“Great business hotel with good breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square

Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square
Ranked #114 of 6,442 Hotels in Beijing
Akersloot
“Great business hotel with good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very nice hotel at a convenient location for me. Great rooms, although the glass shower wall between the shower and the bed took a bit of adjustment....All facilities are present and the staff is very helpful.

Breakfast is nicely located in a special lounge for priority club members. Good quality breakfast.

All other bars and restaurants are too 'cold' to be nice; interior or service not my taste. Dinner at Chopstick Chinese Restaurant was terrible; took too long and the waitress did not understand English properly.

Happy hour in the Hi Bar was nice; but that was because of the company.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeijingMiaomiao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Sir,
I would like to express my deepest gratitude for your comments about our hotel: thank you for the time you have dedicated to us, thank you for your encouraging words and “understated” suggestions, thank you for being our guest!
Should you come back to Beijing, I would be much honored to meet you and why not?….share a good bottle of tokaji with you!!
With all good wishes
Christian Eyer
Ext 6101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have lived in China long enough to know that a Holiday Inn in China is a lot better than in the USA or UK. But the quality of the rooms, the beds and the facilities are exceptional for a Holiday Inn, and would shame most Hiltons. As always in China though, it is not the hardware that is the issue...I had a very strange "discussion" around ordering a drink and some food in the Club Lounge after Happy Hour had finished. Rather than take my order (for which I was happy to pay) the conversation centered only on the fact that the free food and drink had finished for the evening. Eventually, after far more explanation than should have been necessary, there was a recognition that I was happy to pay was not EXPECTING free food or drink...just somewhere other than my room to eat it! Anyway, I sympathize with the HR issues of any company in China...but if you do not live here please have patience and tolerance of service failings...

Room Tip: The Club Lounge, whilst a welcome space, has a very limited range of not so well presented/heated fo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BeijingMiaomiao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the experience you had with us.
We are pleased to know that you have appreciated the comfort of our rooms. However, we are sorry that we did not measure up to your expectations in terms of service, please accept our apologies and you can rest assured that we are doing our utmost to strengthen our training.
Thank you again and should you visit us again, I would be much honored to meet you personally.
With best regards

Christian Eyer
Ext. 6101
christian.eyer@ihg.com
israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

After a previous disappointment this visit was excellent. The room was great, the staff very friendly and efficient. The position is between the airport and the city center which is where I usually like to be positioned for business trips.
I would greatly recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeijingMiaomiao, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Your comments are very much appreciated and I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share the experience you had with us.

I thank you very much for your comment and look forward having the opportunity to welcome you personally at the Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square.

Jessie Sun,
Public Relations Manager
jessie.sun@ihg.com
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed there while on business for 4 days. Room are really good and they have allocated us some with great view as well. Excellent service and reasonable prices for extra services like laundry or minibar. The bar downstairs was not as great as I would expect but it was ok. If you are planning to move around by taxis it's ok but if you are planning to use public transport, probably not the best choice. Great service as well. Continental breakfast ok but could have been better. I haven't used the pool but my colleagues have reported great facilities !

Room Tip: Always have the address written in Chinese as the hotel is not very well known, taxi drivers struggl...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lina S
Your comments are much appreciated and I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share the experience you had with us.
We are very close to Sanlitun and new Internaional Exhibition Center, If you want to by taxi, you can ask our concierge, he can help you; if you want to by bus, 935,976,111,401...is waiting for your choice, and also you can by subway line 15.

Jessie Sun
jessie.sun@ihg.com
HK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night in end March, very close to our office, within walking distance. Good room size and amenities. Due to its hidden location, not easy to get taxi, but the front desk helped to call for one. The only issues faced was during breakfast time, my table was occupied by another person (i had a orange jucie and a coffee on the table) while I was awayed to get food from the Buffet table which annoyed me a bit. I had to look for a nearby staff to get me moved to another table. But totally understood that was not the fault of the hotel.

Stayed March 2012
Pepperell. MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed March 20-21, 2012 on business. Selected hotel based on proximity to my office, which was a short walk. Room was comfortable, spacious, and the internet service worked fine. Good bathroom amenities, and bottled water provided was generous (2 large bottles each day). Signs warning guests not to drink tap water were thoughtful (though I already know not to drink the water in China, having the signs was a nice touch). Breakfast on the 6th floor was good - friendly staff, good selection of foods, quick, and comfortable. The only thing that I would have liked is a guest laundry - the Holiday Inn Express around the corner has one, and it would have saved my company about $50 for 4 sets of shirts, socks, and undies, Check-in and check-out were problem free, quick, and accurate. The room rate included breakfast (which they told me when I checked in). I'd stay here or in the Express around the corner next time, the hotel is convenient to the airport and my office, and my lack of Cantonese was never a problem.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeijingMiaomiao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Sir,

We do have a Laundry/Dry Cleaning service on the premises, therefore, we will make sure either not forget to put the information……or place it in a more prominent place.
Should you come back to our hotel, we would be happy to offer you free laundry for the items you mentioned above. Please contact me at ext. 6101 or any of our Front Office Staff.

Christian Eyer – General Manager
Everett, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel is about half way between the airport and downtown Beijing. It is relatively new, the room was large (King room), the bathroom was large, the internet was good, mini-bar, refrigerator, good view.... two of the desk staff I talked to spoke good English and were professional. Check in/out was good. TV had plenty of English speaking channels. There is a shopping mall just around the corner with restaurants.

I didn't eat in their restaurant or go the bar, but I have no complaints with this hotel at all.

At only 10,000 points, it's been a bargain for Priority Club members for at least the last 7 months (We have been there four times since summer).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family