“The Staff Is The Best”

Ranked #131 of 6,473 Hotels in Beijing
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“The Staff Is The Best”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I arrived at this hotel after 10 pm on a cold winter evening. We had been driven there by a less than pleasant cab driver, from the Beijing Capital International Airport. Our whole attitude changed about the city by the very warm welcome we were given by the doorman and his associates. We were led into to lobby, where Catherine Li at the front welcomed us and took care of our every question. We requested an upgrade to a “Club Level” room. The room we were given was wonderful and had a great view of the city.

The next morning we went to the lounge where we had a wonderful breakfast and were attended to be two very wonderful staff members. We them went down to the lobby where the Concierge the night before had arranged for a cab to be with us all day to take us touring. Their arrangement was just what we had hoped for. The cab driver the hotel arranged for us was truly the opposite from what we had experienced coming from the airport.

After a full day of touring we arrived back at this hotel and were again greeted at our cab by the wonderful staff. We were asked many questions about our day and if everything suitable with their arrangements for our day. After a brief visit to our room we went to the lounge and had drinks and a very nice light meal. It was here we met Timothy Kwok the Front Office Manager. He was so engaging and continued the attitude of “How Can We Help You” that we found so wonderful.

The next day we again enjoyed a very nice breakfast in the lounge and at Timothy’s suggestion went to visit a Hutong in the lake district of Beijing. He then told us how to negotiate for items at the Silk Street Market. Giving us price points proved very helpful. After another full day, were again greeted upon our return by the staff and asked how everything went and were we satisfied with everything. Because a late checkout had been arranged we were able to go to an early dinner before our departure back home.

Even though the location of this hotel was not the very best in the city, on our next trip to Beijing, we will definitely stay at this property because of the wonderful staff. They are service oriented and will do anything to make your stay in this city pleasant.

Room Tip: Get one of the "Club Level Rooms" if you can
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed in this place for 5 nights and had mixed feelings about my stay.
On the one hand, the hotel has all the required elments for being a 5-star business hotel, but on the other hand - as an international traveller - one has to notice gaps in the expected service level.

While the rooms are roomy and comfortable, in my case, they turned the bed down only 1 out of 5 nights. Not that important, I agree. More annoyingly, the kitchen in the downstairs' bar forgot my order for a small lunch twice in a row (on two different days). And that was while I was the only person in the room!

While I never had difficulties to get myself understood with English, I sometimes did not reach a concierge when I needed one and, instead, received unsatisfactory information by his back-up.

One further minus point: the gym is outdated with old equipment that is standing much too close upon each other.

I will most probably not return.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed January 27, 2013

An excellent hotel in a good location. Breakfast buffet was very good and gave a great start to the day. Staff were very helpful and courteous, though restaurant staff were not very good in English. Front office staff were good in English, very courteous and very helpful in directing us to outside restaurants and shopping areas.
The room service and the housekeeping were also very prompt and responded quickly to our requirements.

Room Tip: Insist on non-smoking room if that is your preference
1 Thank yusufjeevunjee
Shanghai, China
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My no.1 preferred hotel in beijing. I spent around 40 stays in this hotel last year. The reason I kept coming back... and also their secret I believe is their staff's hospitality. Although the location might be the drawback, the staff's sincerity are all in their smiles (you know you can feel it), and how thoughtful they think as on my standing points. I enjoyed talking to them ... both funny and helpful. think I will keep staying with them for business trips in beijing.

• Stayed January 2013
Trinidad
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I will be staying in this hotel for the next 2 months.So yes,it's home for now.

The service is great,!

The staff is willing to help with every question or anything we need help with.
The executive club is always inviting and one can easily get quite spoilt with so many ladies willing to fulfill your every need.

The buffet breakfast in the club covers everything you can want for breakfast and so is the buffet breakfast on the first floor,which is quite extensive and more looks like a sunday brunch,but is served everyday.

We are staying in one of the suites,which has a living room,one bathroom and a king bedroom.It's quite spacious and you dont feel confined to a small room.
Toiletries are replenished everyday and it's good quality stuff.

As for the location,it's quite close to the Sanlitun area-only 12RMB by taxi.Also the hotel is on a pedestrian friendly street with quite a few good restaurants,a KFC and small convenience shops and pharmacies.So all in all,it'w well situated to meet all your needs.

i have not yet walked to the subway station,which I was told is about 10minutes away.

The gym is well organized and clean towels and bottled water are supplied for free.
There is a large heated indoor pool,which looks very inviting,but I have not yet tried it.

With it's great location and super duper friendly and helpful staff,what else could one ask for.

Room Tip: I am on the 5th floor,in a non-smoking suite.The room meets our needs and the bed is very comfortabl...
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We arrived early in the morning (1 am) for a one night stay prior to our international connection that evening. The staff was incredibly helpful and proactive and their English was excellent. The room was comfortable and warm (which was welcome since it was near freezing outside) and the breakfast in the Executive Lounge was good. The staff was helpful in getting taxis and no taxi had a problem finding it - just remember to ask for a card from the hotel that has the address in Chinese.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had stayed there for 5 nights. Everyday my room is being make up while we are out on tours. Showers are hot especially when we need it very badly during winter. Breakfast are reasonable. Rooms are spacious and beds are soft. Train stations are quite far but lots of restaurant just opposite the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple