“Near the US, French, German and Israeli Embassies”

Boyue Beijing Hotel
Ranked #126 of 6,449 Hotels in Beijing
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Near the US, French, German and Israeli Embassies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've been here for over a week now and held a small event (50 or so people) here last weekend. The rooms are great, the staff is- for the most part- incredibly professional, breakfast is great but there are no real vegetarian options outside of breakfast. Room service is seriously lacking and the hotel is a little far from decent restaurants and is a 7-10 min walk from the ditie (subway)... wish it were a bit closer to things.

Room Tip: There are probably comparable hotels closer to the ditie but if you get a good deal that includes br...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AdinaLav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cupertino, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed a week in business trip, overall very satisfied. Hotel is not as huge as many here and not as fancy in public areas as the other Renaissance a few miles south.

However, service was excellent and personal, concierge at door greeted me by name every time I came in. Public areas clean and neat, lots of smiles.

I had a two room suite which was clean if bit older feeling, similar in layout as Embassy Suites tend to be. Everything worked.

Gym is not big but serviceable with standard treadmills, cycles and ellipticals, plus a couple of machines and a bench and set of free weights. Pool is a nice-looking shortish lap pool.

Downstairs breakfast buffet was up to par, with typical Asian and American options including made to order omelettes. Excellent coffee.

Note on room rates: my Asia team got a rate that was one third of the rate my corporate travel agent in US got, so you may want to shop around for best rate.

• Stayed March 2013
Beijing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have had the pleasure to stay at the Renaissance Hotel for over one month. I have found the staff to be very nice, and extremely helpful with everything.

I have found that the service in the Executive Lounge to be especially great. The club level manager Daisy and her staff Nancy,Amy,Eileen, Violet, and Cherry have made me feel at home, and alwasy catered to my every need.

I would not pick any other hotel to stay at other than Renaissance Chaoyang in Beijing,

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I arrived at this hotel after 10 pm on a cold winter evening. We had been driven there by a less than pleasant cab driver, from the Beijing Capital International Airport. Our whole attitude changed about the city by the very warm welcome we were given by the doorman and his associates. We were led into to lobby, where Catherine Li at the front welcomed us and took care of our every question. We requested an upgrade to a “Club Level” room. The room we were given was wonderful and had a great view of the city.

The next morning we went to the lounge where we had a wonderful breakfast and were attended to be two very wonderful staff members. We them went down to the lobby where the Concierge the night before had arranged for a cab to be with us all day to take us touring. Their arrangement was just what we had hoped for. The cab driver the hotel arranged for us was truly the opposite from what we had experienced coming from the airport.

After a full day of touring we arrived back at this hotel and were again greeted at our cab by the wonderful staff. We were asked many questions about our day and if everything suitable with their arrangements for our day. After a brief visit to our room we went to the lounge and had drinks and a very nice light meal. It was here we met Timothy Kwok the Front Office Manager. He was so engaging and continued the attitude of “How Can We Help You” that we found so wonderful.

The next day we again enjoyed a very nice breakfast in the lounge and at Timothy’s suggestion went to visit a Hutong in the lake district of Beijing. He then told us how to negotiate for items at the Silk Street Market. Giving us price points proved very helpful. After another full day, were again greeted upon our return by the staff and asked how everything went and were we satisfied with everything. Because a late checkout had been arranged we were able to go to an early dinner before our departure back home.

Even though the location of this hotel was not the very best in the city, on our next trip to Beijing, we will definitely stay at this property because of the wonderful staff. They are service oriented and will do anything to make your stay in this city pleasant.

Room Tip: Get one of the "Club Level Rooms" if you can
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed in this place for 5 nights and had mixed feelings about my stay.
On the one hand, the hotel has all the required elments for being a 5-star business hotel, but on the other hand - as an international traveller - one has to notice gaps in the expected service level.

While the rooms are roomy and comfortable, in my case, they turned the bed down only 1 out of 5 nights. Not that important, I agree. More annoyingly, the kitchen in the downstairs' bar forgot my order for a small lunch twice in a row (on two different days). And that was while I was the only person in the room!

While I never had difficulties to get myself understood with English, I sometimes did not reach a concierge when I needed one and, instead, received unsatisfactory information by his back-up.

One further minus point: the gym is outdated with old equipment that is standing much too close upon each other.

I will most probably not return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

An excellent hotel in a good location. Breakfast buffet was very good and gave a great start to the day. Staff were very helpful and courteous, though restaurant staff were not very good in English. Front office staff were good in English, very courteous and very helpful in directing us to outside restaurants and shopping areas.
The room service and the housekeeping were also very prompt and responded quickly to our requirements.

Room Tip: Insist on non-smoking room if that is your preference
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank yusufjeevunjee
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My no.1 preferred hotel in beijing. I spent around 40 stays in this hotel last year. The reason I kept coming back... and also their secret I believe is their staff's hospitality. Although the location might be the drawback, the staff's sincerity are all in their smiles (you know you can feel it), and how thoughtful they think as on my standing points. I enjoyed talking to them ... both funny and helpful. think I will keep staying with them for business trips in beijing.

• Stayed January 2013