“Very comfortable rooms”

Ranked #993 of 6,450 Hotels in Beijing
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The bedrooms are very large, well fitted and comfortable, with big bathrooms and walk in showers. The location is a bit out of the centre but not too bad. There is a side street by the hotel - don't be afraid to go down this at night as it is quite safe. If you go out of the hotel and turn left, walk to the main road and turn left again then there is a fabulous restaurant where you cook your own food on a griddle in the middle of the table.

Breakfast was included in our booking and the choice was very good as well as quite good quality.

However, the food and drink in the lounge of the hotel is extremely expensive...just walk a short way and get some local atmosphere at a third f the price.

Room Tip: Get as high a room as you can or it can get noisy from the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Judy63_04

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were placed in this hotel as part of a local tour package. We really only needed a clean place to sleep, but this hotel had very clean and well appointed rooms. The breakfast was very good. Staff English was adequate. We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank neu6pai
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

So you go down a narrow smelly lane where there are piles of bricks, bikes and overflowing rubbish bins - the smell is disgusting, especially when it's hot- and then suddenly this luxury looking hotel just appears on the streets. Very strange place for a hotel as its seemingly in the middle of a local town so nothing for tourists! The rooma are lovely, luxury decor and fabulously soft and comfy bed linen..our bathroom smelled very damp, and the blind on window pane between the bathroom and bedroom (peep show!!) was ill fitting and mouldy in places. 1 English tv channel which was news. All staff quite bored looking and uninterested. The breakfast was to be desired-only cater for local Chinese would be nice to offer an omelette or some recognisable food items.

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here nights. The hotel itself is designed and presented as 4 stars, the property itself and décor probably is, however the level of service is poor. The staff are less than helpful if you asked them anything.

They do not appear to have a left luggage store, and to leave your luggage means you leave it beside reception near by the door. I felt this was not a secure and told them...response "we have a camera watching". It did not occur to them watching someone take something isn't much use!
Later whilst waiting for my pick up transfer...I was asked to leave the bar area because I wasn't ordering more to drink (even though I was the only person in there and I had eaten my lunch in there). I was told to go sit in reception, which is actually an extension of the bar area. Ridiculous.

I have had better treatment in 2 star and hostels than I had in this hotel. I would not stay here again,

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Brenda_Spiller
Portland, OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights last November when BJ was very cold and wet. I caught a cold since I was traveling from Southern China. The hotel is located right between two subway stops but in a Hutong alley. There are many water pits in Hutong when raining. Every time my shoes and socks are wet walking through the pits. I need to use the kettle to boil some water to take medicine. Every time when I tried to boil the water, the breaker box will jump and room is then out of electricity. This happened at least 3 times. I asked the staff and they sent a electriation but never really fix the breadbox. I finally gave up for useing the kettle.

The breakfast area was below mediocre for a 4 star hotel in BJ. You have to sit by the round table with strangers which is awkward sometimes. The food choice is okay (I can't believe they don't even serve wonton soup which is very common at all other hotel restaurant). The service of the staff is below average.

At the last day when I checked out, the front conceirge told me I
had to pay my room fee which is a big surprise because I had prepaid
full with credit card when I booked BW online. At the day when I checked in, it also showed the proof. But the staff told me they didn't receive the payment info because of the fax machine is broken, bla bla bla. So finally it took us 20 min to sort it out, and I have to pay 2000 yuan in cash. I had a big sigh since I was catching the subway to the airport and if I had happened not to have that much cash, I might screwed or not be able to catch my international flights.

Only pros: the hotel room is big and the bed is huge kingsize. Shower and bath have a electric curtain.

Other than that, I would not come back to this hotel again!!!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Peterepen

Travelers are raving about these Beijing hotels

Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here during a tour of Beijing, and the hotel was absolutely great, the restaurant upstairs was delicious, and the location was fascinating. We took many walks out from the hotel and enjoyed seeing the shops and LIFE being lived! I would recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elaine C
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here on out trip in April, the Hotel itself is quite palatial from the exterior, the paradox to that however is the fact that you have to walk down a narrow Hutong (narrow lane) for 4 mins to get to it from whatever direction you chose. This affords you with the opportunity of observing Beijingers up-close!.

Hotel itself was quiet , so ideal if you wish to avoid the hustle and bustle of the ever-busy streets nearby. There are 2 metro stations nearby giving you easy access to most of the city.

Breakfast choices were plentiful and the staff seemed very helpful to attend to any queries you had.
My only snag, was with the concierge who tried to coerce us into booking a Beijing tour with a travel group of his preference, despite advising that we’ll prefer not to, as we had recommendation from friends of ours. He continually belittled our choice and embarked on unnecessary scare-mongering, It took the best part of 5 mins of emphatic explaining that we were NOT using his suggestions. Unsure, if he’d heard of the great British resolve prior to that, but I’m sure he’s well versed now!!.

All in all, a good choice for 4 days in this awesome city!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple