“Big mistake”

Ranked #235 of 12,871 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Tian'anmen / Wangfujing
Description: Enjoy the warm embrace of traditional Italian hospitality as you dine on classic Italian cuisine presented with contemporary style. Savor the vitality of food made with the freshest ingredients, and the vibrant and inviting atmosphere that brings out the true flavor of Italy. The perfect setting for a business lunch or dinner with friends paired with a superior selection from the wine list.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Having eaten at Duck de Chine 3 nights in a row, and after 7 nights of Chinese cuisine in Hong Kong and Beijing, we wanted Western food for a change. Biggest mistake of our two week trip. Food was expensive, ortions small, and frankly not good. As an Italian American from New York and Boston, I know Italian food. And I have been blessed to eat in a few (not that many) Michellin star-ed restaurants. I am not opposed to "elegant" Italian (ie, soething beyond a red sauce). This was just not very good. Anything with cheese was just "off" - - sour tasting, bitter. Menu was limited. Prices were high (and we were staying at the Peninsula, so I don't blanch at high prices fro good value. But dinner for 4, with two of them teenagers, was over $400 - - in Beijing, where a world class hotel is only $250 per night. VERY disappointed.

1  Thank Paul F

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Was tired of Chinese food after ten days so decided to try this near the hotel. Food was good had the lobster soup stuffed ravioli in pesto sauce and my husband had sea bass. Both the dishes were good.australian wine that we had was excellent. Altogether a good experience!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Fresh in from London we were feeling pretty tired so decided to eat close To our hotel. On the face of it Daccapo would seem to be quite expensive but actually the seemingly authentic Sicilian dishes we tried were worth every penny.

The service was excellent and my only criticism would be that on the day we ate at the restaurant the air conditioning was 'full on' making our dining experience a rather chilly one.

The calloni I had for my dessert was terrific. My wife and I both had a lamb tagliatelle pasta dish for the main. It was really good - perfectly cooked and full of flavour.

1  Thank Curmo
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Definitely a good restaurant but not worth what you pay for (even at lunch). I ordered a chicken salad and some gnocchi. The salad was fine but not outstanding: original recipe but the execution could be improved. Same for the gnocchi: good sauce but gnocchi were overcooked. Overall food was good but did not impress me, something you would expect considering what you pay for.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Wonderful decor and service, but the food was quite painfully average. I say painful, because of its price. I had the tagliolini, and it arrived before me looking and tasting like chinese noodles in ketchup.

I might just never visit again.

Service was good though. They had a true blue Italian maitre'd to make customers feel premium. I was amazed, but not amazed enough to forget the atrocity that they placed before me.