“Great experience with good tour guides!”

Tour-Beijing-Day Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
$100.00*
and up
Private Half-Day Mutianyu Great Wall Tour including Round Way Cable Car or...
Ranked #5 of 372 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour-Beijing is a real tour company offering various day tours operated and owned by Beijing Champagne International Travel Service officially registered at Beijing Tourism Administration with License NO. L-BJ-GJ01220.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great experience with good tour guides!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked 3 separate tours when we were in Beijing. We travelled in a family of 3.

1) Mutianyu Great Wall + Ming Tomb bus tour

For this tour, we were the only customer so we had a tour guide (Candy) and a driver and a van all to ourself. We paid for a bus tour but got something like a private tour. Candy was great. She contacted us the night before the tour to inform us about the arrangement the following morning. She was very punctual and explained to us history of the Ming tomb and also of the Great Wall. Lunch provided was simple but very tasty - we were surprised as we are fussy diners. Hats off to the tour company for running the tour even though we were the only customer.

2) Beijing Classic Bus tour

We had Candy as our guide as well. This time we had another person joined the tour. So it was like 4 in a van. Candy took us to all the "must sees" in the city as per itinerary and explained the history and significance of each sight. On both days, Candy also helped us to take many family photos.

As part of the the tour package, we were brought to a medicine shop and given a free foot massage (30 minutes). During this time, Chinese "doctors/professors" came and did a pulse reading and gave us a diagnosis of what's wrong and try to sell you exorbitantly priced "medicine". It felt like a scam as the "doctors / professors" seem to focus only on me (they probably sense I am the decision maker) and the other customer. My son and wife was ignored. So the 30 minutes is just about sufficient time for them to sell you something - this is the part of the tour that I didn't feel comfortable and the foot massage was nothing to shout about (had much better ones elsewhere).

3) Beijing Nanshan Ski Resort Day tour
We had a new guide, Kevin, for this tour. Everything is as per itinerary. Lunch was simple but good - apparently cuisine is that of Noth Eastern China. As usual, the guide informed us about the arrangements the night before the tour. And they were punctual with time and Kevin took care of all ticketing and the "processes - getting ski suits, boots, locker keys, skis, etc".

Overall, we are happy with this tour company and will use them again when we go to China. Booking was easy - done online and via emails. Queennie (sales manager) provides fast response to enquiries - usually within a few hours.

We will not hessitate to recommend them to our friends.

