“Great way to see Beijing highlights”

Beijing Private Tours By Jessie
Ranked #3 of 380 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Choosing the right vacation spot is an important decision. Choosing the right tour guide is an even bigger decision. Don't leave your vacation to chance, choose Jessie. She is a Licensed English speaking Tour Guide in Beijing.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great way to see Beijing highlights”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Lisa was a knowledgeable and personable guide, who showed me the Great Wall, Tiananmen square and the forbidden city. A one person private tour is not cheap, but for a business traveller who unexpectedly had a free day in a Beijing, it was an excellent way to go. I would recommend Lisa to others wholeheartedly.

3 Thank Betsy V

• Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful Jessie”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had 2 days tour with Jessie while visiting Beijing with my family.From the very start,she was always easy to reach by email,and she was always on time.She is a very nice,sincere and knowledgeable lady.She also speaks perfect English.She was always patient,friendly and the kids loves her.Beijing is a huge city.Jessie makes it easy for us to explore Beijing with the kids,especially during winter when the temperature was quite cold for the kids.She takes us to reasonable and delicious local restaurants for lunch.Her driver is also very polite and she provide us with a comfortable van during the tour.Jessie even helped us to take photos on the great wall,which came out to be fantastic.We wish to see her again when we visit Beijing some other time.We had a wonderful stay in Beijing because of our wonderful Jessie.Thanks Jessie.

2 Thank Adinda-Dhewiyani
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sensational Day Trip!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

After a good recommendation from a colleague. Jessie did not dissappoint. Easy to organise, on time, and flexible to our needs. We saw many sites of Beijing including the Great Wall in a day. Our tour was comfortable and Jessie was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. A very friendly person who I hope to meet again for another tour of other Beijing attractions. Jessies English is also outstanding...What a trip!...Thanks Jessie.

2 Thank Trevor H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

You will get no better experience. I booked one day prior and she arrived promptly as promised. Driver was professional in newer model van. Went to great wall and summer palace. Jessie knew all the great tid bits and facts. Went to awesome local restaurant for lunch. Don't get ripped off by other agencies. I was all in about 1600 RMB or $270 (USD) for private tour guide and personal driver. By the way, when in beijing always get a price upfront on everything.

3 Thank Ben S
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lisa made all the difference.”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Using TripAdvisor, my wife and I stumbled upon reviews for a tour guide named Lisa. All of them were glowing, so we went ahead and booked her for 3 days during our family trip to Beijing.

With our three teenage children in tow we were met by a very amiable, friendly, enthusiastic and intelligent woman who was excited to show us the sights of her city. Lisa was calm and thoughtful, never once pressuring us. She hiked as far along the Great wall as we wanted, changed plans as wished during the day, and had enormous patience with me as I lagged far behind to take pictures of every little thing. No timetable set in stone except our own.

All of Beijing's hot tourist sites and a few hidden gems were enhanced by Lisa's insightful information on the locations, their history, and the every-day lives of the Chinese people. It was a joy conversing with her during walks around city monuments and over meals at the quality restaurants she brought us to. Visiting the Temple of Heaven was one of the highlights of the trip only because Lisa was a local. The vans she provided to drive us around the city were always dependable and comfortable.

We have been around and I had never thought of a guided tour (especially a group one) but the with the small amount of time we had along with the size and complexity of the city made me go with her. It could not have been a better decision.

My Daughters, Julia and Gabby, and son Nicholas learned more about China with Lisa then they did in all their time in school.

I could not recommend Lisa more. Your trip will be even better with her to help you explore the great city of Beijing.

Visited November 2013