“Best Airport Hotel”

Days Hotel Beijing New Exhibition Center
Ranked #170 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed November 8, 2013

A Chinese friend suggested I stay at airport hotel as I had a noon flight out of Beijing and no one in their right mind wants to be in a cab or on the subway during morning rush hour when you need to be at the airport by about 9:30 a.m.

I took potluck on this hotel, booking it online because reviews were so positive and the cost was very reasonable. Very glad I did.

Front of house excellent and speak good English. Rooms are very modern and good sized. There is a free shuttle bus to the airport, a mere 15 minutes away. Crucially, walls are thick and windows double-glazed so you don't hear planes thundering 500 feet overhead.

Hotel is about a 16-20 yuan cab ride form subway and New Exhibition Center. It's about a half-hour ride (2 very tedious changes) to downtown area.

while I was checking in I overheard an American college student telling a friend that the breakfast in the hotel was really good. I skipped it. Food court at airport has some good restaurants - and they are very reasonably priced - unlike in British and American airports.
This is an excellent place to stay if you're flying out any time before 1 pm. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Longtimexpat1

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great value for money option near the airport. We used the free shuttle to the airport and it was right on time. Huge room and looked like OK restaurant/room service although we didn't use it (there are some local restaurants nearby). One word of warning - we had a nightmare finding this place in a taxi from the train station - plan in advance or ask the taxi driver to call them (if your mobile phone works in China!).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed at many/most airport hotels near PEK, and this is the one I will go back to from now on. I work in various parts of Inner Mongolia, and tend to fly into Beijing too late for my connecting flights. With early morning flights to catch and no time to explore the city, this hotel is just what I need. It is very affordable (if money is of no concern, I recommend the Langham) and it has everything I want for an overnight stay. I have stayed here three times now, and have just booked it again for another trip next month. The rooms in which I've stayed have been clean, comfortable and well-appointed. This place is definitely not like a Days Inn in the 'States, but is much nicer.
I have had good experiences with the shuttle, something I have truly appreciated after a thirteen-hour flight. I have never had to call the hotel; on my first visit, I followed another reviewer's advice -- T3, fourth floor, door six -- and the shuttle came by within about fifteen minutes. It has always been the same so far.
My flights out have always been too early for me to try the breakfast. However, I must say some good things about the restaurant, after reading some of the other reviews. Call me crazy if you must, but I tend to avoid ordering Western food when traveling in East Asia. Paging past the generic sort of Western fare at the front of the menu, one finds a decent selection of Chinese food. On my most recent stay, I ordered stir-fried pork along with snow peas (mange tout) with fresh garlic. Both were really fresh, cooked to order, very tasty, and both arrived at my table within ten minutes of the waitress taking my order. The food would cost less if I had time to go out and look for a restaurant, but the point of my staying here is that I generally don't have time to explore.
For a reasonably priced, overnight stay between flights, this hotel is just fine.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank saverycreek
Reviewed October 29, 2013

In Shanghai, staying at the airport was easy--the DaZhong airport hotel is between terminal 1 and 2, so getting in late on an international flight and departing early on domestic or vice versa was a piece of cake--not so in Beijing, where the "in airport" hourly setups are just as expensive and not easily predictable/reservations not clear. The Days Hotel had good reviews so I selected it. The staff spoke english, picked me up promptly at the designated area (gate 6 upstairs, either terminal 3 or 2), check in was simple, though nonsmoking rooms are not easily available--rooms are spacious, internet connectivity is excellent, beds firm but comfortable. Bathrooms, toiletries, and in room amenities are good (no instant coffee though). Airplane noise is constant but I like airplanes so doesn't bother me--wake up calls, shuttle to airport are all as prompt as should be. there is a small convenience/gift store where you can get decent snacks and drinks so you don't have to go by taxi to restaurants 10 minutes away--I usually manage with such snacks for an overnight layover--overall turned out to be a good option. Did not experience the pool or workout facilities. I plan to use this hotel next time through Beijing. Remember this is next to the airport, they do have city shuttles but they are few and far between, may be better to get to a subway drop off point and explore the city that way.

Room Tip: try to request nonsmoking room early--entrance is in the back, the hotel is parallel to the runway...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Flyer P
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was convenient to the airport, but it sounded like the planes were landing next door. They offer an excellent breakfast and have a good dinner menu. I'm not sure who stays here, it was pretty empty both times we stayed here. We left before breakfast... it would've been nice if they'd provided a roll or two...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gurgi89
Reviewed October 20, 2013

On arrival at Beijing airport went to information desk to seek assistance with organising the shuttle to pick us up. Had emailed the hotel a number of days before to organise the shuttle and am still waiting for their response! Info desk could not comprehend the request so produced the internet booking confirmation - the Chinese version - and they phoned the hotel. Told to proceed to Level 4 Exit 6 to wait for the shuttle. Waited about 20 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. Check-in was efficient. Room spacious though an odour pervaded the room. Accommodation well insulated and sound proofed as did not hear much overhead flight noise.
Was expecting a fax and on enquiry at reception, attempting to make ourselves understood was very trying. No luck - gave up defeated and hence no fax.
Did not have breakfast at the hotel. Shuttle back to the airport efficient and timely.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've here stayed twice. The hotel has English-speaking staff, large, modern and well-appointed rooms with attractive lighting. They offer most amenities typical of U.S. hotels, including things not often found in China like ice. It is also nice to see a carpet in a hotel room that is reasonably clean.

The breakfast buffet was reasonably good, and included coffee and espresso; made-to-order wonton soup, omelets, and waffles; fresh fruit, toasts and pastries, cereal, and some Chinese dishes.

The hotel shuttle collects guests from the hotel and goes to the airport hourly.

There is not much around the hotel, but the point is to be close to the airport.

Some negatives:

-Odd layout with the main entrance in the back, small lobby, and restaurant in the basement.
-The beds are a bit on the hard side.
-Water pressure was good for the hand-held shower but a bit weak for the overhead rain-style shower head.
-Lots of noise from airplanes, though that will apply to all of the other nearby hotels.

Overall, this would seem to be a good choice for a comfortable hotel near the airport that costs much less than some other options. Chinese-speakers may find better deals.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends