“Great hotel for long stays!”

Boyue Beijing Hotel
Ranked #155 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for 30 days on a business trip, and all the staff was great even if all if them didn't understand english that well, thye would find someone who did to help you.
All the staff in Club lounge are great, after the first week they knew what tea and breakfast I prefered, and I had it on my table without even asking. They were also great with helping me to arrange trips. My room was spacious enough, and I loved the huge bed!

Room Tip: Ask for s street facing room, it has nice views of Beijing at night
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance Beijing twice - for six days in May 2011 and five days in June 2011 and was really pleased with the experience. The rooms were nice, the service excellent and I had no complaints during my visit. To be fair, I did not have lunch or dinner at the restaurant.
Free internet if you are a Marriott Rewards member. No? Enroll on-line before you travel to China.
A nice advantage is that the hotel is just off the 3rd ring road and is a quick ride to and from the airport. Be sure to take directions to whatever hotel you are using (in Chinese) because the taxi drivers sometimes say they have not clue where to go. Ripping off tourists is common. A taxi from the airport to the hotel reviews is about 70 rnb.
Have a great trip!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank SilverLlama
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Stayed here recently for a night.

While the hotel is fine, its certainly nothing special. I think other folks' reviews have nailed some of the key points:
- The room itself was spacious and well appointed, though it showed some age. It was pretty clean, but not spotless. I didn't, for example, take a bath, just because I had an "eh" feeling about how well it would have been cleaned.
- There's a funky odor in the hallways that permeates the room. Honestly, its almost urine-smelling, which is pretty offputting.
- The restaurant was ok, but again, nothing special. Walk across the street and eat at Kro's if you want western, or Bellagio.
- The bar is equally "eh" and service was weak.
- Like most Marriott's, you have to pay for internet (which is ridiculous) and there's no wifi.

Bottom line is that its one of the weakest Marriott properties I've stayed at in China, and you can absolutely do better in Beijing. Unless you were hellbent on being in that particular area, I really don't think I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrHao
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I was here last week in March. I had a big, nice room and free access to the excutive room (free food and beer). Lounge has nightly entetainment but not too many people there. If you miss American food like myself, the Crow's nest across the street has decent pizza. The pool is very nice and the gym is decent.

When visiting the markets always remember to negoiate the price a lot lower!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights for a conference which was also held in the hotel. Since I am a Marriott Rewards Gold Elite member, they automatically upgraded me to a spacious 2 room suite, well equipped but the furnishings were aging, especially the work chair was too low to be comfortable. The bed was comfortable and linens were good, though.

Breakfast in the hotel was decent in both selection and quality. The restaurant is small for the size of hotel so it was crowded during peak breakfast hours. The buffet food served during the conference was bad though, with stale breads and bland, uninteresting selections. Across the street from the hotel is a strip of local restaurants and Chinese fast food noodle shops.

The fitness center was reasonably sized, with a selection of machines that were somewhat dated but still in good working condition. A bigger issue is that there are only 2 elevators serving all 12 floors of this hotel, so sometimes there was a long wait to get downstairs. Service was pleasant and professional.

Overall, not a bad hotel, but the Hilton Beijing down the street is newer, more stylish, and an overall better experience for the same price.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2011

The rooms are big and spacious. It offers complimentary continental breakfast. The internet is paid service which made life miserable. The place is located in one of the main street where many restaurant are there. There is one German beer bar 2 km from the place. KFC is hardly 500 m from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I booked this hotel on the last minute, so the wife and I could meet up while I was in her neck of the woods for business. I saw what I thought was a great rate and thought to give Renaissance a try - even though we are lifelong Hilton members. I am also a Marriott member but have never stayed in one in China. Needless to say from my title, I should have come here to T.A. first - and I would have avoided the hotel.

It looks nice from the outside and the lobby is attractive (with somewhat of a boutique feel), as are the dated rooms. But what makes this hotel in the bottom tier is the service or lack thereof. Imagine this - I just took a long haul flight from the United States, arrived around midnight. I had confirmed with Marriott International (via email) that if there was a room available - the hotel would allow us early checkin (and not have to pay for what would be a 'half night'). I had mentioned this numerous times to the hotel itself, as they had arranged a hotel transfer car for us and communicated this via email. I mentioned numerous times the time of my arrival and that I had arranged with M.I. to not have an 'extra' day added to my reservation.

Guess what? Renaissance Chaoyang went ahead and added the extra day anyways. I was extremely upset, 1am in the morning - tired, and they had rooms available in my booking class (executive club by the way); that they were NOT going to honour what Marriott International had promised. I even spoke to the duty manager (who I admit, did his best as he was thrown into this by his colleague who is the real instigator). He offered us an early checkin of 6am (5 hours after we had arrived) - which we would wait in the lobby?? until the 5 hours had passed. .....

I ended up negotiating a 'better' room/suite for the extra day charge as well as no charge for internet. In retrospect, I should have also had them throw in a meal for free. The room just so happened to be the same room we would have normally gotten anyways for the rate I had paid. ... (ANGRY!!!!!!!)

The run-around and the lack of competence (bless his heart, he tried his best) of the staff and management and the diception, as well as rather inhospitible service staff - makes me rank this hotel very very low, at the bottom of all hotels I have ever stayed. This is sad, that a Marriott hotel would not follow Marriott policy, and especially to an elite member such as I who just traveled 17 hours international at the dead of the night (but into the next day).

There were highlights that I should mention, however. Our maid was a pleasure and very humble and obviously not from the mainstream of the hotel. I offered her some Lindor Truffles I had brought (a ton) with me to the wife. The maid was thrilled and very appreciative, and it looked like nobody ever did anything nice for her hard work.

The bed, was amazing - and well kept due to the maid. Also the appointments of the junior suite, which itself was rather dated - was nice and we were able to eventually relax and try to enjoy the stay.

There was a refrigerator that came in handy (but no microwave) and the bathroom was typical 5-star'ish with separate tub and shower - but quite small from our experience.

Those are the only positive points I can give the hotel. Negatives abund, from the front desk staff (all incompetent, and took a SIGNIFICANT amount of time to checkout despite my doing an 'express' checkout from my room not to mention the aformentioned checkin snaffu), the executive lounge (which looked nice enough but the staff - again, horrible; the food, even worse), the 'concierge (who at first told my wife they will not assist us in assessing shipping options - then I called and made them do their job. ....), the overall tone of the hotel itself - not very welcoming, not very hospitable, not very accommodating.

Needless to say, i will NEVER stay in a Renaissance Hotel in China again. That may also bode for Marriott too, but my experiences stateside/canada and Japan make me believe this horrible experience/service might be isolated to China (and perhaps Beijing). Hilton for us in China, from now on!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business