“Excellent Dim Sum in Beijing”

Fulinmen YuChi Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1,928 of 12,772 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Guomao
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Cantonese chef created beautiful and delicious dim sum for us. Everything was excellent and the staff was especially good. The Opposite House hotel couldn't get their act together and confirm a reservation for us, but upon arrival, the manager seated us quickly because there was a cancellation. I will be back! Oh...and the egg tart was freshly baked, flaky and delicious. Perfection.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Fook Lam Moon at the China World Summit Wing is not cheap. In fact, it is rather expensive - but for good value. Every time I travelled to Beijing, I could not help visiting it at least once, for dim sum lunch, or dinner - solo, with family, or for entertaining business associates with a view to impressing them. The freshness of its ingredients and the skilful ways the dishes were designed, prepared and cooked never failed to add interesting talking points and merriness around the table. Its managers Tom Tong and Steven Sun were always courteous and polite - offering good advice on selection of dishes for the occasion. Unlike other restaurants billed as "excellent" or "top class", Fook Lam Moon keeps a low profile, relying instead of words of mouth to attract new patronage. Hosts and their guests can enjoy their food, drink, and social interaction here just like a "members only private club", served by a well trained discreet staff.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Dined while staying in the hotel.
Good menu, seemed fresh and good quality produce, tasty. But to be honest I have to say I did not notice a difference between the food served here and the food served in any one of a number of similar 'very good' restaurants - however the price was at least double.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Four of us ate here on the recommendation of our concierge. We wanted a good, quality Chinese restaurant, which is what we got. For the price, I found the value somewhat lacking - I have had meals as good for considerably less. The menu is extensive, and the service is attentive and helpful. We had an interesting selection of food, all of which was tasty and well-prepared, but I was waiting for that special something that distinguishes a restaurant that has two Michelin stars.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

So far the best Cantonese Restaurant in town! The Dim Sum here is of excellent quality and I haven't found a better place yet. As mentioned by others - it is not cheap, but good quality food and good service in Beijing is a rare combination. The setting is a bit formal, never dined in the private rooms, just in the main area (small - so make sure you make reservations).