“Stretch a Leg Travel”

Stretch-A-Leg Travel-Day Tour
Ranked #76 of 387 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Stretch-a-leg Travel specializes in historical walking tours in Beijing, hiking at the wild Great Wall and original villages around Beijing, and trips to unique destinations around China.We combine Chinese history, knowledge, and the culture expertise of locals with a commitment to international levels of professionalism and customer service.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Stretch a Leg Travel”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I took my 14-1/2 year old grandson to Beijing.. the first time for each of us... I used Stretch a Leg based on the review on CBS Sunday morning... Henry our guide was EXCELLENT extremely knowledgeable about chinese history and knew GREAT restaurants for lunch.as well as recommending some for dinner (with instructions on how to get to them).. This was really appreciated as we were exhausted and need to re-fortify..
Henry was prompt courteous and his command of English was superb.. no problem understanding him at all.. we never felt rushed
My only complaint is that we did too much.... I think Stretch a Leg should have advised us that since we had 6 days in Beijing we should NOT have done 3 full days of touring in a row... a day off in between would have been welcomed and needed or perhaps 2 half day tours in the mix
I would certainly recommend their services to anyone as this is an amazing city with lots to see

Visited July 2013
1 Thank eve2838

München
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An absolute highlight”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have been on tours with Stretch-A-Leg several times myself over the past few years and they are my number one recommendation for friends, colleagues and business partners visiting Beijing (all of whom were delighted after their trips, too...). The Stretch-A-Leg guides speak perfect English, their tours are thought-through, off the beaten path and well organized, and they are highly flexible when it comes to tailoring a custom tour. In brief: worth every dollar invested!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank muc-hon
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beijing guided tour”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I took our family to Beijing for a week of sightseeing as part of our 2 week vacation in China. Based on a friend's recommendation, we used Stretch-A-Leg to help plan and guide us on a full day tour of the Great Wall and Summer Palace and 2 half-day tours to see sights within Beijing. I must say that everything was wonderful and our guide, Henry, was terrific. Henry was very friendly, personable, knowledgable and really enhanced the tours with his deep knowledge of each site and with Chinese history. He was also very patient as we had our 2 kids, aged 5 and 3, with us. His English is excellent and he answered our multiple questions with thoughtfulness and with context in Chines history. Henry really made our trip to Beijing a very rewarding and fun experience. I would highly recommend Stretch-A-Leg and Henry to anyone looking for a private tour guide of Beijing.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank davidkim1967
Gainesville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Private tour guide in Beijing”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I visited Beijing in March of this year, and we did everything with Stretch-A-Leg Travel... they are AWESOME!!! I never write reviews, but these guys were so amazing that I had to do it. We had two different guides. Our first guide, Laura, was so personable and funny. She put us at ease right away. She took us on the Wild Wall tour, which was just unbelievable. It was breathtaking. We saw only ONE OTHER PERSON during the entire hike!! Laura told us so much history about the wall, and answered a ton of questions from us. The second day she took us to the Summer Palace, which is a beautiful place full of rich history and culture. Laura knew exactly where to take us, and didn't take us to a lot of repetitive places - it's such a big place that you could easily get weary if you don't stay focused. Our last day in Beijing, we had Jonathan - this guy is so full of knowledge about Chinese history, it is mind-blowing. He took us on the Hutong tour. This was probably my favorite part of the trip. We learned so much about the history of china and beijing, and about how the real Beijingers lived, then and now. I was able to get tons of great photos of the local people and homes. Just fantastic. I can't recommend Stretch-A-Leg enough. They are pricey - but it is sooooo worth the money. We had an amazing trip, thanks to Laura and Jonathan.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Anamaria919
Beijing, Beijing, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Summer Palace and The Great Wall”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had an a amazing day tour through the Summer Palace and The Great Wall in a group of 4. From the moment we sat on the tour bus our Stretch-a-leg guide Tony was excellent. Throughout the day we learnt about the history of Beijing, Summer Palace and The Great Wall. Tony was able to answer all our questions and chose a great route through both sites. I definitely recommend Stretch-a-leg for your tour, they bring the historical sites alive and give so much insight that you leave feeling a sense of deeper understanding of what you have seen.

Visited July 2013