“gary wakatsuki - great service”

Boyue Beijing Hotel
Ranked #156 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I travel to Beijing every month and always stay at this hotel. Over the years this has become my "home away from home" primarily because of the consistent, excellent and friendly service offered by the staff - especially in the club lounge. The hotel is older than some of the other hotels I stay at but the facilities are reasonably well maintained. But again, what keeps me coming back is the service I can count on in the club lounge. Special kudos to club supervisors Amy Dong Yeah and Cherry Liu - fabulous role models for great Marriott service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Renaissance_Chaoyang, Public Relations Manager at Boyue Beijing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear gary w,

Thank you for your ongoing support and recommending Renaissance Beijing Chaoyang Hotel on Tripadvisor. We deeply appreciate you highly recognized our service and praised our staffs as role models for great Marriott service.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continuous loyalty to our property and look forward to welcome back in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here recently to meet up with some friends traveling from Australia.

This was the very first Renaissance that opened in Beijing, so it’s an older property, but you can see that they have been doing a good job of maintaining the building. Rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and has all the normal amenities that hotels offer.

The location is fantastic: just north-east of the third ring road, within walking distance to the Liangmaqiao Metro station, around the corner from Chaoyang Park, close to Ladies Street and a 20rmb taxi ride to Sanlitun.

The hotel has a gym, indoor pool and executive lounge which offers breakfast in the mornings and cocktails in the evening.

Very friendly service with special mention to Chuck, Cherry and Bruce for helping me with everything I needed. I had to get a taxi at 3am which was then organized through Concierge without any trouble.

I generally try to avoid the traffic in Beijing and therefore use the subway as much as I can when I’m there. If you’re brave enough, you should try. It’s not too difficult and very budget-friendly, only 2rmb per ride no matter where you are going... you can even get to the Summer Palace by train :o)

I gave 4 stars only for the age of the building, but the location and service was well above 5!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear AnnPerth,

Thank you for your choosing Renaissance Beijing Chaoyang Hotel. We are truly appreciative as your complimentary review on our hotel’s convenient location and helpful staffs. It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

First, the Pros:
- close to embassies and Sanlitun Village (cab ride away). Cabs are cheap in Beijing, so no problem getting anywhere. There was also a bike rental station right outside the hotel.
- comfortable bed.
- decent breakfast buffet with a selection of chinese and western. staff at breakfast room remembers my room number, which is good.
- good sized gym with lots of machines.
- nice lounge on the ground floor.
- concierge very helpful with dinner reservations and instrux for cab drivers.

The negatives:
- bad musty odor in the bathroom shower stall.
- the airconditioning does not work (they told us to open the windows...are you serious? with the air quality in Beijing? They gave us a fan instead.) - I travel a lot and never had problems with central air cond.
- my friend in another room, has his ipad stolen from his room. Hotel did nothing about it. Granted, I would not leave my ipad on the room desk (my friend's fault really), but beware of dishonest staff there.

2  Thank pammyvancouver
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I recently stayed here as part of a one week business trip to Beijing and surrounding areas. From the moment I stepped out of the taxi I was greeted by the doorman, concierge and then the front desk. I was not allowed to touch my bags until they were delivered to the room. What a relief after a 13 hour airplane ride. Upon unpacking my bags, I realized that I left my iPhone charger at home. I asked Daisy, the concierge lounge manager, where I could purchase a cord and she took the time to write my request in Chinese on a card for me to give to a taxi driver. In the meantime, Michael Seow, the General Manager, was in the lounge and heard my problem. He gave me his personal cord and told me to keep it as long as I needed it!

As far as accommodations go... the room was very spacious and clean. Each night during the turn-down service, hotel slippers were placed at the side of the bed. What a touch!

The best part of the stay, by far, is the concierge lounge. The ladies that service the lounge are top notch! The food is always fresh, drinks are ready every night, they cater to every need or request that you may have. My special thanks go to Daisy, Vicky, Violet, Rachel and Cherry. Keep up the good work!

I never took breakfast or dinner downstairs. Breakfast every morning was in the lounge. However, there is a great restaurant across the street for dinner... the Bellagio. It is very comfortable and with a huge menu selection. A must go to place.

I have a choice where I stay, and on my next visit to Beijing I will stay at the Renaissance again!.

1  Thank RemitnceMn18
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were recently part of a tour which stayed at the Renaissance Beijing. Our friends in the tour group had a leaking bathtub so their bath floor was always wet and slippery. Their air conditioning did not work and the hotel would not move them to a different room. Our AC also did not work and I was told to open the window - which meant standing on a chair, and then on a ledge to open a small window at the top. There was a lot of pollution, so "fresh" air was not a good option. The staff did little to accommodate our group of 26 people.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are reasonable size, but mine did not seem totally clean and fresh (musty smell). Breakfast was good mix of international and Asian. Hotel is near some good eating spots.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Hotel is located in the heart of the city and has all the desired amenities - restaurant, café, fitness center, pool, laundry services, etc. Staff is very welcoming and accommodating. Meals outside of hotel are readily accessible across the street and meals very inexpensive and delicious.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple