“Clean and Convenient...if a little dated”

Boyue Beijing Hotel
Ranked #135 of 6,550 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights in Sept for business. The location is pretty good for business, not as crowded so easier to get a cab etc as others have mentioned. The staff is VERY helpful and english is not a problem. I would recommend getting access to the Exec Club for breakfast/happy hour etc. The bar is a little on the expensive side, and was dead every night I was there. You will need to go out to find any nightlife if that is was you are looking for. The rooms are very clean, and spacious but the decor (at least on the 8th floor) was dated and the couch/chair was very old. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was fairly large. I might try somewhere a little newer next time I am in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here for a couple nights at the end of last year. Good hotel, warm staff, and great services. The hotel is located at just outside of the north 3rd ring Rd, in the new embassy district, it is also just a few buildings away from the Beijing Marriott Northeast (separate review). You may see my other review for the location and transportation to the hotel.

The hotel is part of the Air China International building, is a bit old compared to the Marriott Northeast, but the services are good. Checkin was fast, and warm, they addressed me in my name, and welcome me to the hotel (I am Marriott Gold). I was upgraded to a very nice and big, comfortable suite. The breakfast was great, many items to choose from both Chinese and western. There was an executive lounge in the hotel, services there was great.

I tried the restaurant for dinner (not sure how many restaurants they have), it was in Chowzhou (Cantonese) style, the goose dish was very delicious, the price was OK, not too expensive.

Since the hotel is close to the airport express, and airport highway, it is not a bad choice if you want to stay close to the airport, for a night or catch an early morning flight. Cathay Pacific Airways also uses this hotel for their crew stay in Beijing.

Compared to the other Renaissance hotel in Beijing, I like this hotel more, although it is a bit older building.

Room Tip: This hotel is also considered in the CBD area, a bit off the center, it is not too bad to get around...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NYCha
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The thing I love about this hotel is the peace and quiet and privacy you get. Its a Good quality Renaissance all round, but small and friendly. I have stayed here a few times over the past 10 years and have never been let down. Lovely small bar, usual restaurant, good sized Gym and a pool to get a quick dip. Located pretty well with an underground station just 5 mins walk away. The Club lounge was fine with a good selection of drink and food and its only a 3 min taxi drive to "Bar Street"
If your looking for Marriott quality without the glitz of the big Asian hotels, this is the place, AND its only 60RMB taxi back to the Airport from here.

Room Tip: All Rooms are Good - some are Random shaped which was nice and a break from the norm
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Phil499485
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here for three nights during a whirlwind business trip, and found the overall experience to be very nice. The hotel staff were exceptionally polite, and most were very capable English speakers.

My room was large, clean and well-appointed. I feel like the hotel probably had an air filtration system for the rooms because I always looked forward to coming back to the (comparitively) fresh air in my room after being out in the Beijing smog all day.

The hotel food (I ordered room service and ate at the in-house restaurant) was mediocre and overpriced compared to the impressive offerings available nearby. The only exception to this was the nice complementary breakfast that featured a mix of traditional and Western-style buffet offerings. I'd highly recommend Chengdu XiaoChi around the corner as a delightful and extremely inexpensive lunch alternative, and the highly touted (but much pricier) Bellagio across the street for dinner.

Getting into the heart of the city by taxi was a bit time consuming, but if your business is solely in the Embassy district, this is a great place to stay. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Isaac P
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband traveled here on business, so I accompanied him. The hotel is located in the business section of Beijing (from what I was told it is an expensive part of the city to live), it is safe and has some restaurants and shops, but mostly business. However, taxis and the subway are easily attainable from here. If I were traveling for pleasure then I wouldn't have chosen this location. Therefore, I'm so happy that we had to stay near my husband's office, and it was chosen for me! This area was not as congested as some of the touristy areas we traveled to. It was still hectic (I didn't see a part of Beijing that wasn't), but as soon as we walked onto the property of the Renaissance we were at ease and relaxed.

The service! Wow - we didn't want for anything. They spoke great english (a real bonus in Beijing) and they went out of their way to accommodate us. We stayed on the conceirge level and really appreciated the lounge. We had breakfast there every day and had such a nice time there at the end of a busy day of sightseeing that we often didn't venture outside for dinner. They arranged all of our massages, taxis and tours for us - and sent us off with note cards to give the taxi drivers. The room was enormous and well-appointed. The fitness area and pool were more than sufficient and (again) staffed with uber professional personnel. I absolutely loved staying in this hotel and looked forward to unwinding here each night! Unfortunately, I have no plans to ever return to China to experience this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank NikiF
Reviewed August 3, 2012

hotel decor is outdated, not as sparkling new as the other Renaissance properties in Beijing. But you cannot beat this hotel for location - it is located at a less congested area of Beijing, therefore one can get taxi fairly easilyl in the morning rush hour to get to meetings - one huge relief for business travellers. the staff are the best I've met, tried really hard to make guests happy.
I often choose to stay there even though it may be further from where I want to - however, the fact that I can get taxi in the morning really takes away the stress
Beware that PEK airport taxi drivers may not be happy picking you up - the hotel is closer to PEK than most other business hotels. I always offered to speak to Taxi Monitor so the driver can get a 'jump-the-queue' pass in his return trip to PEK

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank caroline_chan
Reviewed July 30, 2012

They have the best hotel staff, everyone is very friendly. I have stayed at this hotel whenever I come to Beijing. They are always going over and beyond to help us with our special needs. I know many staff personally: Daisy, Candy, Cherry, Amy, Eileen(Xuxu), Violet. This hotel is close airport, and inside Beijing Embassy area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business