“Good food but not worth the price”
Review of Daccapo Restaurant

Daccapo Restaurant
Ranked #285 of 12,819 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Tian'anmen / Wangfujing
Description: Enjoy the warm embrace of traditional Italian hospitality as you dine on classic Italian cuisine presented with contemporary style. Savor the vitality of food made with the freshest ingredients, and the vibrant and inviting atmosphere that brings out the true flavor of Italy. The perfect setting for a business lunch or dinner with friends paired with a superior selection from the wine list.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Definitely a good restaurant but not worth what you pay for (even at lunch). I ordered a chicken salad and some gnocchi. The salad was fine but not outstanding: original recipe but the execution could be improved. Same for the gnocchi: good sauce but gnocchi were overcooked. Overall food was good but did not impress me, something you would expect considering what you pay for.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Wonderful decor and service, but the food was quite painfully average. I say painful, because of its price. I had the tagliolini, and it arrived before me looking and tasting like chinese noodles in ketchup.

I might just never visit again.

Service was good though. They had a true blue Italian maitre'd to make customers feel premium. I was amazed, but not amazed enough to forget the atrocity that they placed before me.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Service was really really good, food really tasty, but it is quite expensive, 140¥ for carbonara pasta (17€-20$) it is way too much. Still it is located in thé Regent Hôtel, very luxury place and it is a nice restaurant. I would still recommend.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Went to Daccapo the other day for lunch. Beautiful deco with a warm feel to it. We asked the chef to create an individual 4-course menu. Wow, and I mean wow. The food blew us away. Flavors, textures and presentation were spot on. Of all places I have tried, Daccapo serves THE best Italian cuisine in Beijing. Service was attentive and friendly. The manager gave us a fantastic wine recommendation. Will be back!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We found this lovely little restaurant which was right next door to our hotel and is located in the Regency hotel. It was a nice change from the local fair. I had the caprese salad which was delicious and the spaghetti bolognese which was also very good. It was a great evening out.