“short stop in beijing”

Days Hotel Beijing New Exhibition Center
Ranked #167 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed October 2, 2013

A great hotel if you are staying near the airport, but an hours trek into beijing by metro

Clean and tidy - huge rooms and very helpful staff

Free shuttle Bus too and from the airport makes life easy too

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Soik M
There are newer reviews for Days Hotel Beijing New Exhibition Center

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The building looks like another nondescript building in an industrial estate – but inside the hotel is as one would expect for an international chain hotel. The rooms and the double bed are huge! It is convenient for the airport, with a shuttle bus. I had 3 experiences of being picked up from the airport by the shuttle bus; two were fine, but the third I had a long wait, almost an hour. Going from the hotel to the airport, the shuttle bus leaves every hour, on the hour. I had a couple of nice meals in the restaurant in the evening – there was quite a wide choice, both Chinese and western, which is good for tired and weary travellers. There was also a very wide choice for breakfast. As you can expect from a hotel near an airport there was some noise but it was bearable. One warning – the Chinese still smoke a lot. It wafts around the corridors and it might be that smoking is allowed in the restaurant. Make clear that you want a non-smoking room if this is important for you. There is a small gym on an upper floor, overlooking a building site next door – nice views of the planes taking off above the rooftops too! One criticism is that the air conditioning was set very cold in the room, 20C, which felt icy coming in from an outside temperature of 30C. I switched it off immediately and tried to heat the room, but failed. A day later, with the air-con having been switched off, it had finally warmed up to a comfortable temperature (for me). As mentioned by other reviewers, it is surprising that the standard of English of the lobby staff (especially) is not better.

Room Tip: Non-smoking
Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarionBurkimsher
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week to attend an event at the New Exhibition Center.
Right after my flight arrive, I went to the information desk, and I asked them to call the hotel's reception. In about 20 min, the FREE shuttle arrived.
The check in was quick and easy. The doorman took my one piece luggage to room, I didn't ask anything, but though that I should give him some tip. Well, I only had 10 RMB changed, so I gave him. The strange part is that he was saying NO NO NO, and the first thing that came to my mind was that he didn't want the tip. I asked he him why he didn't want that? He couldn't speak english, but he said US DOLLAR, US DOLLAR, US DOLLAR. I looked him angry, and I said get out of here. Watch out for this smart busters.
This was my third time in China, so I knew that the cab drivers rip off the passenger. Everytime that I went to the NEC, they charged a different price. Actually, they don't like to drive the people there or to the airport, because is too close to hotel.
Around the hotel, you will walk distance Chinese Restaurant and some convenience stores.
I have eaten couple times at the hotel's restaurant. The waitresses are very kind and helpful. The food isn't great, but good enough to fill your stomach.
Due to the bad pollution, it is impossible to do any outdoor exercise, so I used the treadmills at fitness center everyday. They have a cheap and noise equipment, but it is the only option if you want to work out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank itsmesuzuki
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My friend was in a difficult situation, while in Beijing. I booked a room for him from Russia. The driver met my friend at the airport, drove to the hotel. In the beginning we had some problems from our side, but competent and friendly staff quickly settled all our questions.
Excellent service, big thanks to the hotel staff! All at the highest level! Thank you guys!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We reached Beijing at 2am and terribly tired. When we finally managed to call the hotel, they came within 5 minutes. We were asked to go to Level 2 and wait at gate 6. Check in was quick and the room was big and clean with a nice modern toilet. Only complain is that the carpet looked old and worn out. But nevertheless, I was very happy with this hotel and grateful they came and fetched us at 2am with no problems.

Tip:
When you reach the airport, there's this LCD touch screen at the side where you can make local calls for free. Since it was 2am, the information counter was closed and we were at a lost of how to contact the hotel. The airport security guard was really helpful and helped us to call the hotel to send the airport shuttle.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank autumnlmm
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for few hours over night, didn't get to use much of the facilities. The room was clean, the bed was nice and firm. Reception stuff so could speak English and that was important for us - they did a wake up call for us and got us a taxi for a check out. Fair to note, although this hotel is conveniently located near the airport the taxi drivers didn't know the address and didn't know where the place is. Probably better use the transfer offered by hotel instead of taxi.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I recently stayed at this Days Hotel on the way to Mongolia. I had an overnight and used the 24 hour visa free transit in Beijing. The experience at Days was super. Nice at check in, easy shuttle service back to the airport the following morning. The room was clean and very comfortable. I didn't notice any of the airport noise that some have reported and I am a light sleeper.

A few tips, go to the tourist information desk at Beijing airport. This is the desk on the 3rd floor where you will come out after exiting immigration. They will call the hotel for you and probably tell you to go up to the 4th floor and wait by exit 6. There is a big #6 outside. That is where the shuttle picked me up.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo