“Sonia is a very honest and reliable person.Her trip is a interesting and really safe”
Review of China Travellers

China Travellers
Ranked #22 of 134 Outdoor Activities in Beijing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A happy vacation is not just a destination, but also the people you meet along the way. China Travellers is your reliable local friend in China. We organize Great Wall hiking, trekking and camping: stepping off the beaten trail to witness the remote, historic and unspoiled Great Wall. We also offer distinctive historical and ecologically sensitive trips to all corners of rural Beijing. We will help you explore the pristine beauty of the natural landscape-from high mountains, ancient temples to rural villages. Our hikes are non-invasive and non-exploitative, preserving these natural sites for generations to come. Our other events include cultural activities like city explorations, Chinese Cuisine, Chinese philosophy, Chinese tea ceremony, etc. Welcome to China and we are looking forward to working with you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Hi everyone:

my name is Xiaohong Liu i am chinese come from Inner Mongolia, already live in Beijing 7 years , I know Sonia has been five years. First met Sonia also because climbing. How time flies as if yesterday, I remember her wearing an orange clothes. Five-year time Lisuoniya continuous exploration around Beijing Great Wall and the mountain.She is who really love nature, before this, she operated the toy business network is successful. But she gave up a stable living conditions. The pursuit of inner voice.A year ago she started china trevellers. She find the connection of nature and Zen culture.She taught me a lot of philosophical thinking.I learn a lot from her.About Zen, about philosophy...... i have been hiking with Sonia together five times Sonia is a very honest and reliable person. Her travel arrangements a very safe and cheap and always a small group .aroud 5 people, she was always as much as possible and help all you need. . all the places she has been ahead of the investigation to find the best route.some places is undeveloped areas..foreigners is difficult to findat there without the local .at there you can take a break,enjoy eat local food, also in her bag is always a prepare some delicious food.

My English is not good, i can speak but not wrote or read . i really hope you can understand what I wrote in English. if any questions feel free to contact me on 856 13124788581 buqunzi@gmail.com

best wishes

in 18 reviews
"farmhouse"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed May 8, 2012

A really good day out, exactly as advertised. Everything was well planned, Sonia was a great guide, the walk to the wall and lunch in a local village was really good. On the wall we had amazing views, nobody around, could just the birds singing! I went with 2 colleagues and would really recommend it to others

1  Thank James D
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have been on 3 hikes with China Travellers and they were all really interesting. We went to Gubeikou  and stayed overnight in a local farmhouse which was clean and comfortable and great food.We walked through a local village and also along the Wall.
I also did 9 Eye Tower at Sihai and had a tofu hot pot for lunch at a local house. Amazing food.
The last hike was to Jiankou which had great scenery and again we had lunch at a local house for.The food is so good.
For 2 of the hikes we met at Dongzhimen and used the bus and then a miambao chi! That  was an experience! The other hike we used a car from Beijing for the day.
Sonia is a very good guide and knows many interesting places where most foreigners do not go. If you like adventure and what to see The Great Wall that many foreigners do not see,then go with China Travellers. You will have a lot of fun and an experience to remember.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Having lived in Beijing for more than a year, I've checked out all the various options for hiking here. And China Travellers is the best of the lot because:

a) great hiking locations- they wont take you to the same old well-worn hiking trail. they spend time and effort to scout new routes which are not overrun with tourists b) great company - sonia is a passionate hiker and a hike with her can turn into a fascinating insight into China. you might start out with a guide and return with a friend! c) personal attention- so its small groups, like-minded hikers and attention to details

overall- a very good option not only for tourists, but also for long time beijing residents who want to get away from the same old routine. strongly recommended