“One of the best restaurant in Fairmont, Beijing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lunar 8

Lunar 8
Ranked #250 of 12,604 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Guomao
Beijing, China
“One of the best restaurant in Fairmont, Beijing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I like the cozy atmosphere, the friendly and attentive staff and most of all the varieties of food they serve!

Visited November 2012

Toronto, Canada
“OK, not great in a city of great dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were really tired our first night in Beijing and intstrad of going to Da Dong for Peking Duck, we went to Lunar 8 since it was right in our hotel.

Although the service was good, it was a bit rushed and the Peking Duck was disappointing, It was fine, but not great in a city that should have outstanding Peking Duck. We had better in Canada.

I would not recommend this restaurant for Duck. The service and atmosphere are great, but the food was average.Especially in a city with such amazing dining options.

• Visited November 2012
Edison, New Jersey
“Great duck, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was in Beijing for three nights and on my last night I had the duck at Lunar 8. It was awesome. Duck soup, duck spring rolls, duck fried rice, and duck pancakes. The chef came over and taught me how to use the chopsticks to roll the pancakes. Food was top of the line in every sense of the word. Probably wouldn't have gone here if I hadn't been staying at the hotel-but it was great. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
Washington, DC
“Unbelievable Peking Duck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Ate at Lunar 8 because we happened to be staying at the Fairmont. Wow, were we impressed. We had the peking duck which was truly one of the best dishes I have ever had in my life (and I consider myself a sophisticated diner and world traveler). The restaurant has separate chefs for noodles, duck, etc. I would highly recommended that anyone who wants world-class peking duck eat at this restaurant!

Visited November 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
“best peking duck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The restaurant is in the Fairmont hotel, and we ate their twice: myself my wife and my 3 kids (10,8 and 4). There was something for everyone, and the peking duck was sensational. I liked that you could see into the immaculate and spotless kitchen...

Visited September 2012