“Great Tour Guide!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$85.00*
and up
Private All-Inclusive Day Tour: Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Mutianyu...
Ranked #24 of 373 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Beijing Mutianyu Great Wall tours company offering Private Package Day Tour, Bus tours to let you explore the ancient Great Wall of China.We are the Great Wall travel expert have more than 8 years guide experience. Specialized in personalized, custom designed private package tours . bus tours; own a variety of tours of hiking, trekking, walking and camping on the Great Wall . Beijing multi-days tours for any personal or group ; family and business people luxury and enjoyable travel experiences. Book 10 days before to get 10 % Off .
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Tour Guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Mr Ping was fantastic. My 2 friends and I got a ride back from the Great Wall to Beijing. He was funny and engaging. 10/10, would ride again.

15 Thank Robert L

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day Tour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I only had 1 full day in Beijing so I signed up for the forbidden city and great wall of china tour. Due to traffic the guide was late, but she definitely made up for it. After the forbidden city, she took us the silk musuem and we drove by the Olympic area as well. Lunch was great and it was a part of the tour price. The wall was outstanding!! The weather was gorgeous. It was a very sunny day and no haze at all!!! After we left the wall, the guide told us we had more time and since we were only there for 1 day she wanted to make sure we saw everything we wanted. Once we arrived in Beijing we went to the pearl store to shop. The best part was they took me to STARBUCKS. I collect the mugs and needed my Beijing mug. Thanks to Taylor I have my mug. I highly recommend this tour!! I found it by using Tripadvisor so I knew I could not go wrong!!!

14 Thank stl2570
Brisbane
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Just the thing! Mr Ping from Beijing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife, 3yo son and I recently visited Beijing on a family holiday. Mr Ping organised our airport transfers and Great Wall tour. We were not disappointed! He was on time, engaging with great English language skills, and even took the time to teach our son some Mandarin. Our son adored Mr Ping - he is great with kids.

Highly Recommended.

15 Thank Cameron A
Houston, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Last minute trip with excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We flew to China from Texas on a last minute business trip. We only had two days to do tourist activities in Beijing and we HAD to see the Great Wall. I called Mr. Ping from our hotel room around lunch time and he was able to arrange a tour the following morning. A driver and tour guide met us at the hotel early in the AM to start the tour. Both were very friendly but our tour guide was exceptional. Her name was Taylor and if you are able to request her, I'd recommend it.
We drove to Mutianyu which is a 2 hour drive north of Beijing. Traffic would be impossible for us to maneuver but was very easy for our driver. When we arrived, our tour guide Taylor escorted us to purchase tickets for the cable car and great wall. We walked the wall for a couple hours and then we headed off to the Summer Palace. Along the way we were taken to a local Chinese restaurant where our guide ordered food for us. We let her order as we are flexible and wanted to try something new and authentic. Taylor did not disappoint. The food was delicious and we had more than enough to eat. After lunch we stopped by a local pearl shop where they explain the fresh water pearl process and what is involved there. We were invited to look around their store where they sell pearl jewelry and other collectibles. After this short lunch / detour we arrived at the Summer Palace. The palace was amazing. The history and architecture were great and Taylor was very informative and knowledgeable about the history. We spent a couple hours walking the grounds and after we finished we were dropped off at our hotel. Our tour guide offered to take us to a Kung Fu show or to go shopping but we had to leave early the next morning. Otherwise we would have taken her up on the offer. Overall it was a great service / experience. Especially because we had a tight deadline with very little notice or upfront planning. Highly recommended.

14 Thank Ben G
Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Experience at the Jiankou Great Wall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Having read about and seen pictures of the Great Wall much of my life, I wanted to end my trip to China visiting this 'Wonder of the World'. I've long made a habit of trusting other Trip Advisors and soon contacted Mr. Ping. I was not disappointed. Though I had done quite a bit of research, I still wasn't sure where which part of the wall I wanted to see. I shared my 'Wish List' with Mr. Ping and we were soon headed to Jiankou Great Wall. When we were dropped off at the Xizhazi Village I knew we were in for a treat. I had read another review about the branch in the near the beginning of the trail, so was able to avoid that wrong turn.

When others say the hike is a challenge, believe them. When you first see the towers on top if the mountain and you're looking up from the trail you think, "How am I going to get up there?" Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. When you get winded (and I can't see how you wouldn't), take a break and enjoy the scenery. We made it to the base of the first tower in about an hour. A climb up two crude ladders and some well worn steps put us on the top of the tower. What a view!! The Wall seems to stretch forever in both directions. No wonder the Chinese call it The Long Wall.

We hiked for about 3 hours, climbing, sometimes slidding, always enjoying the view. It must be emphasized that this is a very strenuous hike. Nevertheless, at 59 years of age and 40 pounds overweight, it was a hike that I'll never forget.

Mr. Ping was waiting for us for our return trip to Beijing. His advice was correct, the pictures from Jiankou are incredible.

14 Thank dbarnett