2,762 results
All reviewsgreat locationforbidden citysuperior roomnew wingwalking distancepremier loungewangfujing streetnight markettour deskwaldorf astoriacentral locationbuffet breakfastshopping districtbit datedlobby barmajor attractionsfour nights
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Can't beat the location of this hotel. It's maybe a 10-15 minute walk to the subway and 5-10 minute walk to Tiananmen (very central). There's shopping and lots of food places near.

The morning breakfast is AWESOME! Make sure you get it included in your room because it's pricy.

Also make sure to check out the gym (very nice as far as hotel gyms go), sauna, and pool. All were very much above hotel standards. I thoroughly enjoyed working out and swimming there. Plus the locker room was very nice too.

The room was decent, bathroom was nice. But my goodness, the bed was the hardest thing I have ever slept on. It felt like sleeping on a board. I flipped over the covers & "the mattress" looked like only a box spring. I called the front desk to request a "more comfortable mattress" (a sign on the bed said this was possible) and they brought up a mattress topper a la college (one of those small foam things). I kid you not, my college dorm mattress was more comfortable. I'm not sure if hard mattresses are just standard for China or if Novotel was cutting corners, but it sucked. I may be spoiled from our foam mattress at home but this was beyond ridiculous.

Despite the mattress issue (which I'll just chock up to Chinese mattress standards) the breakfast and overall quality of our room and the gym makes this hotel 4 stars.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
pattyp537, Manager at Novotel Beijing Peace, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Beijing Peace.

We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and in the meantime, if I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Patty pang

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The entrance to the lobby gave good impression but the room did not measure upto the Novotel standards. More like cheap hotels, both from size and from decore perspective. Also, it is so inconvenient to reach the rooms since there are no direct lifts.
Unlikely to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Harish D
pattyp537, Manager at Novotel Beijing Peace, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the NOVOTEL Beijing Peace.

We were regret that our standard room not meet your expectation ,we apologize for all inconvenience caused by us. we hope we will have opportunity to welcome you back to experience our superior or premier room which located in main building in the future.

On the other hand ,We are pleased to read that the entrance of lobby were satisfying!. .It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern.

Patty Pang

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Room was good ( standard ) and clean, breakfast was the best we had on our whole trip and the bar area was smoke free, well staffed and a great view of the street so you can sit and watch the Beijing people go about their lives. The hotel was close to every thing we needed and the staff were frendly and spoke good english. The best and worst thing about our trip was I got very sick while staying in Beijing and the hotel staff were so helpful. My wife inquired at the desk about getting a doctor and the desk staff rang the SOS clinic for her, helped me down stairs, got a taxi and told him where to go and upon my return they catered for boiled eggs and toast. The cleaning staff knew I was sick and asked how I was and worked around me while doing thier job. Upon leaving I was asked by everyone how I was as these are genuine people. We returned for our last day in China and were upgraded to a superior room which was very well appointed and the staff just as frendly. We stayed at 2 other hotels in China in other cities but none compared to the Novotl peace

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigPete6969
li b, Manager at Novotel Beijing Peace, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for chosen the NOVOTEL Beijing Peace as your accommodation during your recent visit to Beijing and at same time taking the time to sharing your comments with others here.

We were delighted to read that your overall experience were satisfy! I will share your satisfaction with our team.
We all look forward to welcoming you again to NOVOTEL Beijing Peace.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

A great spot and in walking distance to Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. Shopping street close as well as the night markets. We booked a private car to visited the Great Wall at Mutianyu which is about 90 mins at a cost of 600 RMB. Hotel staff were great and very friendly. English well spoken so great for western travellers.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ropabull

Dear Guest

We all look forward to welcoming you again to NOVOTEL Beijing Peace.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had booked a superior room as I had read the standard were really low quality. The booking said "nice view over the city, rainfall shower, non-smoking". I arrive around midnight with 1 big luggage and 3 bags... 5 employees where at the reception, but NO ONE came to help me with the luggages... Bad start.
I say a nice NiHao (Hello in Chinese), the employees behind the counter continue to ignore me. Finally someone takes my reservation - no hello back, no smile... where is the french savoir vivre in hotel managment???

I end up being put in a room on the first floor, with a bath tube dating from the 70s, and with ashtrays all over the place - so much for the "Nice views, rainfall shower and non-smoking" booking I had made. Too tired to go back to the reception, I slep my first night in that room. Well, slept is a big word, since the bed was as hard as a rock. I woke up with a back pain.

So I went down to the recepetion and ask to speak to the managing director... panic on board! The head manager of the reception runs to me to ask what's worng - I explain him the mismatch with my booking. The guy tells me it's a superior room that I was given, but he can change my room for a upper floor without any problem.

The new room, is on the 15th floor, nice views, rainfall shower and non-smoking... Exactly what I ahd booked. And the bed has a real mattress - I will finally be able to sleep well.

Conclusion, they tried to give me an old room (70s, not remodeled), for the price of a superior room - the difference being 50%...

I also tried the spa and the pool is ridiculously small and not the standard of a Novotel.

The only positive about this hotel is it's central location to visit the Forbidden city and do some shopping. But there are many more hotels in that street that are far better quality for the same price (or cheaper). Don't bank on Novotel in Beijing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
pattyp537, Manager at Novotel Beijing Peace, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Guest
I would like to thank you for choosing the NOVOTEL Beijing Peace as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Beijing and at the same time sharing your comments with us.

It was with sincere regret that I noted your dissatisfaction with your experience in our hotel . Please allow me to express you our sincere apologizes for the inconvenience we have caused you.

At NOVOTEL, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.