- Phantastic view from the 79th floor of Beijing World Trade Centre
- Surprisingly relaxed atmosphere and service at lunch time (dont know about dinner). Given the hotel's brand and the location, I was afraid of a very formal atmosphere, but both the guests and the waiters pleasantly "normal", guests just enjoying the food and the view. You do not feel uncomfortable when not too dressed up. Some families with kids, some "girls-lunch-out" treating themselves, some "fine lunchers" (couples, red wine), some business lunchers debating.
- not crowded, so still pleasantly quiet.
- Excellent European-style cuisine and quite inexpensive for the value provided: Choice of I think 8 or 9 three to four set menus from Y215 to Y390. I had an excellent duck (medium-well, I loved the crust!) with some creative pumpkin puerree and couscous, my wife's scallop risotto was equally delicious. We both loved the (big) salads served as starters (mine with prosciutto pieces, my wifes with smoked salmon). Desserts (sorbet; chocolate and cream mousse) were good, not outstanding though.
- portions are just right for lunch, but not too filling (my wife (52kg) could almost finish all of her three courses, and I (90 kg) was very satisfied with them.
- Service is friendly, attentive and prompt, pleasantly unobtrusive
- can be quick if you ask them to be so (we only had an hour, and everything worked out perfectly).
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.