“awesome dumpling making class” 5 of 5 bubbles

$30.35*
and up
2-Hour Small-Group Culinary Market Tour in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hutong is Beijing's culture exchange center in the heart of the capital. From cooking classes to tea workshops, to walking tours for the intellectually curious traveler, and much more.
New York City, New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“awesome dumpling making class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We did a dumpling making class at the Hutong and had a terrific time. The people who work there are so friendly. I was impressed at the small group size and the organization of the event. I would definitely take additional classes at the Hutong.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank TheLadyinRed03

Beijing
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent cooking class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Myself and my mother went to The Hutong cookery class yesterday afternoon. We had the essentials class, which covered 3 dishes and some chopping skills with the classic chinese knife. We learnt about the different soy sauces, vinegar, oils etc. We asked lots of questions and had answers to all of them.

Nothing was any trouble for the staff here. There was plently of tea to drink and after we cooked the 3 dishes, we tucked in and they were delicious. I will definitely be making them again. We took away with us the recipes and we bought knifes for a very reasonable price. Sofia who was our instructor could not have been nicer and more patient, she was great company. We had a fantastic afternoon and I would highly recommend this as part of a visit to Beijing.

I will be returning to the Hutong.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Vanessa M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Hutong Christmas Fayre - A Festive Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Hutong is well known in Beijing for being a creative, spiritual and social hub in Beijing and the 2012 Christmas Fayre proved to be yet another great event for Beijing foodies and socialites alike! When we arrived, the downstairs courtyard was already full to bursting with Christmas shoppers who were scurrying in and out of the many rooms around the edge of the courtyard and comparing purchases. Each room provided a different tempting treat - traditional festive cakes, puddings and pastries, inspirational gift ideas and a whole stall devoted to our favourite Chinese tipple, TEA! (p.s. Try the lychee tea balls, they are fabulous!). Overall, my favourite thing about The Hutong is the irrestistable charm and atmosphere it provides - we spent hours on the rooftop terrace which was filled with yet more artisan eateries and gave everyone a chance to soak up the festive vibes with a cup (or three!) of delicious mulled wine!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Katherine S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic organisation and exhaustive list of fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Cycling tour to Yunnan in xishuangbanna, cooking classes – Indian, Yunnan and French, live drawing classes and sketch tours …I have been on all of them and still am coming back for more of other activities! Hutong organizes fantastic cultural events, they choose the most beautiful parts of china to go if you are looking to have tour or outdoor activities, or like to enjoy the traditional beijing hutong residence while doing something, with warm and entertaining working staffs. It is authentic and fun! By the way, you find the most appealing and sweet tea packages for your self or as gift!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Grace L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"For everyone who love cooking"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

I love to be in the kitchen. I didn't know until I'm in Beijing. I live in Beijing for 4 years now. I've been try out lots of local food. Wondering if there is anyone who willing to teach. I've been searching, then I found "Thehutong"... I decided to check them out. It was amazing. I took Dimsum , at first. And it turned out reallyyy good. I love Sue Zhou. She has lots of experiences and extremely knowlegable about cooking. She answered all my questions and passionate about it. I cooked at home the next day what I learned from Thehutong, and I made it. My husband and my daughter love my food. I took Thai and Korean cooking lessons also at "thehutong" . Just last week, I took Cupcake and Dumplings lessons. General speaking, "thehutong" have had good chef who willing to share and answered all the questions that I wanted to know about Chinese food. Of course, I am not hesitate to recommend to anyone about it. This is my last year in Beijing. I have had a great experiences at thehutong. Thanks to everyone at thehutong. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Visited December 2012