Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$59
Free cancellation until 10/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$60
Expedia.com$59
Priceline$60
Trip.com$60
1,482 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2011

After a month of varied hotel standards I just wanted something I knew would be clean and comfortable and at a good rate for a major city and this did the job.

The room was very clean with a comfortable (UK) Kingsize bed. The bathroom was new, clean and had a good shower and had a frosted glass brick wall between it and the bed which made it look very modern.

Location was fine for us as we had tours that started and left form there and we found a laundry and supermarket close by. (Didn't find laundry in the hotel despite a sign - but didn't try too hard)

Breakfast looked comprehensive but limited for Western palates. I had fruit juice, fried egg on toast with bacon, good fresh coffee from their machines (OK so it took 45 seconds to make but for a good coffee I was happy with the wait) Lots of other non Western foods , but not for my taste.

They have 6 or so Mac computers for internet access and wi-fi which were complimentary. (Not all got to gmail, but I just swapped until I got one that did)

Didn't have to interact with staff so can't comment on their skills and did not eat in.

A few people reviews refer to noise, EG the water pipes from above may run down the building so you can hear some light noise from above shower and the walls aren't that thick either - But given I always carry (good) earplugs it wouldn't have been a problem for me and indeed during our 2 night stay i didn't need them.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank AngusJ
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Stayed here for 2 weeks - good price online - then found had to stay for 3rd week and reception refused to allow is to extend. Had totreat it as a new booking and wanted to charge 150RMB per night to extend - they suggested we book online to get better deal. We did this but still had to pay further 100RMB per night.
Reception did not have good grasp of English - breakfast was ok, room was ok, location was good but disaster one evening we chose to eat in. I had simple chicken curry, which I gave some to my wife, who is incidentally 5 months pregnant - the chicken was raw - had blood coming out of bones ... Then we found a hair in my wife's beef with noodles - the waitress apologised and said the chef was not a proper chef !
I will let you know the outcome !
I would of recommended this but the longer I stayed the lower the ratings got

Reviewed April 7, 2011

Hotel itself is clean, provides a Western standard hotel without all of the amenties of a four or five star. However, we were kept from sleeping the first night before dines (~6 PM) and the last morning (~8 AM) by hammering in an adjacent room. We called the fron t desk but it took three calls to get it to stop. Even without the construction noise, the walls are thin and you can hear other rooms espescially when they are using the shower. I was hoping to be able to sleep in but that had to wait until I got home.

Room tip: We were on the 17th floor, try a lower floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Pros:
- front desk staff speaks pretty good English, especially by Beijing standards (same is not necessarily true for restaurant staff)
- free Wifi
- very clean, spacious room with modern, comfortable decor
- walkable to Dongzhimen metro station (the same station that has the Airport Express train)
- some good restaurants about a block away (try the Muslim place a block south and Purple Haze)

Cons:
- not the most touristy neighborhood (this is not necessarily a con!)
- breakfast is likely not to American tastes (you'll be limited to cereal, yogurt, and fried/hardboiled eggs)
- soundproofing not that great (I could hear the room above me through the window until very late; they were quiet the next night)

The room rate was great, the location was pretty convenient, and I was very satisfied with my choice. Would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Rooms X15 are slightly more spacious corner rooms
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank thehebrewhoya
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The Location:
The location of the hotel is OK. There are several convenience stores near the area, a relatively good peking duck restaurant right across, and you can walk towards the Workers' Stadium North Road to see more restaurants. If you're into taking the MRT to go around the city, the nearest station is about a 15 to 20 minute walk at the Dongzhimen station near the Ginza Mall. If you're into shopping, Ya Show mall and The Village is along Workers' Stadium North Road.

The Room:
The room is the average Holiday inn template. Nothing special. And yes, there is free internet available, both wired and wifi.

We were three in the room and I slept on the makeshift bed using the couch. I was thankful for that because my two other friends who slept on the bed developed rashes during our four-day stay. There might be bedbugs or dust mites.

They weren't kidding when they said the pillows were firm. But not to worry as they have softer pillows that are available upon request.

The room that we got didn't have a bathtub but that's OK. We had a hot and cold shower, instead. With three people using it, the shower area's drain can get clogged pretty quickly and has a potential to flood the whole bathroom.

The Breakfast Buffet:
This was the most boring Holiday Inn breakfast buffet I've ever had. The menu doesn't change at all. For four days, we had the following: congee, pork buns, toast with jam and butter, tofu, fried rice, stir-fried noodles, overcooked eggs, sausages, chicken nuggets, hard boiled eggs, corn, fries, cereals, apple juice, orange juice, coffee, salad and yogurt.

The Staff:
They're relatively friendly. The housekeeping staff that I see every day as we exit the room always greets us with a smile. As for the lobby staff, I wouldn't say that they're the warmest lobby people I've encountered but they're definitely not rude.

Date of stay: March 2011