Book In Advance
Tours from Private Beijing Trips tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Private Beijing Trips
from $53.00
More Info
All reviews terry wang tour guide forbidden city summer palace beijing trip three days his knowledge day trip great guide beijing airport tea ceremony bullet train great trip olympic stadium great wall tour via email jade factory
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Terry Wang was a great tour guide. His english is excellent and he is very knowledgeable about Beijing. Without him we would not have been negotiate our way to fire military grade weapons at the shooting range.

Date of experience: December 2012
32  Thank NicolasDai
terence w, Owner at Private Beijing Trips, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Dai xiang yun
Thanks a lot for accompanying with me in February and posting your excellent comment for my work here on TripAdvisor. And I really look forward to welcoming you guys back again in the near future.
Say hello to your another three friends in sydney! Thank you so much!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Terry Wang is an excellent tour guide and we thoroughly recommend him to any visitor to Beijing who is looking for a very friendly, happy and knowledgeable man with a good sense of humour. His priority is to ensure that his customers are well and truly looked after.
My wife and I spent 3 days in Beijing This was our first visit to China and we decided to hire local tour guides in each city we visited. Our research through Trip Advisor found Private Beijing Trips to be very highly rated and Terry certainly lived up to this during our time with him. He greeted us with a big smile at the Airport after our flight from Hanoi and soon had us checked in at our hotel where we relaxed for the rest of that day. He gave us a couple of gifts as mementos of our visit to Beijing and we were sad to say goodbye three days later when he left us at the Airport for our next flight.
The itinerary that Terry had prepared and discussed with us prior to our arrival included visiting the Great Wall, a Cloisonne factory,Tianan'men Square, the Olympic Stadium Precinct, the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace and a tour of a Hutong area which included having lunch in a family home. Our other food experiences included an evening meal of traditional Peking Duck and some wonderful Chinese foods for the two other lunches. Our 3 days were well organised and althiough the weather was quite cold we saw and walked the Great Wall in sunlight, had one full day without a cloud in the sky and we experienced very little polution. Bejing is an amazing city, the sights we saw were just wonderful and Terry's knowledge of the history associated with places we visited was the icing on the cake.
We thoroughly recommend Terry as your personal guide when you visit Beijing.

Date of experience: December 2012
30  Thank Steljon
terence w, Owner at Private Beijing Trips, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear John & Stella
Thanks a million for showing your opinion to my China trip service here, anyway, I felt so excited that you are satisfied with my efforts in Beijing. To be frank, all of my guests just emailed me through comments of my work on TP here in beijing, moreover, I do realized that it's not easy to get excellent reviews if you could not work well for clients, so that's why I keep hard working for my travel guests everyday, and it is also my duty to look after my clients well in China! Trust me!

Our chinese new year time is starting now, so I just wanna say happy new year to you and your family, dear John & stella!
Take care yourself well!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was in Beijing on business with limited free time for touring. That is why I contacted Terry. We traded emails for a while as I explained what I wanted and how my schedule was. He was very accommodating and came up with several options for tours. I was expecting to tour with some colleagues of mine, but they always seemed to bow out at the last moment. I apologized to Terry for taking up his time, but he said it was no problem. I finally did book a tour with Terry. 1 of my colleagues was leaving on the same day as I was, and we only had that 1 day to see some of the sites. Terry scheduled a tour that showed us the Great Wall, the Jade factory, a traditional Chinese Tea ceremony, and a local shopping district. Plus he had the driver go though areas of the city that we were unable to see before. Finally, he dropped us off at the airport, at our request. Overall, a great tour, and a great tour guide. Terry's English is very good and he is a very happy and energetic person who is willing to help you have the best experience possible. Me and my colleague were very happy with what we were able to see on our last day in Beijing. Without Terry's help, we would have never seen and experienced all that we did. I definitely recommend Terry as your personal tour guide when visiting Beijing.

Date of experience: January 2013
32  Thank Gary M
terence w, Owner at Private Beijing Trips, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Gary
I still remembered that we had a great Beijing trip time with your colleagues several weeks ago. anyway, I really love my job and take care of all of my clients well, they are not only my travel clients, but also my personal friends, so all the people got a impressive travel experiences with me in Beijing and China!

Thank you so much for your feedback to my work again, happy new year to you and your family!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Terry gave my girl friend and I a very good tour of the forbidden city on a tight schedule . Terry was also a great help getting us train train tickets to Shanghai. Terry is a very honest and nice person . I would feel very comfortable recommending Terry to anybody wishing to tour the Beijing area. Thank you for your help Terry.
Good luck from Tuya and Steve.

Date of experience: January 2013
32  Thank Steve_huston1
terence w, Owner at Private Beijing Trips, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Steve and Tuya :
Thanks for taking time sharing your feeling and recommendation in the review. I'm glad you enjoyed the tour with me and I can be helpful during your stay here. I'm sure your reviews will help more friends who have the plan visiting China.

Our goal is to try our best to meet the custom’s need. We are your friend here. We won’t neglect any request of our client. No matter how trivial it is. We are willing to continue our unremitting efforts to make sure you have a happy and satisfied trip in Beijing and China.

We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to China and Beijing.
Say hello for me to Tuya, she is very beautiful and kind. I hope you have nice days in Shanghai as well.

You'll always be my friend. I can feel you near me even we are apart.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Terry was very helpful and accommodating during the one day Great Wall tour we spent together. He was professional but was easy to chat to when we started a conversation with him about our families, different cultures and hobbies. This made our trip fun and memorable as we felt like we’ve known him from way before. He was well prepared for the trip and showed us around and explained the history without giving too much detail which we probably won’t remember anyway. He focused more on stories and interesting facts. Terry’s English was great and he conversed with my husband easily. Although it is a bit expensive to hire a private guide for just two people, I would still highly recommend Terry as the trip was much more personal, relaxed and there was no shopping stopovers at all. You get to sit in a roomy comfortable car instead of a bumpy bus, and you can choose your own lunch venues instead of massive dining hall that the group tours take you to. Terry even bought us a little present and sent me the photos he took of us going down the hill on the toboggan. We hope that Terry will stay in this business for many years to come and we’ll definitely be recommending our friends his way!

Date of experience: October 2012
33  Thank jerrizhao
terence w, Owner at Private Beijing Trips, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Jerry:
Thank you so much for taking your precious time to provide the excellent reviews. I'm glad you enjoyed the tour with me, To Be Perfectly Candid; you are not only a tourist from foreign country, but also like my elder sister, kind and amiable. We can easily chat like old friend in the family.

Compared to bus group tours, private and tailor-made tours are more personalized, flexible and cost-effective, especially for couples. To offer affordable private customized Beijing &China vacations is what “privatebeijngtrips”teams have been working for.

I’m looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you and your family back to China and Beijing in the near future.

You'll always be my friend. I can feel you near me even we are apart.