“A french break in Beijing.”
Review of Le little Saigon

Le little Saigon
Ranked #216 of 12,871 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Houhai
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Visiting Beijing in Winter by myself, I fell under the charm of Gulou area. I was really surprised to discover this little charming french and vietnamese restaurant. Perfect place to have a coffee during the freezy afternoon and romantic atmosphere for a date.
In this Christmas and New Years Holydays for westerners, I let myself tempted by their "Christmas menu" which feels me a little bit like I was at home. Good value for money with "foie Gras", Asparagus, Gambas, Salmon, Chicken and chocolate cake and a friendship service.
Definitely a place to try in Beijing.

1  Thank clement w

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Laurent, the French manager is a delightful host. If the restaurant is quiet, engage him in conversation. The Pho and spring rolls were both delicious. I can't comment on the French part of the menu, I stuck with the Vietnamese.

1  Thank BenS836
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Visiting this 'little' hidden gem was one of the highlights of our Beijing trip. We (three friends and I) chose the restaurant on the basis of Lonely Planet suggestions and we weren't disappointed. A smooth late-summer night on the rooftop terrace, a bottle of rose, some excellent Viet food and nice company, coupled with good service, made for an excellent experience at Le Little Saigon! I will return!

1  Thank MDIRKS
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Damning with faint praise I know, but food fell between being neither French nor vietnamese and steak was poor. Lovely atmosphere however and a lot of attention to detail. Menu could just have been four of five items bigger.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

French-Vietnamese, and with a choice of reasonably priced (French) wines (beware: some places ask totally outrageous prices for non-chinese wine !).
We ordered several dishes in order to mix a bit, but there were some problems with the timing, we had to cancel one dish as it did not come during the meal.
Over-all, one of the places with excellent value for money in Beijing.
When the weather allows, get a table on the terrace upstairs

1  Thank Yves R