“Cool Place, Huge Pizzas!”
Review of The Kro's Nest

The Kro's Nest
Ranked #184 of 12,698 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Yansha
Peoria, Illinois
“Cool Place, Huge Pizzas!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This place is pretty decent. It is within walking distance of several hotels in the Chaoyang district of Beijing. The food is decent and they have quite a good selection of beers and spirits. It is a party type atmosphere that's dark and has loud music.....A very hipster type place. The menu conveys that the place has a bit of attitude, but the staff are generally pretty nice, although they have very limited English ability.

This is an American style pizza. They pay homage to quite a few traditional American pies, but let me tell you the pizzas are huge. It does not cater very well to a lone traveler. You are better off taking several people there if you want pizza. You can (and I have) get most of the pizzas in a roll, which is like a calzone, and they also have wings and some appetizer pizzas, but they are pretty inflexible on which ones you get. The food is very good. I highly recommend it and try to visit the place when I go to Beijing........

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
“Very good if you want american pizza”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Massive sized pizza. If you want to eat a lot this is the place for you.
Clean, organized, but very fatty and greasy.
Very nice to eat once in a while.

• Visited August 2013
Davenport, IA
“Great Pizza & Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I've been to the Kro's Nest three times and enjoyed some good pizza and beer on each visit. Their portions are big, so if you are from the US like me, order one size below what you would normally order! I really enjoyed the huge space and atmosphere of this place, and would definitely return if I'm in the area again! It is within walking distance to both the Marriott Northeast and Rennaisance Chaoyang locations.

• Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“NY style pizza in China”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went with family for dinner. Was very impressed with Kro's Nest. The pizza is NY style and size. Kro's Nest was a memorable oasis of authentic pizza with NY portions in the otherwise "Dijorno pizza" mediocrity that passes as pizza culture across China. The prices are very reasonable and their italian dishes just as authentic and tasty! Highly recommend if you want real pizza in Beijing. I wish I could have taken a few pies with me back to Guiyang on the flight.

Visited May 2013
Luoyang
“Unbelievable Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have been eating at Kro's Nest for about two years now and have never been disappointed. The pizza is perhaps the best I've ever had (and that is strange that I had to come to Beijing, China for that honor) and I've yet to find anything on the menu (including its choice of beers) that hasn't left me hungry to return.

The only reason I didn't give this restaurant five stars is because the service can be iffy. When you are first seated, it is up to you to call the waiter instead of having a member of the waitstaff greet you and offer an appetizer or drink order. With the amount of people to serve, that means that getting your order in can be a task - the last thing I want when I am hungry. That aside, when you do order, the food usually arrives quickly and is, of course, AMAZING.

I will go back again and again as long as I am in Beijing.

• Visited July 2013

Been to The Kro's Nest? Share your experiences!