“Nice shopping area”
Review of Yashow Market Beijing - CLOSED

Yashow Market Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Mainly designer's clothes, tailor with a large selection of silk and suit cloths. The market also holds some children's clothes and silk products. Mp3/Mp4-players and other electronic goods, watches, pearls and jewellery, some tea and tea-related stuff, Chinese ornaments and quite a lot of toys.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Alot of variety. Been to a few markets and malls and found Yashow to be the best of all. Starting price may be abit high, need to haggle. Most of the shops are selling the same products, so check out some of the pricing before purchasing. The retailers are more friendly and accommodative.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you want to do some shopping in Beijing, this is the place!
Subway line 10. The station is called: Tuanjiehu. Exit A. Turn right. Make another right turning. Then keep on walking straight for 5 minutes. You will see it on your right.

Things you need to know and be aware of:

1) If you look foreign, the starting price is MUCH higher than the value price. They sell many fake items: Chanel bags, LV, abercrombie, The north face, Hollister, Armani, columbia, Paul Frank, Gucci, Swatch, Apple electronics, OPI nailpolish, Samsung, Ray Ban sunglasses, Nike, Adidass, Beats etc. etc. etc.
THESE ARE ALL FAKE! NEVER PAY THE FULL PRICE THEY QUOTE!
Example: The asking price for a Columbia jacket is 1600 RMB. You have to bargain. Laugh in the seller's face. Final price is 150 RMB. Same goes with ALL the products in the market.
If the seller doesn't agree to bring down the price, then say it is too expensive and walk away. Usually the seller will come running after you.

2) If you buy more than 1, the price should be even cheaper.

3) It is more difficult to bargain when the market is full of tourists.

4) Nothing is original. Don't believe the labels that say "Made is USA"/ "Made in Switzerland"... Therefore don't believe the labels that say size S/M/L/XL. TRY IT ON! Make sure it fits and that there are no holes.

5) Every product comes in different qualities. Ask for the best. Then make sure the price you bargain is for THAT item. If the seller wraps it up and puts it in a bag/ box for you, CHECK IT! You don't want to find out you received a different product (or an empty box).

6) Be patient. Smile.

7) Don't bargain if you dont want to buy the product.

8) Electronics- No gurantee so I wouldn't buy anything serious. I bought a mouse for my PC. It broke the next day. Lucky I paid only 40 RMB and not the asking price which was 280.

Conclusion- It is a fun place to do your shopping. Bargain properly. Don't expect high quality.

8  Thank danagoldb
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Having been to Yashow more than a few dozen times, I feel I need to update my review. When we first began going to Yashow, the shop keepers were vocal and persistent, which is fine. It's part of the game, I understand that. The last two times I have visited Yashow, I felt like I was being attacked!! It was shocking, to be honest. I do not expect to get items for free and do not try to bargain so low that it is an insult. I'm also not going to pay a fortune because I look like a tourist. One shop keeper followed me down the walkway, yelling at me in English that her quality was very good and that I was stupid. Her quality WAS, in fact good, but calling someone stupid is way over the line. About two weeks before that, a man got upset with me because I told him his price was too high, so I politely said no thank you. He asked if I wanted it for free and was in my face, scaring my child. This was completely unacceptable behavior on both accounts. I was not aggressive, rude, or trying to bargain below what I felt was a reasonable price. I also feel that people visiting China who think they are going to get everything for dirt cheap are mistaken. There are plenty of vendors who will pass on a sale because they won't accept your lowest price. Even my local friends who are Chinese are shocked by what tourists expect to pay for items. It's just not as cheap as a lot of people think it will be. So I am done shopping there, and will be fine without it. There are more than enough markets in Beijing to get what I need without the nightmare that has become Yashow.

2  Thank PandasNPugs
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Either deal with this indoor market experience as entertainment so you are relaxed and therefore get good deal and some fun, or have a glass of wine, chill-out and enjoy the experience! These ladies are great at getting us foreigners to pay more with sighs, gasps and "impossible". For me, if a piece of clothing costs more than say a place like Target, Asda or the like then you are paying way too much. Walk away and watch the price tumble. Nothing is 'real' here despite what you are told so don't pay those prices. Great leather Burbarry (!) handbags in the basement though recently and Polo Smith tshirts too! Toilets are rough here. Cash machines here. Go earlier in the day when it's quieter.
Have a manicure, foot massage etc here as the prices are great. Good restaurants next door at the The Village, Sanlitun.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Read around the reviews on Yashow here on Tripadvisor and you'll find out what kind of prices you should be paying for things. If you don't do your homework, you'll pay way too much.

With that being said, I routinely go here with some friends from Beijing (Chinese) and they almost always pay 2-3x more than I do, simply because they're not as informed and they think being Chinese gets them some magic deal.

As everyone else has echoed, this isn't the place to window shop. If you even slow your pace down you'll be hounded. But everyone has a smile and you feel some comfort and safety in seeing dozens of other foreigners around you playing the same game. Bring a smile- you won't get any better deal being a jerk.