“Right under the flight path!”

Days Hotel Beijing New Exhibition Center
Ranked #153 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Right under the flight path!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night as I had a morning flight and had been in Tianjin which would have meant a REALLY early start. Yes, this hotel is convenient for the airport. So much so that it is under the final approach into Beijing International. Planes were coming in to land until 3am, at about 200ft over the building site next door. Then the building work started at about 6am, so I did not get much sleep!
The hotel is clean, room was huge, comfy and very reasonably priced.
I toook a rushed breakfast, so no comment on that.
There is a free shuttle to the airport which is convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Paris, France
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our flight being early in the morning, we decided to book a hotel near the airport, and Days Hotel did the job.
Don't expect anything luxurious, but the rooms are clean and staff is helpful. The only drawback was the smell of smoke in the room but it was only for one night.
We arrived right after lunch and decided to spend the afternoon in Beijing. A taxi took us downtown and we came but with the express train to the airport (a taxi took us from the airport to the hotel). It took us less than an hour either way.
For dinner the staff advised us against eating at the hotel restaurant so we headed out. Though the hotel is located in some sort of industrial area, there are a few nice restaurants one or two blocks away.
This being a airport hotel, noise is expected (planes are flying very low) but we had a nice sleep . The rooms are not sound proof at all (we could hear every little outside noise) but the neighborhood is quiet).
The following day we took the first free shuttle to the airport and everything went well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I spent 2 nights at this property, which I booked due to its good reviews here on Tripadvisor. I arrived just before midnight and called the property and spoke with the front desk, who said they would send the shuttle for me. Half an hour later, it still had not arrived. When I called again, the call went to an automatic system in Chinese, and eventually who answered did not speak any English. It took three more attempts to get an English speaker, and then they said "the driver did not see you". I then learned that the driver was looking for me at a door different from the one they'd instructed me to stand in front of. Finally the hotel said "just take a taxi and we will pay". So I took a taxi, who charged me a ridiculously high fare (the hour was late) and when we reached the property, the hotel didn't want to reimburse the fare I had paid the taxi driver. So I recovered only half the taxi fare. I checked in, they gave me the keys to the room, and when I stepped into the room, it took about 3 minutes for the horrible reality to sink in. The carpet was filthy and worn. I did not dare step on it with bare feet. The room *stunk* of cigarette smoke. On the night table between the two beds, there was a red sign saying "No Smoking". But on the dressing table, there was a conveniently placed ashtray with a box of matches on it, kindly left by the maid for the smoking convenience of the guests. As the planes taking off and landing made a terrible din, I checked the windows and found one of them open. It had a screen in front of it, which was stuck in place, so I couldn't close the window. I battled with the screen for a few minutes, trying to push it upward in order to get my hand on the other side to close the window, and when I held on to the top of the screen, a massive amount of dust started falling off the cover. It hadn't been dusted in ages! Eventually I did manage to close the window, and with the window closed the noise from the airplanes was more bearable, though by closing the window the stench from the smoke and the filth were accentuated. There was nothing to do but grin and bear it as the reservation was guaranteed. But I would gladly have paid 4 times more to stay at a better hotel. When it was new, this was probably a decent place. But it is no longer new, the management has done nothing to keep it in proper shape, and it no longer qualifies as acceptable lodging in my view. I will not stay here again, and I don't recommend it.

Room Tip: My room was awful. I don't know whether other rooms are any better.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank adambena

Travelers are raving about these Beijing hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel offers the shuttle service to airport, which is super convenient for my one day stay and need to catch the early flight.

Pros
1. Big room with free Wi-Fi
2. Average cleanliness
3. Close and convenient service to airport.
4. Quiet

Cons
1. No sightseeing
2. Restaurant is too small and you have to wait for the chef to start to work.
3. Bathroom utility is kind of old or need replaced.

Room Tip: If you need an overnight layover at Beijing Airport, this is the best value option.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Xi'an, China
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The standard of the rooms and level of comfort for the money is excellent here, and certainly on the 2nd floor (1st floor in British money) the aeroplane noise is pretty minimal (though still audibly 'there'). However, the 'pick up' offered from the airport is not quite as handy as other reviewers will lead you to believe. We called them after landing to tell them we needed a pick up and we got told we had to wait about one hour. Given we had to be in central Beijing in one hour this was both inconvenient and impossible for us to accept, which was a pity. When we told them this they said they 'had their own schedules to keep to'.
However the bus TO the airport the following morning (starts 4.30am by the way) was extremely efficient so for that reason I'll stick to 4 stars not 3.

Room Tip: Go for 2nd floor rooms, they seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LiJames77
NY
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed on night for early airport departure.

Hotel was nice enough for 1 night stay but was a disaster for meeting the airport shuttle.

I wrote in advance advising my flight and hotel confirmed they would meet me at airport and advised where to meet. They didn't meet me. Called them to ask where driver was. Finally got picked up and taken to hotel. By the time I got to hotel, it was and hour and a half after my confirmed pickup.

Room Tip: As for a room far from hotel entrance. Hotel employees gather in front of hotel and talk to each oth...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Meise, Brabant, Belgium
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel is well situated for business travelers going to the new exhibition center;
Also very near the airport BUT that is also one of the serious negative points: the airplanes sometimes almost fly into the room... NO possibility to open the window, the noise would be crazy.
Luckily the windows have quite good isolation against the noise from outside.

Rooms are OK and clean.
The breakfast buffet is not overwhelming but more than just OK.
The first night we had dinner in the restaurant: something that I don't recommend!
The hamburgers were not cooked although it took a looooong time to get them served.
We complained and again it took a loooooong time to get new ones: this time they were OK.
Not a lot of customers for dinner so I guess most people went outside for dinner, this is what we also did for the rest of our stay...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business