“Just like Chipotle's”
Review of Avocado Tree - CLOSED

Avocado Tree
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This local fast-food restaurant bears an uncanny resemblance to US Tex-Mex chain Chipotle. The food is good, though the owner, a young Canadian fresh from uni, is still working through the Dekinks, most obviously a lack of pork products on the menu. Avocado Tree has attracted a hungry international college crowd that’s homesick for wraps, chips and fresh, chunky guacamole, but – as the menu shows – they plan to add teriyaki chicken and rice, and other Asian dishes to their roster in coming months
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Just like Chipotle's”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We ate at the Beijing location. This food tasted just like Chipotle's. It was so good to have something that tasted like home. It is China, so I don't know much about the quality of the ingredients being used... but it tasted good.

• Visited September 2013

OH
“at least 3 locations in Beijing”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I didn't realize there was 3 locations, there is a location by the Gateway Building on the 3rd Ring in the NE side of Beijing, the one mentioned here and a location in Pinnacle Plaza in Shunyi. I went to the Pinnacle Plaza location after my husband raved about the location in NE Beijing being so close to Chipotle in the States. I was so underwhelmed. Our meat was disgustingly fatty, the rice was dry and everything I wanted on my burrito was "extra" charge. This place is no where close to as good as Chipotle, and refuse to go back. Even my husband agreed that is wasn't good. Sounds like from the other review I'm not the only one never going back.

• Visited November 2012
Beijing, China
“Server denies worm/leach in lettuce”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

While I'm not even sure if the Haidian location still exists, it does not really matter as this small chain is likely operated by the same party. In any case, my experience occurred last night at the Pinnacle Plaza location in Shunyi. After a tradeshow decided to take my client for a quick burrito. As we watched them add all the fixings he noticed something moving on the lettuce. When I told the server he picked it off and threw it quickly on the ground and said it was part of a tomato. Then we noticed another movement and he handed me the bin of shredded lettuce. Sure enough a leech-like worm crawling all over the lettuce. The server then walked in the back and would not come out. Young Chinese guy who did not know what to do. The other two gentlemen in our group had already eaten through half of their meals at this point but we picked up and walked out without paying. Unfortunately this will be my third and last visit to the Avocado Tree. Unbelievable to me that it happened and that the guy tried to deny it!

1 Thank asiandave
Massachusetts
“"Chipotle-style" burritos in Beijing? Great find! 油梨树”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

If you are anywhere near Wudaokou Station, take a short walk to this gem. Especially if you are hankering for some "Chipotle-style" Mexican food that is so easy to find in the USA. Anywhere from 25-50 rmb per-person. No seating and NO smoking.

On the #13 line near Tsinghua University.

Big burritos and fresh guacamole. Everything feels and tastes fresh. Even real tortilla chips!

PS. Get in line for the date cake on the corner a few door down heading West. You will NOT be sorry.

PSS. There is always a line for the date cake, but just do it. Trust me.

• Visited April 2012