“Nice budget hotel in the heart of the hutongs”
Review of Hyde Hotel

Hyde Hotel
Ranked #172 of 1,419 Beijing B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We like the location of this hotel at Qianmen itself for the hutong experience and the proximity to the Forbidden City which is just a 10-15 walk away. Nearby is Line 2, Qianmen station and there are many local eateries there. The Qianmen Pedestrian street itself is a commercial area with high end shops - Zara, Chow Tai Fook, Uniqlo/etc and for food there is McD, KFC - and the famous Quanjude duck. We stayed in a twin room on the ground floor and the only thing we didn't like was that the bathroom floor got wet when we took a shower. Unlike the other Chinese hotels we stayed in, this little hotel has good wifi in the room.

If you are coming by taxi, much easier to tell the driver to drop you off near the Xihua Hotel on Meishi Street as Shijia Hutong is just across this hotel. Once into the lane, the Hyde Hotel sign can be clearly seen.

Good value for money.

Room Tip: Our twin room at the back on the ground floor was quiet and the air conditioner and wifi worked beau...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel. When I booked this hotel through booking.com, I was not sure if it would be the right choice & maybe I could cancel/change to another hotel at destination. I booked a dorm room for my tight budget in Beijing city for 4 days . The hotel is located in Hutong and the first impression left me in little doubt if this would be the right option. But to my surprise I am very happy with my choice, thanks to some of the good reviews on booking.com and Tripadvisor. The hotel really is worth it and I have already decide next time I should book same hotel.
USP - many
1.Staff is very good and decent English friendly
2.Even in dorm they maintain daily housekeeping services and supply basic essentials likes – face towel, towel ,comb ,shave kit etc..cool isn’t it.
3.The hotel is clean and very peaceful despite in busy Hutong.
4.They have cozy BAR, good place to relax with a drink or even food after long day sight seeing
5.Hotel is 2 mins from the Qianmen and Tianmen, that was best part.
6.Hotel can arrange tours and taxi.
7.Free wifi available – strong one.
8.The hotel clientele is mostly international.
9.The key Subway line 2 is 5 minutess walk.
10. Traditional look and charm.
So I am very satisfied with this hotel as I had no from this one and was apprehensive ;but in the need I had a very good and peaceful stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank davechinwan
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had booked the deluxe room for two nights. Upon arrival at the airport we called and confirmed our booking. When we arrived at the Beijing Hyde Hotel "one hour later" @11a.m., we were told our room was not available as the couple who were currently in it could not be found but had left their luggage in the room. Right! We deduced the 'missing couple' had booked an excursion through the hotel thus they stayed an extra night in our room . We booked the Beijing Hyde Hotel for the sole reason of having the deluxe room. The a/c didn't work very well, the rooms were dark. The good thing is the location. Would I stay here again. NO!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The rooms are small, the bed is hard, but everything is clean.
At the reception desk one man speaks English and in the restaurant a woman also speaks English. The people of the hotel were all kind and friendly.
The big strenght of this hotel is the location.
The hotel is situated in a hutong next to the shoppingstreet Qianmen.
Altough the hotel was located in a backstreet, we did feel safe all the time.
The subway station Qianmen is just a 15 minute walk away from the hotel,and is an excellent and cheap way to explore Beijing.
You can eat from early in the morning untill late at night in the many restaurants in the neighbourhood of the Hyde hotel.
The rooms also had wifi but were unfortunatelly the signal was not stable, For reliable wifi signal you had to go to the restaurant- or courtyard area.
I think you really get valuable for your money in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the Hyde courtyard hotel in June this year, and despite when we arrived they'd told us we'd been double booked I loved it!!! The staff were very apologetic when they informed us we had to stay down the road at a different hotel for one night and Hyde for the next three as they'd made a mistake in bookings. This happens a lot in china and was not our first experience of it! The lovely man at the front counter gave us a discount for all following days and showed us to our different hotel for the night which was a more expensive one just down the road. The location Hyde hotel is in could not be better, it's in a tiny quiet hutong with down the left a huge busy street with all the usual h&m, zara, american style stores. We loved that part of it too but only discovered it later in our stay as it's unnoticeable! The subway station is very close and I would stay in this area of Beijing again, in fact I'd stay at Hyde again! I have no complaints about the room, the bed was nice and bathroom very clean. Restaurant / Bar at hyde is one of my highlights as it does the basics but all you'd need. the sitting area is very cute and comfy and wifi access i had no problems with all over! Staff are lovely and there is a gorgeous big Buddha in the courtyard which is very welcoming :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Excellent location, 10 minutes walk from T Square. Bank of China, post office and mini markets 5 minutes walk.
Triple room means a double bed and a wooden day bed. Remember all beds in China are very very hard, thats the Chinese fact of beds- it's good for your back! Problems with air conditioning, but solved in 2minutes by the staff.
Room immaculately cleaned daily, plenty of hot water and laundry 10 yuan a kilo. Wifi available but kept dropping out, even at the bar.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The only thing I liked about this hotel is its location. In the heart of old part of Beijing, in the hutongs area, close to underground and bus stops, walking distance to Tienanmen square. Staff was quite helpful, they give a good printed info about how to get to the main attractions, its in english and chineese - it really helps when you want to find your direction in the city. unfortunately rooms are small and dark, beds extremely hard, aircon not working, very poor choice for breakfast. I booked the biggest room with 3 beds to have a comfort stay - it was 1 double bed hard as a stone, a place to sleep for the 3rd person was a wooden platform normally used as a sitting area, and they just put on few quilts instead of a materace (not comfortable at all). Some old stains on the bed linings..... After 1st night I wanted to find another hotel, but kids didnt want to waste time for walking around and asking for free room, so we stayed as planned.

Room Tip: Try to find something better in this area :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family