“Outstanding Dinner”

Cuisines: European, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Guomao
Description: The Cut steakhouse, located on the 2nd floor in the Fairmont Beijing, offers the finest choice of Australian and Canadian beef in Beijing. It provides the perfect environment for business and family / friends dinners or for any other occasion that demands a perfect meal.The young team of the Cut is looking forward to host you soon and make your time memorable.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The decoration of this place is a little weird but our dinner was outstanding.
The recommendation of the chef was perfect, not to forget the drinks.
Of course there are more fancy places in Beijing but I think the food is the best and cooked to perfection. It's a must.

Andreas B, Chef de Cuisine at The Cut, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Probierziege,

thank you for taking the time and leaving a review about your dining experience at the Cut Steakhouse. We appreciate very much your great comments about the food and drinks.
We hope to welcome you some time in the future again.

Chef De Cuisine - The Cut Steakhouse

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The steak was very good, the speciality chips were fantastic

Could not fault the service was served throughout dinner by around 5 members of the team very efficient, even brought me a selection of magazines to read as I was dining on my own

Plenty of free nibbles and breads

Only small criticism, the red Juis sauce was tasteless and watery

On leaving I was given a small gift and a 50% off voucher for the lobby bar

Andreas B, Chef de Cuisine at The Cut, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear The_hammonds_11,

thank you so much for your very friendly and encouraging feedback about your visit in our steakhouse.
We will certainly take the points of criticism serious and work on the quality of our sauce to make sure that you will experience perfection upon your next visit.

We hope to see you very soon again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We had great a great dinner here. Start food was amazing, main with beef and pork was fantastic. Drinks with great tasty . The restaurant with nice ambience amd staffs were so friendy. Recommened!!

Andreas B, Chef de Cuisine at The Cut, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Mrdennistest,

thank you so much for taking the time and writing the review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience in our steakhouse and would certainly be very proud to have you here again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

It's not a cheap place, but I'd say that definitely worth the price.

I went there with a colleague, both meat lovers, and willing to share the Tomahawk steak. The meat was top quality and cooked to perfection: we ordered it medium rare and medium rare it was. Regarding this latter aspect, amongst other things you are paying for the expertise at the use of the grill. In many places it's very difficult to get a steak cooked to order, but both my companion and myself were totally satisfied with the juiciness and tenderness of our Tomahawk. The steaks I've had in other joints in town, within the 300-500 RMB range, really stand no competition. The sides were good, and so were the bread and the appetizers we were served.

Unlike some other reviewer, I found the service excellent. The young lady who waited our table (and who had also attended me on my prior visit to The Cut, during a Restaurant Week) was extremely professional, cheerful and knowledgeable. The rest of the staff also clearly knew what they were up to.

To sum up, it's not a place to visit every weekend unless you have a nice expense account, but it's definitely worth the splurge for someone who is craving for an excellent steak in a very pleasant environment and with top service.

Andreas B, Chef de Cuisine at The Cut, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear gamuzza,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time and writing a review about our restaurant. It not only helps other readers to get a first impression when planning a visit in our restaurant but also encourages our team to continue doing what we do.
We appreciate your very kind words and hope to have you here again in not too distant future.

Andreas

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have to admit that the prices for Kobe beef are quite high but well worth it once in a lifetime. Chef Andreas B spoiled my wife and I with attention and knowledge of all the qualities of Kobe beef at the restaurant.

My wife and I made reservations the day before as we've heard both the Fairmont Beijing and "The Cut Steakhouse" were at top of the list of dining establishments in Beijing, China.

My wife and I ordered a wedge salad and some scallops as appetizers. While the scallops had flavor they were cold. The wedge salad was decent but nothing spectacular.

We both chose the red Kobe beef ~7oz. steaks, usually i tend to order a larger filet but I’ve been informed that the marbleizing and fat content would surely fill me up. When both of our steaks arrived the servers brought 7 different kinds of mustard to compliment the rich beef flavor. The steaks were cooked to perfection, medium rare for my wife and I. I cut into the steak and the first bite was bovine bliss.

After we completed our steaks and a wonderful glass of Cabernet Sauvignon to complement, I could still taste the flavors down my throat as it was a reminder that no steak will ever be greater than this. I am forever spoiled from this experience but I know now that there is a gold standard for beef and it’s “The Cut Steakhouse” at the Fairmont Beijing.

Note: Chef Andreas took the time out that evening to speak about beef and Germany. I found that it was a nice personal touch and made our experience that much more special.

Andreas B, Chef de Cuisine at The Cut, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear tluehr1,

first of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and leaving this review for our restaurant.
While, on one side, I am very proud to hear that we have been able to set a benchmark for you in terms of flavor of beef, on the other side, I am very disappointed to hear that we have let you down in regards to appetizers and the overall value experience.
Our goal always is to make the dining experience in our restaurant as memorable as possible, starting from the entrance until the moment you have left our hotel. I hope I will get another chance to straighten out these negative impressions and give you a 100% perfect experience.

Please do not hesitate do contact me directly through my email andreas.block@fairmont.com if you would like to make a reservation for a future visit.

Chef de Cuisine - The Cut

Been to The Cut? Share your experiences!