“Nice”

Tairyo Teppanyaki
Ranked #168 of 12,627 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Newport Beach, California
“Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Like I've read in a few other people's review of this place they would always forget some of your orders. I think it's their way of ensuring that no one wastes food. It's nice, but it does get pretty annoying ordering the same thing over and over and not having it served. The price is great for an all you can eat place. The food is decent and the service is nice.

• Visited April 2014

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
“Nice offering but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

The price is ok for all-you-can eat package. However, I don't know if it is a rule from the restaurant or some misunderstanding, but everytime we have to order sashimi, they either forget some of them, or just don't serve at all. I am not the kind of person who is very rude with waiters, but sometimes, I really want to.
Concerning the products, the taste is good and the banana flambée even better. Unfortunately, they don't put fire on it as they used to do. But anyway, Tairyo is the place to be if you want to eat japanese teppanyaki for affordable price.
My advice is to go with a group of friends, so you can book the whole teppanyaki table for you.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Vincent T
istanbul
2,891 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 9,770 helpful votes
“Good price and food..,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

That's a very good option for us to be invited by our local partners to this all you can eat Japanese teppenyaki restaurant.Quality of the food is not considered as top,but he quantity&portions are very important and as we always did,everybody orders more than they can consume.The only problem here is the service and communication with the service staff as they can hardly speaks English.In any case nice to eat at this restaurant and what you pay is nothing considering the amount of the food you order.Go and try it.

• Visited October 2012
Victoria, BC
“an original teppanyaki experience - great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We didn't know what to expect, having had quite a few high quality teppanyaki experiences in major cities in Asia. This was a delightful, entertaining and relaxing experience, much more casual and lowbrow than past experiences, but very worthwhile nonetheless. While the quality of the food was a little uneven, overall it was very good, and the variety was impressive. They "all you can eat and drink" option is the way to go, so don't hold back. Give it a try.

• Visited March 2013
OH
“the lack of organization is annoyed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I will start by saying that I really like the food at Tairyo, and the price seems reasonable for all-you-can eat. Every time I've been I tell myself I'm not going back because of the annoyance.

#1, don't actually expect to get everything you order. I swear if they think you are eating or ordering too much they just don't bring things out for the chef to cook. And when you order, it seems like ordering 1 of something literally means you will get 1 shrimp, not 1 order of shrimp.

#2, the chef never cooks things in the order he is given them and I literally waited for over an hour for a simply fried rice, watching him skip it about 20 times as he continued to make new things. He also made food so quickly for a couple that sat down after us that it didn't even make sense. We waited for quite a while when we sat down as he prepared many dishes for our table mates, these people walked in and within 5 minutes had about 3 dishes to choose from plus the stuff they'd ordered from the kitchen, while we'd waited for about 10-15 minutes just sitting there not eating.

If you have 3 hours to spend eating and don't mind being treated like crap as Westerns, I'd say go for it. Otherwise don't bother.

Visited January 2013

Been to Tairyo Teppanyaki? Share your experiences!