam mattress at home but this was beyond ridiculous.

Despite the mattress issue (which I'll just chock up to Chinese mattress standards) the breakfast and overall quality of our room and the gym makes this hotel 4 stars.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
pattyp537, Manager at Novotel Beijing Peace, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Beijing Peace.

We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern.

Patty pang

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The entrance to the lobby gave good impression but the room did not measure upto the Novotel standards. More like cheap hotels, both from size and from decore perspective. Also, it is so inconvenient to reach the rooms since there are no direct lifts.
Unlikely to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Harish D
pattyp537, Manager at Novotel Beijing Peace, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Guest

We were regret that our standard room not meet your expectation ,we apologize for all inconvenience caused by us. we hope we will have opportunity to welcome you back to experience our superior or premier room which located in main building in the future.

On the other hand ,We are pleased to read that the entrance of lobby were satisfying!. .It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern.

Patty Pang

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Room was good ( standard ) and clean, breakfast was the best we had on our whole trip and the bar area was smoke free, well staffed and a great view of the street so you can sit and watch the Beijing people go about their lives. The hotel was close to every thing we needed and the staff were frendly and spoke good english. The best and worst thing about our trip was I got very sick while staying in Beijing and the hotel staff were so helpful. My wife inquired at the desk about getting a doctor and the desk staff rang the SOS clinic for her, helped me down stairs, got a taxi and told him where to go and upon my return they catered for boiled eggs and toast. The cleaning staff knew I was sick and asked how I was and worked around me while doing thier job. Upon leaving I was asked by everyone how I was as these are genuine people. We returned for our last day in China and were upgraded to a superior room which was very well appointed and the staff just as frendly. We stayed at 2 other hotels in China in other cities but none compared to the Novotl peace

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigPete6969
li b, Manager at Novotel Beijing Peace, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for chosen the NOVOTEL Beijing Peace as your accommodation during your recent visit to Beijing and at same time taking the time to sharing your comments with others here.

We were delighted to read that your overall experience were satisfy! I will share your satisfaction with our team.
We all look forward to welcoming you again to NOVOTEL Beijing Peace.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

A great spot and in walking distance to Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. Shopping street close as well as the night markets. We booked a private car to visited the Great Wall at Mutianyu which is about 90 mins at a cost of 600 RMB. Hotel staff were great and very friendly. English well spoken so great for western travellers.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ropabull

Dear Guest

We all look forward to welcoming you again to NOVOTEL Beijing Peace.

Sincerely