“Went twice - totally worth it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Great Wall of China Small Group Day Trip from Beijing
Ranked #62 of 373 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Beijing Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Beijing . They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Beijing . A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Went twice - totally worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

A friend of ours recommended Urban Adventure for the Great Wall (and at all cost avoid badaling) and our guide Casper did an amazing job showing us around. It had snowed the day before, making the view truly incredible, and we ended up having the wall all for ourselves in the morning. The meal was nice and the foot massage was incredible (almost an hour long!)

The next day, we had the chance to be showed around by Li Chi in the Forbidden City, Tian an Men Square and the Temple of Heaven. Her guiding was excellent, and I was very happy about the answers I got to many many questions. Two amazing days!

1 Thank janoffrance

Derby, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing tour and brilliant guide Linda Li”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I went on two tours in Beijing, both with Linda. The first day was spent taking in all the sights of Beijing, including Temple of Heaven Park, Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. Linda was incredibly helpful and definitely made the experience even more enjoyable. As I was the only person on the tour I was able to ask many questions and my guide was very knowledgeable. Linda also accompanied our group to the Great Wall the following day and was just as helpful as the previous day. She was also very flexible in allowing us to include some extra activities during the day. I had a fantastic time on my two tours and am very grateful for all of Linda's help during my time in Beijing.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank 152globetrotter85
Beijing
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An Amazing Day - Great Wall at Mutianyu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The day was incredible, Kevin (tour guide) made the trip more enjoyable with his engaging personality, knowledge and helpfulness:-). The amount of time for walking the 1000 steps and exploring the sections of the wall was perfect as it gave all our party flexibility:-)
Outstanding service and highly recommend the tour. The one thing that we would suggest to improve, on otherwise brilliant day, would be collection from our hotel for the early morning start....rather than having to <find> walk to meeting point.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Nella101
Maryland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beijing Great Wall tour with Linda Li”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had Linda Li take us to the Mutianyu Great Wall of China. It was so cold and she was very flexible with how long we stayed and fortunately we were the only ones on the tour so we took pictures and tried not to fall on the icy pathway. We loved seeing the wall with the snow but the ice made it impossible to "walk" as we had hoped we could. It would be wonderful to really hike on it some day. BUT there were only a few others there and we have clear pictures without tourists in them. We also went to a tea house, had a great foot massage, and great Chinese lunch. After the tour Linda arranged for us to see the Acrobatic show and got us there and in the 3rd row! We had a wonderful day despite the freezing temperatures! Thank you so much for being so sweet, knowledgeable and attentive to us all day!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank marylandtravelers2
Busan, South Korea
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Bad start but made up for it in the end.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I arrived to go on my trip at 6:30 to see an empty lobby. A second couple arrived a few minutes after me and together, we waited for 2 hours for someone from UA to show up and bring us on our trip. After two calls (first one said that maybe someone would come), the second one they said that they left at 6:30 with two people out of five to go on the trip. Why would they leave knowing that three people were not there yet, especially since I was not late? It was unprofessional and inconsiderate.

However, once our guide/van arrived, we were off. On the way, our guide explained a brief history on China and the uses of the Great Wall. He answered all my questions sufficiently and was very welcoming. When we arrived there, we began our walk up to Mutian yu. It snowed recently so the sights were amazing. Our guide walked us up part of the wall and explained the restored parts vs. the unrestored parts. The absolute best part that made the trip extra special, was when he took us to the unrestored parts. It felt much more real, I now wish that I chose a different section of the wall that wasn't restored. He offered to take pictures, helped with parts that were slippery, and gave great information. After about 2 hours, he brought us to the central part and explained where we would meet and we had a free hour to explore to ourselves.

After that was lunch and we went to a nice restaurant with good Chinese food (broccoli, egg/tomato, kung pao chicken, dumplings, rice) and then our foot massage. The foot massage was very nice at the end.

Overall, good trip. Though if the beginning didn't start off so badly, it would have been fantastic. It gives you a little teaser taste of the Great Wall. Really inspires me to go to unrestored sections like Jiankou.

Visited December 2012