“Well Done”

Book In Advance
More Info
$85.00*
and up
Private All-Inclusive Day Tour: Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Mutianyu...
Ranked #32 of 381 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Beijing Mutianyu Great Wall Tours Company Offering Private Package & Luxury Day Tour Include Lunch. Easy to let you explore the ancient Great Wall of China.We are the Great Wall travel expert have more than 8 years guide experience. Specialized in personalized, custom designed private package tours . own a variety of tours of hiking, trekking, walking and camping on the Great Wall . Beijing multi-days tours for any personal or group ; family and business people luxury and enjoyable travel experiences. Book 10 days before to get 10 % Off .
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well Done”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Mr Ping is the consummate professional. Fairly priced, spot on punctual, easy to understand, very well informed, and a generally joyful soul...He even took and e-mailed photos to me. If you have 6 hours or more in Beijing, don't miss the opportunity to see the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. I travel internationally on a regular basis. Mr Ping exceeded expectations. He's your guy for visiting the Great Wall while in Beijing.

Visited April 2014

86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“A wonder”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was lucky enough to hook up with a safe and reliable driver who took me to the great wall and waited for me. It is awesome and one of the only man-made edifices that you can see from outer space on the earth. Took cable car up and rode down on tobaggon type sled through a series of shoots or flues, thrilling ride for sure.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Skywalker102014
Portland, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“LOVED MR PING!!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We scheduled a trip with Mr. Ping and it was the highlight of my china trip. He was very jovial and funny. He met us at our hotel right on time, and gave us the plan for the day. Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Tea House, "Lunch in the Country", Great Wall, and one more activity that we actually had to forgoe on our own behalf. He shared lots of information about the history and what to expect, and had a clear plan on when and where to meet. The tea house was incredible and the Lunch was fantastic. It is at a very rustic place in the country, not an elegant place, but he served us, walked us through the traditions and what the items were, and was really helpful. To the wall we went and he had lots of information as well. He guided us with information on how to get up the wall (take the lift) and how to get down the wall (The toboggan ride!!!) and we were not disappointed. We told him we had to be back at our hotel at a specific time, and he got us there right on time. I think he was a FANTASTIC value for the money. I don't know if it was noted before hand (since I didn't book the trip) but there were other expenses involved (if you wanted an electric guide through the forbidden city, you would have to buy this, and to ride the lift up The Great Wall, this was another expense, though very cheap). I thought he was fair, funny, good priced and knowledgeable. His laugh has become a memorable part of our trip "HA HA HA HA HA" loud and boisterous. definitely worth doing this day trip with MR PING!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Lindsay M
Halden
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“No value for money”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We choose Mr. Ping as guide because of his good reviews on Tripadvisor, but I certainly do not share the same positive opinion as the other reviewers. First of all, his price is 2 to 3 times more than that of other guides. He charges typically 690 RMB per person per day. So, if you are with two, you pay 1380 RMB for one day. Afterwards, I found several operators who charge only 500 RMB/day per car (so, not per person). So, Mr. Ping charges 1380/500 = 2.76 times more than other guides. To pick you up from the airport and transport you to the hotel, he charges 280 RMB, while a regular taxi will cost 80 RMB. So, he charges 3.5 times more than a taxi!
During the tour, he didn’t explain so much and at the Forbidden City, he didn’t guide us at all. So, we were forced to pay extra for an electronic guide (GPS controlled). At the summer palace, we were not allowed to see one of the main attractions, namely a temple on a hill. His argument was that “there was just a Buddha inside”. Further, we were forced to visit some shops; a silk shop on the first day and a pearl shop on the other day. When I clearly indicated that we were not interested in such commercial motivated stops, Mr. Ping made clear that we were not allowed to drop such activities. In between, he took a lot of pictures of me and my wife with his own camera (while we had to hold his Tripadvisor award - a metal plate) without indicating how he would use these pictures. We experienced this as very annoying.
In the tour description, it was also mentioned that “we will serve you traditional Chinese style lunch at an elegant restaurant”. Well, that was far from the truth. We stopped at a very cheap, low quality restaurant. No decoration at all, dirty and cold. Mr. Ping started choosing for us, without even asking about our preferences. After a few suggestions, which we didn’t like at all, I asked if I could choose from the menu. Then Mr. Ping became quite angry and started shouting that he knew best what to choose. At this point we realized that the trip was a complete disaster. The rice we got there was clearly at least one or two days old. When we pay nearly three times more than for other guides, one should expect that the dinner would be something special and served at a nice, decorated restaurant of high quality. Dropping us at this miserable restaurant was really shameful.
So, in conclusion, we were very disappointed in this tour.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Snorkelingman
bestbeijingtours, Owner at Mutianyu Great Wall Tour, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear RUDI: Thank you very much for your review and we appreciated your feedback!
BUT, I am very sad to hear that you would give us a "terrible" rate on our service and the real experience that you received seems not as lower as the rank that you gave us.
You and your wife were so happy and thankful in the end for the day tour to me right?
You never pointed out your disagreement from the trip begin to the end.
Okay, any way please let me do some explain that see what did happen?
1.About our price :
Our cost quote for you is that you agreed also is list on our website.
We do the tours for you is Private Package Tours. The price is all include .
I think other operators or driver that you mentioned is only 500 RMB, yes, you are right .
But you must make it clear that they only offer you only a car with a driver and never or to be included all the entrance tickets.
The nice Chinese style food,tour guide. ( As in Beijing the tour guide is 500 RMB / per day)
Because the Forbidden City is huge , I can not guide you inside , that also is no parking lot , I told you , you have to come inside to visit by yourself.
You also agreed。
If you want me return your money for the extra for an electronic guide . I can do it.
Please tell me your bank account, I can return you.

About the Summer Palace ,because the mountain is tall and we do not have much time to climb and I just think there is only a buddha.

About the shop . I really do not force you to go . When we finished the Temple of Heaven on the way to Forbidden City I told you we will have a short stop to the pearl market
.I just want to you know more things in Beijing.

I took some picture from you and your wife . I just want to make fresh my memory , do not have any other meaning.

About the restaurant , I never angry with you , because you are my guest .I 'm not belive that you said the rice is at least two or three days , I am not agree.
If the restaurant offer the rice like that , who want come to eat? How can the owner make money if no people come to?

When I order the food for you and your wife that you told me the food is very delicious , and you both eat a lot. Why did you write the reviews is so bad ?

I am sorry for the long explain. As I was still puzzled for the strange feeling from you.
Your satisfaction is always our criteria!
We will work hard to improve our service standards, try our best to every customer's satisfaction.
I hope that after I so many explain to make you change your mind.
Shenyang, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Accommodating”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Using Trip Advisor reviews as a guide, we called Mr. Ping and arranged our Jan 1 tour of Badling Great Wall. Mr. Ping made all the arrangements for one of his drivers to pick us up at the hotel. I guess he wanted to go too because our pick up was Mr. Ping! With a lot of driving experience in the Beijing area, Mr. Ping shared his experiences and historical points about various places and topics on the way. He tagged along on the Great Wall hike and made sure he directed us to the right places. His rates are competitive and no hidden fees.

Visited January 2014

Been to Mutianyu Great Wall Tour? Share your experiences!