3,006 results
All reviews subway station premier floor forbidden city chong wen men glory mall tour desk superior room executive floor excellent location non smoking walking distance convenient location the pearl tienanmen square buffet breakfast shopping mall airport express
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

My travel agent booked for us. Location was really convenient and subway is right outside. Several restaurants in the hotel itself. They were really good letting us check in at 10am. Luggage can be left. The gym is small and basic rooms clean and staff friendly.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Xinqiao_management, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Xinqiao Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Novotel Beijing Xinqiao as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Beijing and at the same time taking the time to sharing comments with others here.

It is always a pleasure to learn that our guest had a pleasant stay with us and we will share it with our team members.

Reviewed April 6, 2019

I have never seen such a shabby Novotel room, and on the premiere floor at it. The wall paper was peeling in many places, and the wooden furniture and surfaces were chipped and badly scratched. This is not a room I look forward to coming back at the end of a long day. The room was thankfully clean and the bed comfortable. The hotel cleaners are jovial and diligent, so are the porters who are fast and helpful.

Service on the premiere floor was polite but not effective. I told them that there was no heat in the room on the first morning at breakfast, and they told me to call maintenance myself when I was obviously going out. I asked about forbidden city tickets and they told me to check with concierge downstairs. They don't clear the table at breakfast or happy hour until you leave or if a manager happened to be around.

Food and drinks at the lounge was reasonable for a hotel of this class. However, I tried the Sauvignon Blanc one evening and found that it had already turned to vinegar. I saw a European guest took a sip and sent it back. I kept to canned drinks and coffee after that.

Unlike other Accor properties, WiFi had to be connected via a cumbersome system of entering the mobile number to wait for a code by SMS, which didn't come. When I inquired, I realised that the hotel has standard codes for guests which they could have provided at check in, which just adds to the very reactive nature of service here.

The biggest issue is heat. I got to know that the hotel's central heating has been switched off for scheduled maintenance over a period of more than a week. This is absolutely baffling, because the temperature at night in Beijing can be near freezing, even in spring. It was 2 degrees outside during the night of April 1 and there was no heat in the room. The hotel did not inform guests about it, and tried to pass it off when I inquired.

I had picked this hotel because of its location. It is walking distance to Tiananmen, Wangfujing, temple of heaven and more. There are a few good malls down the road too. But a shabby room, with shabby service and no heat on freezing nights?

Never-ever-coming-back.

Room tip: A good room is in a better hotel
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Xinqiao_management, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Xinqiao Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Beijing Xinqiao.

We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies. At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

It is with regretted that there are low points was below our and your standard and we can assure you that this is not the norm.

Your detailed comments are shared with the concerned managers and we will use them as a case study for our team members to analyze where the break downs of work and communication flows happened.

Reviewed April 6, 2019

Stayed for 4 Nights with my group have stayed there a few times., Location of this hotel is ideal for exploring Beijing , being a short walk to Tian an men Square and the Forbbiden City, Subway just out side hotel door, Plenty of Cheep eating places just out side, Staff very Help full and friendly , Breakfast and service very good, Rooms Quite nice and well appointed. Free wifi but slow to non existent.

Room tip: Outside facing rooms are the best, as other rooms face the atrium, Overlooking the Cafe and Bar erea
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

Affordable hotel in great location, chong wen men metro just infont of the hotel. Walking distance to shopping malls and wangfuqing street market.
The breakfast was just okey. Room was standard and clean. The frontdesk staff was helpful

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Reviewed March 30, 2019

I spent several days here with a tour group I was guiding around Beijing. At first glance this seems like a nice place but I had several bad experiences here.

Almost all of my group members got locked out of there rooms because their key cards didn't work anymore. Housekeeping will tell you that you need to walk down to the reception to have it activated again. I have lost a lot of precious time because my group had to go to their rooms twice and wait in line at th reception desk. I have had this happen to me even twice in 3 days. The response of the manager? 'It's a very old door lock system ... we should have it replaced'.

When the Beijing weather dipped between 10 degrees at the end of March I discover on a day I was working in my room that the heating didn't work. The response of the manager? 'It will be turned on at 8 PM, nothing we can do for you now. We can change your room or give you an extra quilt'. I explained that I didn't want to sleep and had to work. They blamed it on government policy.

In the lobby they use a very putrent perfume or cleaning chemical that smells like vomit. And the breakfast area is so overcrowded with tourists in the morning that I decided to get some breakfast at the bakery next door instead.

All in all, definitely not a hotel I will take my customers to again.

Room tip: Get a room in the A wing. B wing seems to have most problems.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Xinqiao_management, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Xinqiao Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

It is with regretted to read that there are many low points was below our and your standard and we can assure you that this is not the norm.

Once again, I really appreciate all your comments and it certainly will be great help to make the facility upgrade. We look forward that you give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future and we promise your next visit will be much more pleasant than the previous one.