“Steak and mashed potatoes. ”
Review of BLEU MARINE

BLEU MARINE
Ranked #33 of 12,698 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: European, Danish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Guomao
Description: Best Meatballs in Beijing. Near Silk market. The Danish owner is the best Restaurant host I have ever met. Likes to talk to the guests. I DO miss Danish food sometimes when in Beijing
“Steak and mashed potatoes. ”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Been here a few times this month. As other reviewers days, it's a nice place to be. The menu isn't huge, but it does the job. Steaks seem to be very popular, which says more about the customers than the restaurant.

Try the smørrebrod, which are open sandwiches. Makes a nice change. If it rains, delay departure using the chocolate cake. Goes well with the owner's special coffee.

Tip: sit by the window with a steak and a glass of wine, headphones on.

1 Thank Hippodribble

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Pensacola, Florida
“Delicious”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Food was great and the owner was nice to talk to as well! Thanks for the food and atmosphere. My chinese girlfriend really liked the tomato soup and bread with garlic butter and gave me most of her steak, so I was even more excited.

Hannover, Germany
“I will pass it again in future”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We often pass this Restaurant ,, Blue Marine `` so one day I checked it on Tripadvisor and thought I give it an try for lunch. Like you can see on the pictures it´s a small place but if you are there you will see it´s an old place too. In my opinion this restaurant passed it best days. But who cares, Blue Marine is just opposite the Silk Market so if you are looking for Western food in this part off the city you may try out Blue Marine. Because it´s small so it will be full very easy so I guess they don´t bother to change anything.
I tried out the Tenderloin Steak Medium for 130 RMB. You can see it on the picture what I will upload. It´s been cooked nicely but you can´t expect that they rest the meat or put it into form. I had a part of the tenderloins head and it´s tasted like the local meat. The pepper corn sauce tasted like thick cream with white pepper corn powder.
At the End its just average here, I really believe that it was a good restaurant but now it´s just daily average busyness. Now there so many new restaurants in Beijing where you can get western food with better food and even price.

• Visited June 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Wonderful dinner and atmosphere!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I ate at Bleu Marine last night with 5 friends and had a truly wonderful experience! The restaurant is cozy, quiet (that's a premium in China) and inviting, and the staff is very attentive. My wife and I started with two appetizers, french onion soup and deep fried cheese with walnuts. The soup was very good although a different style than what we're used to, not much cheese on the top layer. The fried cheese was excellent, very unique taste and we enjoyed it very much!

We ordered the steaks for our main course and it was by far the best steak we've had in 3 years living in China! We're from the US and live close to Shanghai currently, and this steak was on par with the better US restaurants. Tender, flavorful, cooked to perfection, served with a small salad and mashed potatoes, and we cleaned our plates completely. The owner showed up soon after and I mentioned that I'd read about some home-made plum wine on Trip Advisor, he gladly shared some of his delicious brew and coyly asked if there was anything else I'd read about. I hadn't but he produced some of his special "coffee" for us to try, damn it was good and the perfect topping to our evening!

I highly recommend this restaurant for a nice evening out with friends or romantic dinner. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our dinner, go and you won't be disappointed!

• Visited December 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Great steak”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Steak is excellent, good service at a good price. A bit small so sometimes you can't get a table. Owner is very friendly and will chat with guests. Good location across from the silk market.

Visited March 2014