I stayed here for 2 nights (my last 2 nights in Beijing).
I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a more "authentic" Beijing stay and don't mind roughing it a bit.
1. The rooms were small and had enough space for bed and no armoirs so we pretty much lived out of our suitcase
2. Privacy is limited as each room lets out onto the internal courtyard and the feel is more of a dormitory stay more than.
3. The bathroom was run-down and a bit dirty by normal standards, but considering the place is in the traditional section of the city, it was above-par to neighborhood standards
1. Staff was very helpful - even more helpful than staff at 5 star hotels we stayed at. The place offered tours though am not sure how effective as we didn't get to take advantage of them.
2. The place was simply charming in an odd way.
3. Breakfast was good and there was some slight variation in choice
4. The location was excellent - 8 minute walk from Temple of Confucius; 15-20 minute (nice) walk from the Drum Tower; 10 minute walk from shopping streets (get ready to haggle and see the same shops over and over again - a nit of a minus for me)
Overall I would reccommend this hotel for those who don't mind the no-frill take on accommodation and for those who like their swimming pool and 5 star conveniences - at least try it for a few nights like we did. It is worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in Beijing, a city with a unique history and a magical aura about it. Imperial Courtyard, an 18th Century courtyard, having been totally renovated to the highest standards, now combines the beauty of the past with the comforts of today and offers the perfect environment for its guests relaxation and is the ideal accommodation for a “get away from it all” visit to historical and traditional Beijing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Imperial Courtyard Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Courtyard Hotel Beijing