“Gorgeous hotel!”

Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel
Ranked #27 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were on a tour of China with a group. We stayed at several different hotels. This was by far the very best! Very nice rooms and super breakfast buffet with both Chinese and Western food. Just about anything you could want was on the buffet from delicious smoked salmon & sushi to omelets made to order, wonderful selection of fruit, pastries of all sorts, etc, etc. I could go on all day . Good location too. Stay here if you visit Beijing!

Room Tip: Ask to be sure you don't get on a smoking floor unless you are a smoker!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank magnoliagem
Sheraton Dongch... B, Hotel Management Team at Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear reviewer,
We are delighted to know you had a wonderful experience at Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel and your satisfaction is the biggest recognition for our associates.
We all look forward to your return so that we can create another memorable experience with you.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very impressed with this first stop in China. Accomodations, meeting space, catered food, all well above average. Buffet breakfast was fantastic, too. Rooms are great but tub too small (my only compliant) for average size person. Great beds, nice park adjacent for early walk/run, Starbuck next door, street vendors around park. Well done here!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank butlrdidit

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a note of compliments for our Hotel. It is our commitment to provide the best accommodation experience to our guest and we are very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
We sincerely look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here as part of a tour. The hotel was great. It is located well, has large rooms, fantastic breakfast buffet with at least 9 stations (Western and Chinese food), check-in and check-out flawless. This is an outstanding hotel. We all wanted to stay just for the breakfast

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank wiself
Ross G, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for sharing your pleasant experiences and recommendation with us and others on Trip Advisor.
We are happy to hear that our hotel facilities and services added to your comfort. It is further delightful to hear that the breakfast buffet at our signature restaurant Feast left you with good impressions.
Thank you again and we would look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very nice location, close to Olympic village and airport, short taxi to Gui Jie and Tiananmen Square. Staff very friendly and informative, was able to answer all of my dumb tourist questions with professionalism and enthusiasm. Will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Austin B
Ross G, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your kind comments and we are delighted that you had a great stay at our hotel. Your positive feedback will further encourage us to continue to improve our service levels. Thank you again for sharing and our hotel team look forward to being of service to you again in the future should your travels bring you back to Beijing. Be Well!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Good location (30 mins from the airport), excellent rooms which are large and very well appointed. The restaurant serving Chinese food was exceptionally good and the buffet restaurant has a truly complete selection of food of a high quality and presentation.
Staff are efficient if not warm and friendly but that is normal in China.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank royvocking

Dear reviewer, thank you for sharing your experience on your stay with us at Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and services.
Your kind words have been passed along to our associates as a great reminder of the quality of service we aim to provide to our guests everyday.
Thank you again for choosing The Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is my second visit to this hotel. It was a year ago that I was here when it was brand new. Seems like more people have found this gem - there seem to be many more people here. Rooms are still very quiet and bed is comfortable. Front desk and help are great. Breakfast is a wonderful buffet. I highly recommend it. Taxi drivers may have trouble finding it - I had the phone number and indicted to call and see where the hotel is located - this worked great!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ryanpeg
Ross G, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for choosing our hotel again this year and also for sharing your pleasant experience at Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed your breakfast experience at our venues.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and once again, thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I like Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel. It has very similar design as at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel. From our room, I can see the bird nest in distance with a great view. The room is clean, large, and beautiful. The bed is very comfortable. It was our last night of the China trip. We just wanted a good sleep in a familiar environment before a long flight home. The hotel is on the north third ring road, and it can be convenience to drive to anywhere. However, it may not be easy to get a taxi in Beijing so please take extra time to wait for taxi. Unless you are young and healthy, I do not recommend metro or other public transportation in Beijing because it is too crowded. This hotel just opened one year ago. I think they need more training for their staffs. I had a problem with lost passport in China so I need to pick up a new vise on my replaced passport from Entry/Exit Department before my departure from China. I know that the Entry/Exit Department requires temporary resident certificate from my previous visit. When I checked in the hotel, I had requested it, but I was told to get it when I check out. When I check out, the staff told me that she did not know how to do it and asked me to wait for other staff. The second staff disappeared for 15-20 minute after she talked with me. I did not have time to wait longer so I decided to leave without the certificate to try my luck instead to be late for my departure. The Front Office Manager Cindy Xing came out and told me that I should require it when I checked in. I told her that I did, but I was told to get it when I checked out. Therefore, she asked staff to quickly get the certificate for me. Regardless the problem, I still like Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel. I think, with training and time, their staffs will be more familiar with their business. I will stay in this hotel again if I go to Beijing.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel with us on Trip Advisor.
It is great to hear that our services and facilities to your comfort and left you with good impressions.
At the same time we regret to hear that your passport issue was inconsistent and certainly our Front desk team will benefit from your comments and focus on these areas for further improvement.
Thank you again for sharing your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Stay well,