“Great for the Beijing business traveller”

Crowne Plaza Beijing Chaoyang U-Town
Ranked #51 of 6,530 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The Crowne Plaza Beijing at Chaoyang is very conveniently located in the central business district. Close to shopping and subway also as well as a large selection of pretty decent restaurants. Gym is good and also the service is first rate.

• Stayed: August 2013
Nora L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Chaoyang U-Town, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed our service and facilities, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Beijing Chaoyang U-Town

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Interesting Hotel! Lavish decor. Front desk spoke English, no check in problems. Large room with king bed , huge chandelier over bed!. Floor to ceiling marble/granite covered bathroom. Sep. soaker tub. Nice glass shower stall. We had the breakfast included on private floor. Good selection of food choices:eggs, pastries.,fruit.Polite, helpful staff. Nice stay. Quiet at night. Provide you with choice of pillows. Sometimes difficult to get a taxi. Have tea in the lobby area or a drink. Close to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose the floor with all included: breakfast in private area. Serves drinks, snacks and breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Nora L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Chaoyang U-Town, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Marketing & Communications

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in July 2013. Centrally located hotel, next to U-town shopping complex. Friendly and pleasant staff, quick check-in/check-out, clean room, comfortable bed, pillow menu, and complete range of amenities. Breakfast buffet offered a mixture of good variety of international and local fares. Overall a comfortable stay and value for money too.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in July 2013. I had an executive room. I had read the reviews before booking and had seen several complaints about room size and the executive-floor lounge.

The room is smaller than most - probably about 6 feet less deep (front door to window) than a typical Hilton. However, it was every bit as nice as any hotel. The only thing I didn't like about the room was the shower. It is basically square, but a corner is cut off, diagonally. I'm 6'2" and therefore found it a bit cramped. However, the toiletries are large-sized and very nice.

The executive lounge must have improved greatly from the time those previous reviews were written. It was quite extensive and they were constantly refilling popular items and coming around to refill drinks. Thus, it gets an A++. One night they had German-style sausage and potato salad. It was very nice. And, their desserts actually tasted like something, rather than just sugar. Too bad I'm watching my weight or I would have tried one of everything!!

For me, the location was perfect, my client was directly across the street. It is about a block from the foreign ministry. Also, if you need a "US" fix, at the corner is a Burger King and diagonally across the street from it is a McDonalds.

The breakfast buffet also was quite extensive and excellent. Overall, they've done a first-rate job and next time I am in that area, I'll definitely stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Nora L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Chaoyang U-Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience to our guests and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are delighted that you have a lovely stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
best regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Having arrived at the Crowne Plaza for a business function after a 5 hour delay in Shanghai, I was pleasantly and professionally received by a friendly face at the reception counter. They quickly handled my check-in and took me to me room. The room was very nicely appointed and exceptionally clean. The corner rooms I am told are a little larger and for me more than enough space. The Internet connection was very good, so I could easily do whatever business I needed to complete. Breakfast the next moring was excellent with a good variety and all presented properly. Check-out was as smooth and trouble free as check-in. The entire staff spoke good English and were friendly and helpful. I can highly recommend this hotel to any one going to Beijing and needing a centrally located hotel which can pride themselves on excellent service! Good job Crowne Plaza - I will be back again next time I am in Beijing!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room when making your reservation.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Nora L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Chaoyang U-Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for your comments . We pride ourselves in delivering such comfortable stay for our guests and offer a wide range of food & beverage options to suit every taste. We will share your comments to all of our staff to cheer them up, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Beijing.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and i had 10 great days in Beijing. I had stayed in the CP before so knew what to expect, my wife was bowled over by the place and particularly the staff. Very comfortable room, great comfortable bed with pillow menu!!. Ex Lounge staff were helpful and always cheery. Would not heistate to recommend this hotel to anyone, and go the extra mile and get an Executive Room, the facilities are wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nora L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Chaoyang U-Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay .We are delighted to know that you had an overall satisfying stay at our hotel. We appreciate that you liked our beds and pillows and give recognition to our staff. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a great hotel. The staff are so nice and do their best to make your stay pleasant. I really enjoy staying here and make a point of staying there whenever I am in Beijing. The tariffs are very reasonable too.

Room Tip: I stay at club level - if you can get a corner room they are slightly bigger.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter W

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and give recognition to our staff. I will share your comments with all of them to cheer them us. We are look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visite to Beijing.