“Great Tour, Great Guy!”

Great Wall Expert
Ranked #21 of 130 Outdoor Activities in Beijing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hi, I am Paul, a professional Great Wall tour guide of Beijing, China. I offer private, personalized Great Wall hiking tours that give you the opportunity to see the authentic Great Wall through the eyes of real Beijinger, taking in the history, culture, traditions and beautiful view. For quality tours of Great Wall, contact me now!
Reviewed April 7, 2013

He is always my first choice in Beijing! I work in China for 3 years, and I always recommend him to all my friends willing to see the capital city.

My latest recommendation was to my parents, who were visiting China for the first time. Paul was very nice from the beginning by waiting for them at the airport the evening before and taking them to the hotel. The following morning their 3 days tour in Beijing + Great Wall begun.

My parents were really happy to have such a professional tour guide, friendly and helpful. He knows plenty of history and what is more important is that he knows where to take you, so you can get a great taste of Beijing.

I must say that all my family was fully satisfied with his service. He does not act like a tour guide but more as a friend willing to show you the area. Also his car is very nice and clean. Plenty of space and quite new.

greatwallexpert, 经理 at Great Wall Expert, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Dear costumer, Thanks a lot for you taking time write such a good review. I really appreciate it. Paul.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have recently been in Beijing with some other friends. One of them already knew Paul and suggested us to take his trip. It was definitely a great idea. One can "feel the history" as he likes to say (and its completely true, in fact 8km of history!) Its just amazing. He is very nice and showed us his patience with pictures and tiredness.

In this trip its only you and the Great Wall, no tourists, no shops, no toilets.
I would recommend to take this adventure for sure. It was one of the best things I did in my trip, but make sure to bring appropriate shoes!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Having lived in Beijing for more than a year I had already experienced the disappointments of Mutianyu and, specially, Badaling.

However, one day after visiting the Forbidden City with some friends that were visiting, Paul approached offering his tour. At first, I said "no thank you" thinking it was just another tour guide. But then he showed me the photos of the Jiankou section of the Great Wall and after and we almost immediately decided to go.

The experience was thrilling. It is the real Great Wall, no tourist shops, no chairlifts, no KFC, no stupid luges. Just the Great Wall the way it was intended to be. No one else there. Just ourselves, with breathtaking views, the wind and a 8km path ahead.

My friends and I loved it. It was a one in a life experience, and since then I have been with Paul 3 more times: every time a friend comes to visit, I call Paul and go for a Great Wall hike! The result is always the same, my friends are always in awe.

Paul attitude is always great. Takes good pictures, waits for you, answers all of your questions, is punctual and even sings beautiful Mongolian folk songs!

On a side note, I would advice anyone going to the Jiankou Great Wall to wear hiking equipment, as the way can get a bit challenging, but it is well worth the effort!

Enjoy your trip!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Paul (Li Paul) is a Beijing Treasure. We booked a private day tour to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall, about 2 hours from our Wangfujing hotel in central Beijing. Paul provided us very interesting information as he drove us comfortably and safely in his very nice vehicle (a real asset!), and was happy to detour for us past the Olympic stadium area as well.

Paul provided us with good information on the history of the Great Wall, took some great photos of us, and generally made things very easy. Then he was happy to leave us to it while we explored, and patiently waited in his car for us to return, quite some time later.

And when we asked for his recommendation on good restaurants and Chinese traditional massage places near our hotel, he not only told us about them, but took us to them in his car on the way back.

Paul is a delightful person - very personable and pleasant to be with. He also has a great singing voice!

We happily recommend Paul and were delighted with the special day he provided us at the Great Wall.

1  Thank WH0A

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We booked this tour through TripAdvisor. It was absolutely fanfastic. This area was picturesque, much quieter and much less developed than other areas. We only met 2 others in Huanghuacheng Great Wall! Our guide, Paul, was very prompt, courteous and great value. He brought us through a farmland to climb a ladder to get on the Wall which was still mostly in ruin. Paul's car was a jeep that was very clean and comfortable. By the way, we also enjoyed the KungFu Show. Do yourself a favor and book this tour!