Visited December 2012
Bigfish62, General Manager at Tour-Beijing-Day Tour, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Hello Holiday-lah, glad that you are happy with your travel experience in Beijing using our travel service (Tour Beijing). Your positive feedback encourages us to do a better a job. We'll minimize the shopping on the bus tours. Hopefully we have opportunitied to serve you again!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wenatchee, Washington
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Beijing Xinhua Tours Went Above & Beyond Numerous Times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We took the Beijing Tour #4C and the Xian Train/Fly tour in October, 2012. Almost everything was outstanding, and what wasn't outstanding was beyond their control.
First, our Beijing guide, Echo, was fantastic. She spoke good English, knew plenty about the sites as well as the culture in general, and was very pleasant to be with for 3 days! Our driver, Jian (I think that was his name), was great as well -- very professional, didn't talk a lot but was super-reliable and friendly. Our 10-year-old daughter felt totally comfortable with them and bonded with Echo.
The sites we saw were Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Drum Tower, Hutongs & Hou Hai district incl Pedicab ride, Summer Palace, Ming Tombs, Great Wall at Mutianyu, and a look around the Olympic stadium (outside only). There was so much walking and the sites were very crowded -- I will review each one separately, but as for the tour, Echo made sure we were comfortable, fed and rested for each site. The food was plentiful and tasty, and she made extra sure my husband's allergies were catered to -- we felt very safe. The shopping was low key -- very little pressure to buy, and some education at each stop (silk factory, jade factory and cloisonne factory). The kung fu show was fun. Our hotel -- the Crowne Plaza off of Wangfujing, was much nicer than we had expected -- comfortable beds, extensice breakfast, great shower and pretty quiet.
In Xi'an we saw the Warriors, the City Wall and the Muslim Market. Spring was our guide and she was full of information and energy. She took us to the most beautiful hotel bathroom when we arrived on the overnight train -- really you had to be there to understand the relief! (More on the train later). Spring kept us on a tight schedule but made it all fun. We recommend taking all the time you can on the Wall -- it's beautiful and really historic. Of course the Warriors were a highlight. The Market, I would skip.
When we returned to Beijing, Echo helped us out on her own time, by arranging tickets to an acrobat show and not only escorting us there but also waiting until we were done, helping us take a city bus rather than a cab, and taking us to a beautiful walking street south of Tiananmen where we could have a nice dinner. Her wonderful guiding on our first leg gave us the confidence to spend our 2 extra days exploring on our own, wandering around, using the subway, and taking time to return to the hutongs which were so enjoyable.
The worst part of the trip was the overnight train from Beijing to Xi'an. We did not expect it to be luxorious but it was very uncomfortable (even though we got a sleeping compartment) and the bathroom was beyond disgusting. We are seasoned travelers and had no problem with the squat toilets in most places, but the train bathroom was so awful, even within half an hour of boarding, that we just "held it" all night long. The other glitch was when we flew back from Xi'an our driver was supposed to meet us but didn't show up. We were able to find Queenie (our tour office contact) by phone (late on a Sunday) and she tracked him down -- turns out there was terrible fog and accidents on the highway and he had no way of calling us directly to let us know. He was terribly apologetic when he got there and it all turned out fine.
Bottom line, I highly recommend Beijing Xinhua Tours! Also, I would highly recommend visiting Beijing in October -- we were there just after the National Day on the 10th, and before the very end of the month when the weather starts to turn cold.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank me103
Hello Me103, thanks for choosing our tour company to arrange your Beijing and Xian tour. You are much appreciated for your valuable time writing the long trip review! I'm sorry for the glitch regarding the overnight train from Beijing to Xi'an. In future we should offer more information on the the bathroom in advance and try to do something to fix the problem. I'm also sorry for the no show on the part of our driver due to the so called "fog". No excuse! We should check the weather report constantly and offer better service to our clients. Thanks again for your review, which will improve our future work definitely!
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I booked a 2 Day Nanshan Ski Village tour with Linda on 24th to 25th Dec 2012. I am very happy with the service. She took the trouble to call me in Malaysia to remind me of the pick up point. Oliver the guide is very friendly and full of information..He arranged everything for my skiing convenient, even encouraged me to hire an instructor on the first day...I am glad I did. He also attentive and respectful of my dos and don't‘s as a Muslim.
It is lovely...the special service, friendly Linda and Oliver, the beautiful cozy cabin, snow, my dream skiing experience.......

Thank you.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“A fantastic weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I just wanted to thank you for a great weekend in Xi An. The tour was very interesting and informative, the food was excellent and plentiful and we ate too much. The show was also very enjoyable, better than the one we saw in Shanghai. Both your drivers and Katie were fantastic. They were all very helpful, punctual, informative and caring, which made the weekend a great success for my wife and I.

Best regards and many thanks for a fantastic weekend.

Male
3 attraction reviews
“a Beijing-er and good memories of the Great Wall of China!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our family just came home late last night from Beijing.we booked from Malaysia for a holiday. Our family of 4 included grandmother who is 79 yrs old and Pixiu boy who is 12 yrs. our Chinese guide is a fine young like able 24 yrs old Xu Chen, a Beijing-er with the Beijing Friendship travels tour agency.He makes great efforts to make our trip so memorable. Handsome and youthful he is sensitive to grandmother and is ever patient and thoughtful. Our son is comfortable with him.We will never forget Xu Chen and our driver master Shi fu ( a descendent from Shi Huang ti who looks like Jacky Chan) who took us around with care. Lim Family Malaysia