“200rmb for a huge buffet yet I almost didn't eat anything”

Golden Jaguar International Cuisine Collection (The Place)
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Guomao
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

200rmb for dishes that worth 20rmb in crappy places (and better in these places). I hardly found what to fill my plate with and couldn't eat more than half of it. I went there with many friends and all of them had the same feeling. I don't even understand how some people can give it a good review…

2  Thank supersdf

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

very big buffet chinese and international food ; good service. the price is ok for this kind of buffet ( ~200¥ per person) we were in a private room.

1  Thank Alain L
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Very famous buffet chain in China. Personally, I do not like buffet food. They supplied some nice deserts. The free wine, drinks, and beer (budweiser) were all low quality. Some items you were limited too. Also, they had oyster but I could not get them to cook the oysters without putting cheese goo over the top. No Beijing duck which is surprising at a top of the line Beijing buffet. The food is refreshed regularly and they had a fairly large selection of sashimi, if you dare try at a chinese buffet. The meat dishes were all tough and a bit dry, because they were overcooked from sitting out too long under the heat lamp. The chocolate fountain (looked cool) but it was fake tasteless coating not real chocolate and was horrible. The tempura shrimp was good. They also had fairly disgusting looking pizza which I did not try. I guess the desserts were the best part probably because they are served cold. An average buffet but because the price is high and the quality generally low, I am giving a poor rating. I went to the one off of Wanfujing, I think there are others in Beijing that could be better. However, for the same price you could have a very elegant meal at any one of the many Beijing restaurants.

1  Thank Harring10
Reviewed March 13, 2012

The sheerscale of this place would put many people off but the standard is very high and very few Westerners have found it! Always a plus in my eyes.

1  Thank Tittletattle
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This buffet place has an extensive selection of asian food. Everything is fresh and tasty.

2  Thank chachi07

Travelers who viewed Golden Jaguar International Cuisine Collection (The Place) also viewed