“Excellent Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Beijing Peace

Novotel Beijing Peace
Ranked #58 of 5,937 Hotels in Beijing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Nottingham England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Location excellent within walking distance to the lovely shops and take your camera for the street food market you wouldn't believe what the Chinese eat on sticks. I will eat in our hotel thank you.
The rooms are spotless and lots of room beautiful bathroom and a very comfy bed.
The staff very helpful and cheerful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is my second time to Beijing in two years as I loved my trip last time and so I brought my family this time. We booked this hotel because there weren't many hotel that can offer triple room in Beijing and we were not disappointed. It is conveniently located in Wangfujing though it took us a while to find our way to this hotel from the subway coming from the airport, we soon figured it out. It is 5 minutes to Line 5 and about 10 minutes to Line 1 which is great as sights such as Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City is on Line 1 whereas Temple of Heaven and Yonghegong is on Line 5. it is also within walking distance to must-go dining places such as Dadong (peking duck) at Jinbao Plaza and Donglaishun near Donghuamen. Judging by the traffic outside the hotel, we didn't even bother taking a taxi which is just as well as the underground will take you to most places for RMB2 flat.

Now back to the hotel, we arrived late as our flight was delayed and we took a while trying to find the hotel from the subway station so our original room was gone. Anyhow, this only meant that we had to wait a bit for them to come set up the extra bed which was done in under 10 minutes from our check-in, so that was alright. We booked the room with breakfast and the breakfast was quite decent. The coffee was good and provided much needed caffeine every morning coupled with a good selection of tea. The second day we arrived, a cold front arrived and the temperature dropped more than 10 degrees from the day before so a hot bowl of rice noodle in the morning felt really great. The room was good sized as we were all still able to open our suitcases (though small because it's a short trip to Beijing) even with three beds in there, the only issue was that we couldn't access the sofas after the bed was out but otherwise it was alright.

The bathroom, hygiene, amenities etc... the bathroom was of a reasonable size and I for one was glad for the lack of bathtub as it means I won't have to climb in and out of that thing when all I only do showers anyway. But I can understand how this might be a problem for people who like taking baths. It was interesting how they changed our towels even when we hung them up for recycling but I am not complaining. As to hygiene, it was quite acceptable. Especially if you have stayed in other hotels in China, and there was no strange smell. One of the most common problem I have with hotels in China is the smell of cigarettes even when one is in a non-smoke room and I didn't have that problem this time so it's a plus. The wifi is, as mentioned by others, rather unreliable. For example, I was able to checked emails, stream live music etc with my cellphone while my brother, using his iphone, couldn't even check emails, let alone access his work computer remotely. I am not sure if it is a wifi issue or simple a network censor issue. But I have stayed at the other Novotel near Chongwenmen before and the wifi felt more stable there.

One thing I really wanted to mention separately is the view. Being in Wangfujing, this hotel is actually within walking distance to the Forbidden City, and even though it's a shame that there is another new hotel being built in front of this Novotel which somewhat obstructs the view, I found out that we were able to view the Forbidden City from our room when the weather improved. The far buildings with the yellow tile roof is the Forbidden City from the photo attached.

Will I return to this hotel again? If I am need a triple room, I will probably come back here again. If I am traveling by myself, then it's a toss-up between this and the other Novotel mentioned above.

Will I recommend this hotel to others? Yes, if you are not a strictly five-star big brand hotel type of person.

Room Tip: Pay for a room higher up if you are up for it, I think it's well worth it after reading some of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Vee Z
pattyp537, Manager at Novotel Beijing Peace, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Beijing Peace.

We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and in the meantime, if I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Patty pang
Resident Manager
Robbinsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were very satisfied with our room in Beijing. It is conveniently located for subway and major sites in Beijing. The only thing that was disapointing was the relatively weak WiFi signal in our room. The lobby was the only place to get a strong signal. Rest assurred we would recommend your hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

On arrivimg at the hotel I felt at ease immediatly, from the opening of the taxi door to the consideration to my luggage thru the reception and to my room. A totally effortless, on my part, and proffessional on the part of the hotel. I was made to feel relaxed right the way through the hotel from breakfast to bedtime. This was my first visit to Bejing and to this hotel, I have no hesitation to say I will visit both again and again. Thank you

Room Tip: Just tell the hotel your requirements and trust their experience and common sense
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The location of the hotel is very good.....nearby very good mall, mousque, and the best authentic chinese hotpot at the mall that too muslim food (Halal and no pork). The breakfast spread was excellent rooms were good got a good deal through a tour guide Maggie mob:+86 13521966567 she even took us to the Great Wall and other attractions......Air France crew stays there, the Spa is expensive.

Room Tip: not much of a difference from superior to premium room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business