“The Great Place, great people and Food at The Cut restaurant”
Review of The Cut

The Cut
Ranked #60 of 12,890 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: European, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Guomao
Description: The Cut steakhouse, located on the 2nd floor in the Fairmont Beijing, offers the finest choice of Australian and Canadian beef in Beijing. It provides the perfect environment for business and family / friends dinners or for any other occasion that demands a perfect meal.The young team of the Cut is looking forward to host you soon and make your time memorable.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

It's very pleasant experience having breach with family in "the cut" restaurant in one weekend last month. The staff was very friendly to take good care of my grandpa and grandma in the whole time. Especially the manager of the restaurant, Mr. Faisal has been taken such good care of our large group for the total of 7 people. The food is wonderful, especially the stick. My grandma loved it so much, and she said it is the best meal for a very long time. With the good food, friendly staff, convenient location, it definitely will be my best place to have my family reunion for the great food with reasonable price. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had dinner here one of the nights of my stay. The service was great! The chef came over to explain the beef selections available. He made recommendations based on my preferences, not what was most expensive. There were lots of dinner options beyond beef and all looked delicious. The bread was delicious - I think I could have eaten every piece. It was a little pricy, but worth every cent!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My family and I went twice at The Cut.
We all love it very much.
Steaks are delicious. Last time I took the tuna. They know how to cook steaks but also the tuna.
The ambiance is nice. The fu wu yuan (waitresses) are professional.
From the entree to the dessert, the presentation of the dishes are always original and impressive.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I and my spouse came here for eating a good meat, western style. We got it!.... at high price!!!
The expectations about the meat are met, maybe also because is hard to find a good western steakhouse in Beijing. They have a loing list of steaks, tenderloins, rib eyes, etc. coming from Australia and Canada at very, very high prices.
Meat is actually good, but the other dishes not at the same level, I'd say many steps behind.
Environment is nice, cousing open space, Service very good.
Unfotunately it's not a place to come come often to taste a good meat due to its overpricing. Its prices are higher than the highest prices in Europe/US for the best possible steak.
To came at least once for meat.

Andreas B, Chef de Cuisine at The Cut, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Harry L,

I have been reading your review with great regret.
The ultimate goal of all our team members at the Cut Steakhouse is to provide a (positive) memorable dining experience to all our clients.
The steaks and other ingredients, as well as wine, are at the absolute top range of quality in China and unfortunately any imported product in China costs a little bit more than anywhere else what explains the high prices on the menu.
It is a shame for us to hear that you were not satisfied with the cut of beef you chose. The grass fed Angus beef you had is known to be a little tougher, especially when cooked rare, since it has got almost no natural fat marbling and is pure muscle string.

I would be very honored to welcome you back at our restaurant at any time and will personally guarantee that you will have a steak dinner to remember.

Kind Regards,
Andreas Block

Chef de Cuisine

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Being a vegetarian, probably I should not rate a stake house, but the chef did his best to please both me and my stake-loving husband with some culinary masterpieces.

1  Thank Milena P

Been to The Cut? Share your experiences!