“Well worth the visit!”

Ranked #154 of 12,786 Restaurants in Beijing
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

My son is a first year student at the Beijing University for Chinese Medicine so on my visit I decided to take him and two of his classmates to dinner (after a visit to the Great Wall). We arrived about 5:25pm and were the first guests on a Monday night. We were told the first duck would not be ready until at least 6pm (did not deter us). We order a few dishes and tea before the duck while his classmates arrived. All the dishes were great amd rge service was right on the money. When the Duck arrived, it did not last long. My only advice is the location is somewhat hard to find. My son speaks Chinese which helped but we did have to ask a few locals to help get us the final 50 yards.

1  Thank McKibbinGroup

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our first night in Beijing we decided to eat at the Peking Duck (based on previous reviews). The restaurant was a little bit cold but the food was great (especially the duck) and the so was the service, so we were not disappointed. Worth a trip if you plan on eating duck!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

On our trip to Beijing my wife and I met 4 friends at Peking Duck Private Kitchen for a Thanksgiving feast. A friend of ours who lives in Beijing recommended the restaurant and made the reservation. When you make reservations you don't reserve a table, you reserve a duck! And the duck was outstanding! We had two and a half ducks and a bunch of sides including fish, lamb chops, vegetables, spare ribs, apple salad, and more and it was all delicious. The only dish they served that we didn't like was beef tendon, the sauce and flavor was good but I couldn't get past the texture of tendons so be careful!

For the squeamish they serve the duck already cut and prepared so don't worry about them putting a duck with its head still attached on your table. They do prepare it in the back of the restaurant so if you want to watch them cut it up then by all means go take a look. For such a nice and delicious restaurant it is surprisingly affordable. All that food and two bottles of wine between six of us only ended up costing about $45 a person.

I have been having dreams about eating that duck again and I'm now on a mission to find some delicious Peking Duck here at home in Tokyo. We will certainly return if we are in Beijing again.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's the best Pekig duck that I had ever eaten.Really wonderful! And many forein people love here.We did have a good night in the retaurant .We are sure about the views of it, useful and nice.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I went there with a group of friends for the last day of Beijing-dinner. This was the best duck I have eaten in Beijing. The food was pre-ordered for us, so I would love to go back and do the ordering myself. We had good time.

1  Thank Megumi H