“Amazing meat selection”

Cuisines: European, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Guomao
Description: The Cut steakhouse, located on the 2nd floor in the Fairmont Beijing, offers the finest choice of Australian and Canadian beef in Beijing. It provides the perfect environment for business and family / friends dinners or for any other occasion that demands a perfect meal.The young team of the Cut is looking forward to host you soon and make your time memorable.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Been in China for a few weeks and needed a taste of home....that means beef. This place knows beef, the menu has the largest selection of steaks I have ever seen, and the quality is fantastic. Faisal suggested the red label filet...it was like heaven. I have never had a piece of meat so tender and with so much flavour. The chef cooked it to perfection. I also had the beef tartar, great presentation, better taste. Yea, maybe paid more for a steak than I do back home, but the quality was way beyond any steak I have ever eaten, and that to me means great value. Start with a drink in the bar before dinner, they make fantastic aviators!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Truly enjoyable dining experience at the Fairmont Hotel's signature restaurant, "The Cut". My wife and I had the Filet Mignon (she had the Aussie Red Belt and I had the Black Belt) with Ahi Tuna and an Iceberg salad as starters and accompanied by sautéed spinach and forest mushrooms, respectively. Wow! The filet's quality, flavor and tenderness commanded respect and had to be cut to minuscule portions so as to lengthen the culinary experience. The service provided by Faisal and Jerry was truly outstanding and provided one of the very best meals in recent memory. We didn't sample the wines as we're heading to Lhasa in a couple of days and don't want to be ill prepared (literally) for the altitude climb. If you're in Beijng and looking for a great steakhouse, stop - go to the Fairmont and emjoy a satisfying and unhurried culinary treat.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have been living in Beijing with my family for five years and had the chance to visit the restaurant "The Cut Steakhouse" quite many times. International cuisine in a nice and elegant ambience at the first floor of the Fairmont Hotel in downtown Beijing, where you can see "what's going on with your favorite dishes" thanks to the open view kitchen right in the middle of the dining room.
Professional waiters and sommelier helped us with our questions on ingredients, cooking style, wines and, at the end, we had always been satisfied.There is no specific recommendation: fish or meat or...we tried basically all dishes without any regret.
Finally, I'd like to mention a remarkable service when, late for any reservation to celebrate my wedding anniversary, I just asked the Executive Chef to help and, smoothly and professionally the anniversary was saved: not just a dinner but something more to create the right atmosphere.
Nice ambience, nice people and wonderful food. Definitely I recommend.
Michele

Reviewed October 6, 2012

It's very pleasant experience having breach with family in "the cut" restaurant in one weekend last month. The staff was very friendly to take good care of my grandpa and grandma in the whole time. Especially the manager of the restaurant, Mr. Faisal has been taken such good care of our large group for the total of 7 people. The food is wonderful, especially the stick. My grandma loved it so much, and she said it is the best meal for a very long time. With the good food, friendly staff, convenient location, it definitely will be my best place to have my family reunion for the great food with reasonable price. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had dinner here one of the nights of my stay. The service was great! The chef came over to explain the beef selections available. He made recommendations based on my preferences, not what was most expensive. There were lots of dinner options beyond beef and all looked delicious. The bread was delicious - I think I could have eaten every piece. It was a little pricy, but worth every cent!