“Excellent Beijing tour guide: Daphne Chen” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daphne Chen Tours- Day Tour

Daphne Chen Tours- Day Tour
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Beijing tour guide: Daphne Chen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My friend and I needed a tour guide in Beijing for 3 days and we were very lucky to have Daphne as our tour guide. She was prompt, engaging, professional yet very friendly over e-mail. She was extremely accommodating in the tour details and made sure my friend and I were comfortable w/ everything before we even agreed to work w/ each other. She is extremely detailed and organized.

Whatever fears I may have had about being in a foreign country was immediately alleviated when we met Daphne. She treated us like good friends. Her English is excellent and she is witty in her humor and explanations. My friend and I had a great time.

What I liked most was that she was extremely accommodating. She was constantly checking in w/ us to make sure we were having a good time. If we wanted to make changes to the schedule, she was more than willing to ensure we had the best experience possible. If there were things she weren't sure about, she went out of her way to do the research for us and give us the best options. I can't say enough about that kind of service and attention.

If you're looking for a tour guide in Beijing, look no further and book w/ Daphne right away. She is constantly in demand (and rightfully so) and you'll be remiss to miss an opportunity to tour beautiful Beijing w/ such an intelligent, humorous and kind person like Daphne.

Have a great time in Beijing!

• Polish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Daphne, you are the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Looking for (and trusting) someone to guide you in a foreign city/country, especially over the web, can be very worrisome! We were truly blessed when we took that leap of faith, found Daphne and were able to thoroughly enjoyed our time in Beijing with her by our side each day! :-D What impressed us the most about Daphne were her sense of humor, her honesty, helpfulness, her vast knowledge of Beijng and last but not least, her extreme flexibility! When we had a last minute change to our itinerary in Beijing which was being cut short, Daphne not only somehow figured out a way to fit everything we wanted to see in the remaining time, but we never felt rushed even though our days were packed pretty tight! She's an amazing tour guide who is very thoughtful in everything she did for us.

She really does go out of her way to ensure our first time vacationing in Beijing would be a perfect one, even down to the last minute that we had with her, when she not only took us to the high speed train station to our next destination (Shanghai), she even took the time to walk us all the way to the right gate to ensure we don't get lost in that vast train station! Wow! We couldn't ask for more!

When we described Beijing to our friends and family at home, the first picture that came to our mind of Beijing is Daphne and her witty and fun ways she showed us this city. We would definitely recommend Daphne Chen, this trustworthy private tour guide with a great sense of humor who will ensure your time in Beijing will be fun, wonderful and very memorable! From the bottom of our heart, thank you Daphne! Lan & Michael :-D

Denver, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Thanks Pau”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were met by Pau upon our arrival at 6:30 a.m. to go directly to the Great Wall. From there we spent three days with him seeing all of the sights we planned on seeing, eating at non-touristy restaurants, and generally learning about life in Beijing and China. He was very informative. His english is quite good, and he is a pleasure to be with. Each time we wished to modify the tour, he was very accomodating and understanding. I would use Pau and Daphne again in a hearbeat! I recommend them highly. Thanks Pau!

NJ
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Like Traveling with a Friend - Daphne's a fabulous guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

From the moment that I contacted Daphne, I knew that Daphne was going to be a fabulous guide for our three days in Beijing. Daphne proposed an itinerary based upon our interests. Daphne's attention to details impressed me so I chose Daphne to be our guide.

Daphne is very likable, personable, has a great sense of humor, and is extremely knowledgeable about Beijing. She also went out of her way to please us. Daphne handled all of the details of our trip , including selecting some great restaurants for lunch. Also, the drivers and cars that she provided were great as well.
Susan

Without a doubt, I would recommend Daphne if you are looking for an excellent English speaking guide that is reliable and fun to be with! She made our trip to Beijing memorable. We felt like we were traveling with a friend.

Visited January 2013
San Salvador
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Private Guide in Beijing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I just spent 4 great days in beautiful and huge Beijing, having contacted Daphne Chen a private guide that has now become a good friend. We booked 4 days with Daphne that included airport transfers in a nice black Town Car, with a very nice driver, also we arranged all the visits to historic places, including the Great Wall, which is outside Beijing. Our style is to explore on our own, get involved with locals, enjoy some great local food, and Daphne took all these aspects into consideration. Her and Pau her partner are both very professional, they have their Certifications as Guides, which the have to renew on a yearly basis, after updating courses and tough exams. Also their english is very good, so we got all the information in detail at every place we visited. The 1st day we wanted to explore the most centric locations of Beijing by Metro, taxis and buses, so we get to see the real life of Beijiners. Daphne not only was so patient with the huge crowds during the rush hours, but was always very funny, she has a great sense of humor. The other days, we used the driver, which is my recommendation, since catching a taxi in Beijing may be an odyssey of hours, without success, which may incur in a lot of time waisting. We enjoyed the heavy traffic hours of Beijing very comfortable sitting back and relaxed, even taking very repairing naps. I hope to be back in Beijing in a near future, continue exploring this fascinating city, full of culture, great food and entertainment, without doubt with the company of our good friends Daphne and Pau. Her email is: daphnechentour@gmail.com

Visited December 2012