“Nice place with great location”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 19 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Dean E
“Nice place with great location”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 for a stay in December 2011
people found this review helpful

We were in bejing last Dec 11 n had choose this apartment for our 5 nights stay with another 3 family members.

The apmt location is quiet near to the tourist spot such as Forbidden City,Tiananmen square, shaolin theatre, Wang fu jing shopping mall, silk market, acrobatic theatre and temple of heaven. It cost us only rmb25-rmb30 per taxi for one way ride except for shaolin theatre which is within walking distance.

This is guarded apmt and has easy access to groceries shop n Carrefour.it is clean, neat and fully funished n most important is reasonable $$$.

We met Jason during check in n out.nice person n helpful. He is even help us to get taxi to Bejing rail station.

Of coz, we will come again.

Has a nice holiday.

Dean
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Value Location
Nov 7, 2012
Hi Dean,
Thanks for the review. I am also very glad to meet you and appreciate the opportunity to talk to you and share thoughts of each other about the Asia/Malaysia/China. Hope to see you in Beijing again. Best Regards
Jason
Melbourne
Reviewed October 14, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Oct 14, 2012
Hi SG, thanks for the feed back. Indeed, we accept the check in time in late night. As for the method to tell taxi drivers where to go back the apt, we will figure out a good way to improve the communication. Best Regards Jason
Melbourne
Reviewed October 14, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Bochum
Reviewed August 19, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

People with disabilities Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Aug 19, 2012
Hi thanks for the comments. Yes, you are correct, there will be a new subway station nearby soon, it is beijing subway line 7 guangqumennei station. Thanks again for your objective review. Welcome to beijing and this apartment again. Best Regards Jason
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 21, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
Jun 21, 2012
Thanks for the objective review. This does help to clarify some confusing things caused before by a review from one of my guests.
Welcome to this apt again if you go to Beijing! Jason
Quelian
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice apartment - awkward location”
Reviewed April 21, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

I don't want to be mean with my review.

The owner (actually his dad) was very helpful. He met us on arrival after midnight without any complaint - and again for our departure at some ungodly hour like 6 in the morning - again without complaint. Communication was good; the apartment was reasonably priced; and the owners helped us with directing a luggage delivery (thanks, Qantas) and arranging meter taxis to take us to the station to leave Beijing.

The apartment is as described - two bedrooms (one double and one twin) with a portable bed for a fifth child in the large sitting room. The apartment was clean, well stocked, had wifi, a good set of kitchen equipment. The mattresses were firmer than we were used to but there was plenty of bedding to keep us warm.

The one reservation is the location - which is not correctly identified on the map. Beijing is bigger than we expected and distances that look short on a map are really very long. Hence, although the apartment is just two blocks away from the underground; two blocks away from the main station; one block away from Carrefour - the actual block sizes are huge. The underground is a good half hour's walk away. There are also limited dining options in the vicinity - although the kids loved the sweet pastry at the bakery and we liked the yoghurt and beer at the small shops in the nearby alley.

This felt like staying in real China - a real Beijing apartment - and that has plusses and minuses. On balance, an apartment nearer the underground would have been better for small children.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The friendly service
Liked least: The distance from the underground
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CollinsM3...
San Diego, California
“It grew on me”
Reviewed September 14, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

Not knowing anything about this apartment other than the pictures posted and the emails between the apartment owner and me - I wasn’t sure what to expect. At the time I committed to this apartment there were no reviews. I don’t fully agree with Travel Zippers point-of-view. Having traveled to China a few times Westerns are accustomed to different standards; most of the time you just roll with it – otherwise you are going to have a horrible time. So, with that in mind, I offer a detailed review of this apartment.

The owners, were helpful and kind. We were in communication a month before I arrived. They offered their help in getting from the Peking Int'l Airport to the apartment, showed me everything in the apartment and how to work the appliances, and I was able to contact them (via email) and expect a response in an hour or two.

If you are looking for a local Beijing experience or are traveling to Beijing with a family I would recommend this apartment to you. If you are a single, avid traveler, or youngish traveler not looking for the ‘local’ experience, I would direct you to continue looking.

I enjoyed my two-month stay at Poly Rose. I agree that the apartment has real possibilities. The apartment is a modern-Western style with a college dorm feel (mix matched furniture). The apartment is a two-bedroom, one bath, fully functioning kitchen, and washer. There is an air conditioning unit in the main living area and the master bedroom. The second bedroom has two twin-beds with no a/c unit. The bathroom is western (toilet, walk-in shower), however, towards the end of the second month the drain in the shower began to back up, but it was workable. As you will learn, in China you are lucky to have full waterpower showers, but you cannot consistently run at full power (as you shower) or else you will flood the bathroom. Its just part of the drainage system – it goes with no toilet paper in the toilet. The apartment comes stock with plates, cups, bowls, utensils – its provided by the apartment owners and I think previous guest, so its like the take a penny – leave a penny. Everything has been used previously, so a wash before using is advised.

The apartment is located in the Chongwen District. Chongwen is an old area, slowly rebuilding itself (much like Beijing and China in general) to become modern. The apartment is in local-residential area. I think I saw one other foreigner in the surrounding areas of the apartment. I wish I would have known the location of the apartment before hand. The price for the apartment is fantastic; however, unless you are a small family or looking to become a Beijing local I would advise to look elsewhere. There is no evening/night life (except for a KTV bar) and the subway is a 30-mintue walk from the apartment. Pubs and expats are found in the ChaoYang district. On a positive note, the Temple of Heaven and the Pearl Market is a 20-30mintue walk from the apartment. And, directly in front of the apartment entrance are local mini marts (a Vanguard where you can buy drinks and eggs and a Dia where you can buy everything from drinks to household items), fresh vegetables and fruit stand, and in the evening a meat/fish kebab stand husband and wife run with pretty good kebab’s for a kuai a piece and cold beer. A 2-4 minute walk up the small street in front of the apartment (leading onto Guangqumen Lu) offers 5-6 restaurants, a 7-11, a UBC Coffee, China Mobile, ICBC, and a Carrefour. And, down the main street of the apartment Peixin Lu, leading onto the main cross street Xingfu Lu) there are several more restaurants, a 7-11, McDonalds, and an ICBC.

However, the map on the trip advisor webpage for this apartment it is not correct. The apartment is not located on Qianmen E St. It’s located on Peixin Lu. The apartment is about a 25ish Yuan taxi ride to Tiananmen.

The apartment location was difficult for a majority of taxi drivers to find with directions in Chinese and a map. There was a handful that knew exactly where the apartment was; however, I spent most of the time telling the drivers how to get there. This ultimately helped improve my Chinese by giving directions, so it wasn’t a complete lost.

Lastly, the first two-week of my second month, I had no hot water in the apartment. Evidently the supplier cut the hot water the start of the month to the entire area. I let the owners know and they responded quickly with the information and offered compensation for every day I was without hot water. They also sent me an email when the hot water was supposed to be turned back on, which it was. I cannot fault the owners, it is something that happens, but I would like to commend them for compensating me.

Overall, for the price, the apartment was nice. It grew on me and become home.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Felt like home
Liked least: Location
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing