“Relatively comfortable stay”

Boyue Beijing Hotel
Ranked #126 of 6,448 Hotels in Beijing
“Relatively comfortable stay”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a week on a package tour. Relatively comfortable room and facilities. Breakfast selection is limited but tasty. Very good service provided by hotel staff. Excellent location as well. Eateries available outside of hotel but dont expect late night shopping or activities.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Boyue Beijing hotel leaves a very good memory for us during our recent stay ...our room spacious and well maintained . Breakfast spread nice with wide varieties .
The service staff at front desk and resturant all pleasant and helpful at all times ...
Should we come back to Beijing again , will like to stay here again :)
Hotel location convenient as well .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Boyue hotel is a good hotel, neat rooms with enough space. The breakfast spread was also nice. I stayed only for a night but it was comfortable and seemed value for money. Would recommend this to others needing to stay around this area

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Boyue Beijing H, Public Relations Manager at Boyue Beijing Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We'll continuously work hard to keep the momentum and make sure you enjoy the good experience on your next visit. We are delighted that our service found your appreciation.We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Hong Kong
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed at this hotel as it was within walking distance of my business meetings. Happy choice. From the outside, the hotel looks like an office building (glass/aluminium curtain wall etc.) but inside it functions well and rooms are laid out so as to be convenient to the elevators. I must comment on the honesty of staff ... I inadvertently left my credit card at reception during check-in, the staff having swiped for incidentals. Within a few minutes the front desk manager had personally delivered the card to my room in a sealed envelope. Very much appreciated. Upon entering my room there was an unusual aroma, much like perished rubber (may be the carpet underlay?) and it didn't really go away, but not too much to be concerned about. But may be a sign that renovation is becoming necessary. I didn't use the f&b outlets, but across the road there's a KFC, Yoshinoya and Dairy Queen or a Starbucks next door if you need a top-up. Room and bathroom were fine. Overall, I don't think this hotel stacks up to the Renaissance standard in terms of the building and decoration, however the staff are up to standard and that makes up for it. Transport to/from the hotel is ok and it is well positioned for transport both into the city and to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Boyue Beijing H, Manager at Boyue Beijing Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 19, 2013

In the hectic swirl of Beijing it's vital to find a "home away from home". Make yours the Marriot Renaissance Chaoyang hotel. The rooms are superb, the food a variety of great tastes and a staff that is just plain wonderful. Relax in the 24th floor lounge and you will know what I mean. Truly a nice place to relax and unwind. Enjoy!
Sean OBoyle
One Happy Visitor

1 Thank Sean O
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I just left the hotel with guilt. What did I decide to leave this hotel only two hours after checking in? The first time ever I have done so!! As some reviewers have mentioned -- the room is smelly! The soundproof is poor -- I could hear the guests next room chatting and the traffic outside the building. You can tell the hotel is poor maintained. The front desk staff also tried to show me two other rooms but the smell was even worse in those rooms! When I asked the staff here about the smell, she told me that many guests have already complained about it and the hotel would not do anything because Renaissance (or Marriott) will withdraw from this hotel at the end of December 2013. That means, starting from January 2014, this hotel will be run by Air Chair, as the hotel's Chinese name suggests. So, at this moment, the management would not bother to do anything which means it is guests who will pay to suffer!!
Why did I feel guilty? All the staff were so friendly and helpful -- from the bell stand, to the front desk, to the elevator staff providing instructions in using the elevator, and to the house keeping staff!! I was very grateful that, even though the hotel management is idle, all the staff are still doing their duties to provide best services to compensate for the poor facilities and smelly rooms in the hotel. The management should reward all the hard-working staff!!
When I was about to leave this hotel after checking out, I asked one of the staff if they will stay in other Renaissance. She said may be. I really hope these wonderful people can continue their quality services for different Marriott/Renaissance hotels in Beijing because it is these people that bring values to the hotel!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. All the hotel rooms are smelly!!
1 Thank margarita_red2006
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I travel a lot for business and actually rarely give reviews as I am normally very tolerant of 'issues' in China, but this one was just more than one could handle. Be warned!
I have stayed at Marriott brand properties before so would expect the 'Renaissance' to be a step above the others. I was disappointed. Not only is the property old but poorly maintained. The towels smell funny and I found roach in my room the first night!
My thermostat was broken in my room so it was always too hot and I would have to turn it off completely in order to get it at the right temperature. This is in the middle of a Beijing Winter.
Further, the acoustics are bad. I thought it was because I was in a connecting room so could hear my neighbors ( clearly) through the door. However, the next day I also heard the TV from the other side which was a solid wall.
I am a swimmer, so I used the hotel pool. That at least was clean, but it is extremely small and I did one length in less than a minute. It feels like you're swimming in a fountain ( literally, take a look at the hotel website's photo)
So that's the property. But the hotel food service staff is also poorly trained. Room service does not smile, greet you, or thank you. Buffet servers clear your table without asking if you're finished ( which I wasn't) and they hand you silverware with their bare hands--which you know they're also clearing dirty dishes with!! My coffee smelled like detergent on the first day--which might even mean even more problems BOH with operations.
The only + of this stay would be that the buffet staff is so incompetent they forgot to record one of my two breakfast buffets so I guess I got my coffee with detergent residue coffee for free.

Room Tip: Make sure it's not a room with a connecting door.
1 Thank Fonting