“Best coffee in Beijing”

Ranked #22 of 387 Coffee & Tea in Beijing
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Being a coffee affectionado, on a recent holliday to Beijing I naturally set out to source the best coffee in the city. Past experience suggests good Italian style coffee is hard to find in Asian cities however Small Cafe has hit the mark. I drank many a cappuccino and espresso in this quant little cafe in my time in Bejing and have to admit their coffee is the equal to any I've experienced in Italy.

2  Thank Frank S

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Exactly a small cafe, but nice coffee and marble cheese cake, Green Curry Chicken is a little bit different from Thai food, but IT TAST GOOD!The owner has been to more than 50 countries. A lovely place. I'm gonna miss it!

2  Thank Gu Y
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I guess this can be described as a trendy coffee place in the middle of an old Beijing Hutong. I was staying at the Beijing Double Happiness, just down the alley and decided to try this after having dinner at the excellent Taste restaurant. I'd had some of their homemade liquor, and definitely needed a coffee. I had a lovely Latte, can't remember how much it cost but it was nicer than some of the cups I've had from Costa..

They also sell some food, if I wasn't stuffed I'd have tried a piece of cheesecake for sure. A limited number of hot dishes available too.

1  Thank iExplore1985
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stumbled across this hotel whilst staying at beijing double happiness hotel (located on the same alley as the hotel, across from the restaurant with red lanterns). The interior of this cafe is very cute and unique in its own way. This is a family owned business with an owner which has compiled his inspiration from his travels into this cafe. I had the tiramisu coffee (20 yuan) and the marble cheesecake (16 yuan) which was delicious. The coffee actually tastes like tiramisu! They make decent coffees here with their lavazza beans. This is a great place to chill and relax away from the hustle and bustle streets of beijing.

1  Thank Sushii_90
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Best Hot Chocolates in a very cosy setting
its in a hortong small alley it only seat about 8-10 i would think but the staff are friendly and the drinks are great wifi is available

1  Thank fast1300

Been to Small Cafe? Share your experiences!