“Tidiest hotel room, ever!”

Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen
Ranked #47 of 6,556 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was my first trip ever to China and was a bit apprehensive on what to expect from their hotels. This prompted my choice of Holiday Inn Express, a brand I am familiar with.
I arrived Beijing on the evening of October 11th. Check-in was quick and convenient since I was tired and wanted to take a shower.
Upon arrival in my room, I was speechless on how tidy and clean it was. Beautiful! The view from the 15th floor was nice too. There were over 8 English channels on the TV.
The water pressure in the shower was great.
I was so comfortable and at home in this hotel. The breakfast buffet was adequate and the staff were quite accommodating and helpful. One front desk staff, on my arrival night, was so helpful, she walked me halfway to point out a good restaurant for me, knowing it was my first visit to China.
The hotel is about 20 minute walk to Sanlitun shopping district, and restaurants litter the neighborhood, so you can have your pick.
I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Beijing as the neighborhood is upscale and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank egie29
victor f, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express brand is know for good facilities and very reasonable prices throughout China. This one is one of the best. It is VERY close to the subway station- a five minute walk at most. There is a small convenience store IN the hotel. While the front desk workers don't have the best English, the gentleman who works arranging tours has excellent English and is very helpful. Also- the breakfast buffet is excellent and has plenty of seating room. (Some HIE's are infamous for their crowded breakfasts.) I will be coming back to Beijing in May 2014 and plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a beautiful view of the Olympic Park. Rooms on the sixth floor also have qui...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen.Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our quality even further as we hope to exceed over and beyond our guest expectations. As you mentioned we will keep on training our staff's English and corrective actions have been taken. Thank you once again, we look very much forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had a nice no-bother no fuss 3-nights stay. Good location (Direct airport express train & 12m walk/tuk-tuk ride away from Dongzhimen station), Efficient & clean property with choice of pillows and not so bad WiFi. Interesting classy F&B options nearby. Recommended if you can snag it in the RMB 500ish range.

A request to hotel management: How about having alternate menu choices for the morning breakfast? Like different eggs, different meat, etc. It does get repetitive if you stay there any longer than 3 days.

Room Tip: Opt for higher floors facing the garden if you like it quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank INSUKA
victor f, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen. Feedback like yours is very valuable to us and enables us tomonitor our standards.And as your feedback, we have already improve our breakfast again from Noverber. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.Thank you!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. I arrived at 9am in the morning and was given a room after waiting for 30 minutes which was fine by me. Hotel is centrally located within a 10 minute walk to Dongshishiqiao station on Line 2, and also within walking distance from the Sanlitun bars and Dongzhimen Airport Express. As a Holiday Inn Express, breakfast and internet was included in the room rate which I appreciate, and room was just like any other Holiday Inn Expresses with a decently sized room (20-22 square metres) and standing shower. The only thing which lets down the entire experience was the housekeeping service. I used 1 of the mugs for my Vitamin C effervescent drink, and the other to hold my opened pack of Oreos after my first night, before heading out of the hotel. When I returned, I noticed that my pack of Oreas was moved to the other mug, hiding the dirty orange residue from the Vitamin C drink, while leaving the other mug empty and clean. Clearly a move to avoid washing the dirty mug, or else why would you move the Oreos from one mug to the other? Lazy lazy lazy. Not entirely a deal breaker, but left a very bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GetawayJunkie
victor f, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn express Beijing Dongzhimen and taking your time to share your feedback about the hotel.We would like to assure you that we have communicated your feedback with the housekeeping and corrective actions have been taken. Thank you once again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel. The room was spotlessly clean, with lots of little touches that elevated it far above most Chinese hotels in which I have stayed, certainly in this sort of price range. Good shower, relatively fast wireless, very good service. There was more than enough English spoken for me to get by, though I didn't interact with that many staff.

Breakfast is of pretty good quality - by no means the most sumptuous breakfast buffet you'll ever have had, but there is a reasonable range of Chinese and non-Chinese food available, freshly made coffee (though you have to queue at peak times to get it from the machine) and so on.

Location is fairly good, within a reasonable walking distance of Sanlitun and its bars. I walked to and from Dongzhimen subway / train station, making this a pretty good option if you are using this as an overnight option before heading to the airport. Be aware that it is a solid 15 minute walk to Dongzhimen station, not right next door; if you have suitcases, or the weather is unfriendly, you'll want to take a taxi (though there is also a shuttle bus at certain times of the day). If you were staying in Beijing for an extended period, and want easier access to the subway, you might prefer something in a different location.

I paid 600 yuan with tax for a single room and it was worth every cent. Would happily stay there again on a short trip to Beijing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AndyH74
victor f, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience.We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future

Reviewed October 2, 2013

i loved this hotel
is really in a nice area u can just go for a walk nd have fun with a lot of bars and restaurants arround
the hotel was clean, comfortable and not expesnive and the food was alright
the computers were helpull
intenet works fine
just amazing

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience.We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in thenear future.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Excellent Service , Great Food , Very Clean Rooms . Internet connection was very fast and unbreakable connection for many hours. Great Location would defenately recommed this hotel to others . thanks for making my stay a pleasant one

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business